Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Texture flashing when Water < High 2.0

So can someone say what water texture this is???
It looks like REX textures with water set to 2.x high or max possibly.

It looks like REX textures with water set to 2.x high or max possibly.
Close, but not just that. It's REX with "Sparkling" wave animation and water set to 2.x High, PLUS FS Water Configurator with a profile i made for tropical waters. Gizmo's profile will give you something like that, but with different colors and transparency, suitable for almost any water.Bojote, sorry for the off-topic.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Has anyone actually contacted nvidia to see what they might think the cause is for the white flashes? Dunno, they may just blame it on FSX, but from a technical perspective they may know the root cause. Just curious.Bob G
It happens with ATI, Too, Bob. I'm going to play with it some more.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The white flashes (and any texture flashing) are gone for me after the latest driver - 197.45 WHQL great driver!jja
Hmm.. interesting, unfortunately, I'm not sure I can install those with the 480

I don't think I have ever experienced any water texture flashing. When I do see it, it is when the aircraft is on the ground and it's usually the runway.

Hmm.. interesting, unfortunately, I'm not sure I can install those with the 480
I don't see why you can't try it. The worst that can happen is that they will not install.I've been delighted with these drivers and your tweaks since I installed them when they were released. No problems! Nada!I've learned to back up and restore. Just in case you have any problems, I would just advice that you at least back up your main drive.I've lived and learned.Still waiting for my gtx 480. I hope the driver works for you.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Guest 413X3
Close, but not just that. It's REX with "Sparkling" wave animation and water set to 2.x High, PLUS FS Water Configurator with a profile i made for tropical waters. Gizmo's profile will give you something like that, but with different colors and transparency, suitable for almost any water.Bojote, sorry for the off-topic.
Can you tell me how I can configure this? I have REX install its textures every time I change continents so I assume I'd also have to re-run fs water config as well?

*******, why don't you try the setting high flyer club from REX2? I think, apart for reflections, which can be turned off by low 2.0 setting, it looks much better than these sparkling and wavy waters...Though, I did some tests yesterday, flashing reappeared with ANYTHING else than high 2.0. Which is also a bit annoying, but I'm living with it for now. Previously I was never able to get rid of it, no matter what setting. Only when I set high 2.0, was it not flashing. Also when autogen turned off, it does not flash.

*******, why don't you try the setting high flyer club from REX2? I think, apart for reflections, which can be turned off by low 2.0 setting, it looks much better than these sparkling and wavy waters...Though, I did some tests yesterday, flashing reappeared with ANYTHING else than high 2.0. Which is also a bit annoying, but I'm living with it for now. Previously I was never able to get rid of it, no matter what setting. Only when I set high 2.0, was it not flashing. Also when autogen turned off, it does not flash.
Well guys, I think Word Not Allowed nailed it. Finally one I like! so I'm staying with High 2.0.. Thank you sir!

Well guys, I think Word Not Allowed nailed it. Finally one I like! so I'm staying with High 2.0.. Thank you sir!
Hm, I think I will give that one a try too. I always kinda liked the reflections, but it's even nicer to have realism...! So choosing the option High flyer club in REX does the trick....? No need to use FSWC...?BTW I just read a topic here where another method is used to get realistic water, but that one involves FEX. (Search for 'Natural Wonder' and you'll see the relevant post.) I wonder which solution is best...

I have FEX and love the clouds. I have REX and love the water themes. I also have the freeware FS Water Configurator. Let me just say thanks to Paul for this great gift.Right now I just have my favorite clouds and water. I have NOT made any changes since BP=0. Water at High 2 and no flashes.I do notice mountain, tree, or car shadows that flicker. A high water reflection causes this issue. In the past, I've been able to eliminate shimmering water with the water configurator. I'm going to start playing around again with my water setting, just to see the results.BTW I just noticed a new version of FEX. It would be nice if they would have notified me via e-mail.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

This BP=0 tweak never worked for me, white flashes, black spikes all over the place.. and I had pretty decent performance anyway. I had to miss this bit of information about setting Water on High 2.. I always had Water on Low 2x, since I flew mainly big birds and I rarely saw water from up close (now I own A2A Piper, Cerenado Mooney,.. I felt in love with VFR). Anyway.. this simple change got rid of all the flashes and spikes. I'm using BP=0, HighMemfix, AffinityMask=14, and stalebuffer something something (not at home at the moment). No external FPS limiter, internally locked @30. Oh, and yes, Win7 64bit... but driver 182.50 ;).. Most sliders on the right.. AG Very Dense, no cars and boats, NHancer (AA 4x, AF 16x). I flew for several hours, not a single flash.