Sign in to follow this  
DarkstarF16

P3D in Eyefinity at 20fps

What does 20fps really look like? Taken on my phone, a little jerky, so is not the best video you'll ever see. It does give a flavour of what the shadows look like though and doesn't last very long.

Originally I was a little miffed that the FPS counter indicated that it was going to be a slideshow. Of course, I had no fun whatsoever, flying illegally :)

It was all done in the pursuit of knowledge.

th_01158228a2c32479cc102091be9d1c51fcbfd

GPU is the ATI 7950 and the proc is an intel running at 3.4GHZ so nothing special. All the specs are in my signature by the way.

Its on by default and displays in the top left corner of the first monitor. Exactly the same as in FSX. The frame counter pops into view about 7sec from the end. Apologies if its not very clear.

It's definitely there, but unreadable.  I'm wondering if your fps was fluctuating, say from 30 to 15 and everywhere else.  Call  me a skeptic.

It's definitely there, but unreadable. I'm wondering if your fps was fluctuating, say from 30 to 15 and everywhere else. Call me a skeptic.

If the frame rate was to drop so drastically, as it does if you drop down the menu it would be extremely obvious. 30 haha no, I can achieve 30 if I minimise all my settings and that would also be obvious. The highest I've seen it go on my PC (if you set frames to unlimited) is 25. I'm afraid my GPU and processor just aren't good enough for that. The caveat is when I'm in Eyefinity.

If I only run it on one screen then yes it will hit 30 but I'm so used to how it is, that it feels like I've been blinded in both eyes :) As you can see I was running all three screens.

It seems to like where it is, it is pushing a lot of pixels remember! And behaves just as you saw in the video. If theirs anything else I can do to help then please PM me.