Sign in to follow this  
bojote

FSX + BP=0 + nVidia GTX 480

thats what GPU-Z is reporting :) I sent them 'as is' if you look at memory usage it even has a minus (-) sign.. don't know why. probably we need a newer GPU-Z for the 400's
There is a GPU-Z version 0.4.2 :(

Best regards from RelaxX

Will this card allow you to run BP=0 + ENBSeries, nHancer, MultiMonitor, High resolution and ALL sliders to the right? (except Bloom/Water 2.0 Max/Car traffic) the short answer:YES!! it will ;) however..
Can you run the sim with two monitors, one showing the cockpit view and another showing the spot view. Do you still get > 20 ... 30 FPS in most of the sitations?What is the resolution of your monitors?

Best regards from RelaxX

Can you run the sim with two monitors, one showing the cockpit view and another showing the spot view. Do you still get > 20 ... 30 FPS in most of the sitations?
Honestly, I don't think that is possible with any card on FSX... it's already enough that we are battling single screen with such high IQ.

I am playing musical cards here, I just sold my 5970 on ebay and got an order in for a gtx 480 from New egg.I lock my frames at 24 anyway so I think I will benefit tremendously. :(

*******,Thanks for running the test.What happens if you lock it at 40 fps?40 is my holy grail!!!! Unfortunately my gtx285 likes 30.By the way, I'm really impressed with the 197.45 driver.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

*******,Thanks for running the test.What happens if you lock it at 40 fps?40 is my holy grail!!!! Unfortunately my gtx285 likes 30.By the way, I'm really impressed with the 197.45 driver.
at 40 FPS it also plays fine! I only see spikes when it goes OVER 60, and they are few... so even 60 would be fine if you are ok with those spikes. by the way... this baby overclocks beatifully :) I'm doing 800/1600 and 2000 on the memory... so far, likes it ;)

What can I do to you run the sim with two monitors, one showing the cockpit view (1600 x 1200) and another showing the spot view (1280 x 1024). I would like to get > 20 ... 30 FPS in most of the sitations? I would like to use ATI cards?One 5780 2GB OC?Two 5850 1GB?Or one GTX 480?*******, are you running FSX in multi monitor mode? How?I use a i5-750 @ 4.2 GHz. Ths FSX is running almost perfect with one monitor 1600 x 1200.

Best regards from RelaxX

*******, are you running FSX in multi monitor mode? How?
RelaX, I run CLONE (not multi) and I've (in the past) tried what you suggest. it's a frame killer... multi windows are bound to your CPU speed, not your GPU, so no matter if you use an ATI, in the particular case you describe the CPU is what limits you

What can I do to you run the sim with two monitors, one showing the cockpit view (1600 x 1200) and another showing the spot view (1280 x 1024). I would like to get > 20 ... 30 FPS in most of the sitations? I would like to use ATI cards?
First time non-believer? :-)What is "most of the situations"? Hubs? Heavy scenery? Or light scenery aka GA? If 2nd, anything GTX285+ will suffice - for more or less decent performance (tried it on my plasma). If 1st, nothing will suffice for that config.EDIT: AKA what ******* also said.

Thanks ******* and Word Not Allowed."Most of the situations" means heavy scenery, demanding aircraft, a lot of clouds, but NOT large hubs.I know and agree that the FSX is mainly CPU bound. Can I reach my objective with two independent 5850 cards (not crossfire)?

Best regards from RelaxX

Thanks ******* and Word Not Allowed."Most of the situations" means heavy scenery, demanding aircraft, a lot of clouds, but NOT large hubs.I know and agree that the FSX is mainly CPU bound. Can I reach my objective with two independent 5850 cards (not crossfire)?
You can't but with two computers and WideView yes, you can reach your objective.http://www.wideview.it/

Guest UlfB
Interesting... since all the research I've been doing focused on BP=0 I never mentioned something that might 'explain' why so do have good results with 500.000.There is 'yet another' hidden variable in BufferPools ;) its called: RejectThreshold. like this:RejectThreshold=1000000So, if you want to experiment (you say 1000000 will give you problems) so, reduce the threshold to 500.000 and leave PoolSize at a high value. (default)
Hi *******,You might try these tweaks: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041to get your FSX smooth!

Hi *******,You might try these tweaks: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041to get your FSX smooth!
Sorry, and your point is? I don't understand your comment. The above tweaks are like 2 years old, however they DO mention my recent HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak/fix, so I still fail to see what is the point you are trying to make Ulf, you want me to go read my own discoveries?As for BP=0, with NEW hardware such as the GTX 480 and the ATI 5870 it works beatifully, and it was not 'guesswork' I concluded WELL in advance this was going to be the case ;)If you don't like BP=0 simply don't use it, there is nothing wrong with that. Once you get your own GTX 480, THEN you can make an objective comment.

UsePools = 0 is a great tweak. Add that to the others and the results are spectacular! Now I can try flying a twin from KORD to C29 again.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

*******,I finally managed to find a sweet spot with the latest driver (197.45) and all your tweaks.Locked at 37 with dense AG. It's silky smooth everywhere! I fly with lots of clouds, rain, etc. Anything above dense leads to the black screen. It's not a big deal because I'm happy with a dense AG in the Orbx world. It's like running very dense everywhere else. Everywhere else, while not in the Orbx world, I can run very dense AG without any problems at all. This to me is just fabulous.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.