Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lrusso

[FSX] Wind Questions

Guest Lrusso

Hey,I'm using FSX, FSpassengers, and real world weather. I'm getting crashes due to overspeed (Fspassengers penalty is off so its not that) I'll get 180 degree windshifts and be at 400+ IAS and obviously the aircraft disintegrates. I had a friends copy of ActiveSky and this was far to much of an FPS hit for me.I'm considering buying FSUPIC but I am wondering how well this does the job. I don't care if the weather's perfect I just don't the aircraft to be destroyed.Also if I use Real World Weather instead of Real World Weather (15 minute update) will this fix the problem?Thanks

I'm considering buying FSUPIC but I am wondering how well this does the job. I don't care if the weather's perfect I just don't the aircraft to be destroyed.
Extremely well. FSUIPC is an 'essential' add-on to any simmer, wind control is just one of MANY features/enhaments.. particularly, I use it for controller assignments and mouse macros as well. You can't go wrong.

Yup, get yourself a registered version of FSUIPC. Although there is a freebie version of FSUIPC, so it might seem a bit much to buy a copy of it, it is well worth doing so, as it solves that wind update problem (and many other issues) and will vastly improve how you can customise what FS does. I would say that having a registered copy of FSUIPC is something any serious simmer should go for.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here