Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Question for Jesus

I have a GTX295 which eats games but I know it's not the best for FSX because it has two GPUs (micro-stuttering).I was thinking about getting either a GTX285 or GTX480.If you have time could you please explain which single GPU card would be best for FSX using your tweaks?Thanks in advance.

I have a GTX295 which eats games but I know it's not the best for FSX because it has two GPUs (micro-stuttering).I was thinking about getting either a GTX285 or GTX480.If you have time could you please explain which single GPU card would be best for FSX using your tweaks?Thanks in advance.
I can tell you that in my experience a high clock rate is more important that a 2x GPU core. Just buy a BFG factory OClk'd and use EVGA Precision to jack it up to 675. Like Bojote says.. "it's a Monster"jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I have a GTX295 which eats games but I know it's not the best for FSX because it has two GPUs (micro-stuttering).
The short answer:I'm gettting a GTX 480 and selling my GTX 285 :)The GTX 285 works really good with BP=0 HOWEVER, you need to sacrifice Autogen and scenery complexity for 100% stability.. so, it all depends on your sliders :)

ops! iam having the GTX295 and my Medal of honor Flies....but unfortunately my FSX cannot fly as high as MOH :)) Ironic eh?Is it so big problem with the sanwich GPU for 295?I am trying to tweak FSX per ******* guidelines and i cant get rid of these microstutters....any info?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p