All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi I am still using fsx on a 12 year old pc..I would live to get fs2020 but obviously my pc wont run it..I am strapped for cash but found this pc on sale ..Would it be ok for fs2020 running pmdg 737...Thank you for your help....Yosser I 13700f processor....rtx 3060ti gpu....16bg ddr5 ram...i tb ssd..
  3. Your customary fascinating intro, P_7878 and another splendid set of shots. I really love that Friend Ship livery, but personally I've never been that enamoured of the grey/blue paint. No great fondness for KORD in real life - I always seemed to have to rush like crazy for miles between gates for connecting flights whenever I used it, but I do enjoy it in the sim. Lots of good airports and addons for around that area. Re your CS comment - they do have the 763 and 764 for MSFS, but no 757 - and I'll join you in the queue for that one!
  4. He wasn’t being disrespectful to other developers. It was a factual statement. Now, if he said “we are able to do X because other developers don’t have that capability” then I would agree with you. But he didn’t.
  5. I'm regularly polling the site where Balthasars program stores the resulting file.... Expect it any moment now.
  6. Which one can do a an actual RNAV and RNP approach ? The Flybywire one remains parked for the lack of that feature for me. The IniBuilds one i dont know so im genuinely asking.
  7. Not the first time and will not be the last anyone part of the team is allowed to break the rules but those that aren’t get warned.
  8. Many thanks for the replies. I have tried various different combinations of manual braking, from tapping (up to six or even more times) and pressing and holding the brakes (eventually this also causes the aeroplane to stop of course) without the autobrake disengaging. Still the only way to disengage it is to turn the autobrake off separately, which I would rather avoid if possible. I will see if I can give this some further testing over the coming days, but am wondering if it might have something to do with the Airbus TCA quadrant with the autobrake switch still set to an 'on' position until physically moved to 'off'? (with the PMDG 737 I don't map the autobrake switch)
  9. Not in the slightest--I'm pointing to a fact of human behavior that we get used to newness to the point we no longer have the same reaction to the same material that originally was so impressive to us. To expand on that even without SU5/7 changes we would have become used to what we see over all of this time, years. I've been hyper vocal about cloud depiction and weather since very early on. Take note of how many people here responded that cloud depiction was already 'good enough',. 'better than ever before' yada yada: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/641142-msasobo-i-so-hope-you-dedicate-the-lions-share-of-the/?do=findComment&comment=5052724 I've stated over and over the real villain here is low density voxel resolution--I'm pretty sure that is the change we all noticed from initial launch, and that is what would need to change to accommodate Xbox's limited VRAM because of the performance impact: clouds got blurrier, fuzzier, and so forth. Very difficult to make distinct forms out of mush, which is why I contend making various cloud morphologies is exceedingly challenging with the current technology. That is in part the reason we see clouds that look more like this--from a distance not bad at all often, but up close, blurry city: Instead of more like this: Here's a shot from pre SU5/6: better density but still a ways to go: Very hard on performance and that is one of the challenges of volumetric cloud depiction with our current level of technologies, hard and soft, and apparently density took a hit to accommodate Xbox and PotatoPC processing capabilities. I think this is likely also the reason why we may in fact be stuck at some level with Xbox's influence on this: no can make a slider to increase voxel density in large part because if that were possible w/ this approach to volumetric clouds they could easily just increase density with a slider for those with the hardware to process it.
  10. If you like audio quality...FBW has one of the best sound sets in the sim. The ini version which I have flown twice is very lacking in that department. Not sure why, but they seem to have a hard time with their sound levels/mixing....
  11. I will see if I can open a Revolut account tonight: you can get a virtual CC there, so it seems, and maybe that'll do the trick.
  12. New version 1.3.0 available for free and for PC at https://flightsim.to/file/62459/bowerman-airport-vintage-edition-khqm Replace the default white/red windsock with 100% orange animated Attempt to fix the bump on the west side taxiway. Let me know if it’s better… or not
  13. Went to file a few screenies, and got distracted looking at some old shots. Thought I'd post some of them here as a reminder of some old faces that haven't reappeared (yet?) for MSFS. When MSFS first came out I did convert a few older aircraft but not all were successful and most of the ones that were initially ended up u/s after a few MSFS updates. Not a big deal, got way more than I can reasonably use in the hangar now anyway, but there's always room for more! I'll start with one of my real all-time favourite aircraft. Had a couple of trips to the SAS museum at Omaha to see this beaut, and still got a couple of plastic model kits I bought there sitting around waiting to be built. That'll probably never happen now - not sure I've got the fine point dexterity to do such things any more. and this beast is also rather fine "come on if you think you're hard enough!" None of these warplanes are here because of their militaristic uses, I just like them aesthetically I actually like pretty much all of the the "century" jets, and had most of them for FSX/P3D And this always was a schoolboy favourite kind of thing especially painted like this! OK, so I do actually have one of these for MSFS but this one is better looking! Another major fave Not exactly pretty but remind me of my yoof and Southend Airport experimental is good Sea Dart - a jet with skis! Now that looks like fun The BUFF, well named! And lastly, this was an occasional delight! Got plenty more somewhere, might post some if I find them again. He-111 springs to mind, I know I've got some nice shots of that somewhere.
  14. So... just skip that and go straight to taxi after clerance? I did that all the time during beta (using button control, I have to add).
  15. First of all: Thanks to all for your suggestions! I’ve tried to balance CPU & GPU load. The starting point was, that with all settings maxed out and TLOD/OLOD both at 150 , I was limited by mainthread as long as I was using Traffic ( FSLTL or FS-Traffic ). As soon as I disabled Traffic, I’m still mainthreat limited, but the CPU-Graph now remained constantly yellow. So I’ve tried to give the GPU more load, which wasn’t easy, as I was still CPU limited with all settings maxed out already. So I’ve cranked up the rendering scale in order to get the GPU more involved, which was successful and I eventually came to a point, where the limit was constantly changing between CPU & GPU, while the CPU-Graph was constantly yellow and the GPU was stable at just below 32ms. So far, so good, but the stutters remained, the VR-experience was still far from being smooth or fluent. I simply don’t know what to do… Best regards!the GPU more involved, which was successful and I eventually came to
  16. Pretty much all he does in his vids and he's proof that the claim of MSFS being Xbox focused is completely bogus.
  17. Today
  18. I have that but I don't need it in the US. You can start your aircraft without permission on ramps.
  19. I didn’t even use a credit card, I have one of those debit cards that can be used like a credit card.
  20. The inibuilds Neo will also be getting a free enhancement package in the marketplace at launch that adds a cabin, if you care about that kind of thing.
  21. is it possible to set the sound to my headphones? Now the sound goes to the speakers. But did not find any option to change that... Any advice?
  22. Hi all. i installed REX FORCE P3D. I’m using AS + ASCA, but I disable ASCA by changing extension to *.off to avoid starting every time I start AS. So I use AS ENGINE + REX. does anyone knows why every time I start AS, the sky color changes? Thanks all
  23. I tried the INIBUILDS A32N yesterday after installing the latest SU15 patch, and hadn't used it for a while, so I tried to focus on some aspects of the simulation that were lacking or wrongly implemented or had bugs, and I found out that I really like it now !!! All taken into consideration it's probably not to the level of detail of the FBW A32X but it's still very acceptable and just like the FBW it gives me an overall "feel of flying", particularly when hand flying, that I consider, based only on empiric simmer background only OFC, and thus with NILL validity for those who fly the thing for real as their jobs, better in feel when handlfown than the FENIX. It took me a bit to understand how to properly use the GUI in the EFB to set the throttle calliration, and I was about to give up when, all of a sudden, there was LIGHT ! 🙂 but it's probably due to being really slow these days with my neurons 🤣 So, to answer your question, I would use BOTH the FBW A32X and the INIBUILDS 32N v2 ! After all RW pilots say that even in RL when flying two aircraft of the same base model, differences can be noticed, specially when they have different versions of the FMGC / MCDU, etc... Regarding FPS / optimization it looks VERY GOOD too !!!
  24. Knowing iniBuilds, the plane would be very heavy on FPS. That kills any immersion. My vote is for FBW.
  1. Load more activity