Sign in to follow this  
Guest Longyear

My take on Bojote's tweaks

Correct, remember that the scenery LOD its a 'ring' around your A/C a LOD of 3.5 will 'batch' everything in that radius, while also decreasing the number of objects to load... anyway, the ground will be so covered with autogen (on final approach for example) that you won't notice any blurries. and if you are flying HIGH and FAST the FFTF will definitely help you! so in either case, it seems LOD 3.5 to be a very good compromise between looks and stability (when using BP=0)there is people using LOD of 6.5, 7.5 fine... but, with BP=0? forget it... it will simply not work.
Does the 3.5 radius help offset the performance impact of saturating the autogen?

Does the 3.5 radius help offset the performance impact of saturating the autogen?
it does, yes.. the autogen 'density' increases or decreases in proportion to the LOD radius. so, if you lower your LOD, then you can increase AG, and the other way around too, like Word Not Allowed. if you LOWER AG, then you'll probably able to use high LOD settings with no problem.

I want to also thank you *******. I set up FSX the way you said and it is working amazingly better and so far, I haven't had any CTDs during longer flights.Your tweaks have made FSX so much more enjoyable for me.Bob

To the OP - *******'s original recommendation to not use nHancer has more to do with not putting extra strain on the video card than anything else. By all means you can try the usual settings with BP=0, but the point is that it takes away from the available GPU power you have to accept data from FS through the CPU. BP=0 stops the engine from limiting what the CPU sends to the GPU and if you're running very high AA levels like 8XSQ, you're essentially setting the card's baseline for processing those calls to a lower level that what it's actually capable of, because it's using up power to do the AA. If you get a super powerful card like the GTX480, you can run all that stuff no problem without worrying about stability according to what ******* has seen in his testing.
Hey Ryan,Do you really have to run nHancer to set the AA and AF to what the OP wants? At least with the latest driver, it seems to me that these settings can be made directly in the NVIDIA control panel. Or is there some difference in doing it using nHancer?I would be interested in your recommendations for NVIDIA control panel 3D settings when using Bojote's tweaks for those of us without a super powerful card. For example, I have an 8800GT. Do you recommend just sticking with the NVIDIA defaults?Don S.

Hey Ryan,Do you really have to run nHancer to set the AA and AF to what the OP wants? At least with the latest driver, it seems to me that these settings can be made directly in the NVIDIA control panel. Or is there some difference in doing it using nHancer?I would be interested in your recommendations for NVIDIA control panel 3D settings when using Bojote's tweaks for those of us without a super powerful card. For example, I have an 8800GT. Do you recommend just sticking with the NVIDIA defaults?Don S.
Don,nHancer lets you set some AA modes that aren't accessible through the driver control panel (the famous 8xS being the one most talked about). It's what Nvidia calls a "combined" AA mode because it has both a supersampling and a multisampling component to it. Supersampling is a very high quality AA method that involves the card rendering frames internally at a higher resolution than what's actually being displayed and using those higher resolution internal images as the "map" by which to create the AA pattern. You massively increase the amount of work the card has to do if you use anything but the lower end of the supersampling settings. What 8xS mode does is a 1x2 supersampling pattern (so it renders just the vertical componet of the screen resolution internally at twice what's displayed) and then combines that with normal 4X multisample AA. Multisample AA is nowhere near as big a hit on the GPU, most modern cards can do very high levels of it with little to no performance hit, even in new games. The downside to multisample AA is that it only AAs the edges of polygons - it can't touch things like alpha-test textures (trees, power pylons and such in FSX) or the actual lines within textures themselves. Supersampling does AA these items because it's inherently a full-scene AA method and not just the polygon edges. 8xS works so well because it's very effective at eliminating that shimmer while not being as extreme a performance killer as full blown supersampling in both dimensions of the screen resolution is.So that's why I'm saying that nHancer is still useful - if you want the shimmering in the alpha test objects and textures gone, then you have to use some kind of supersampling mode as a componet of the AA. The normal Nvidia control panel won't let you set those modes, they're hidden.What screen resolution are you running on your 8800GT? Depending on how high it is, you might try 8xS anyway, even though it is an older card at this point. I'm pretty sure I used 8xS on my 8800GT at 1280X1024. When I got my 24" LCD at 1920X1200 though, it became too much and got very slow, had to upgrade video cards at that point.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Don,nHancer lets you set some AA modes that aren't accessible through the driver control panel (the famous 8xS being the one most talked about). It's what Nvidia calls a "combined" AA mode because it has both a supersampling and a multisampling component to it. Supersampling is a very high quality AA method that involves the card rendering frames internally at a higher resolution than what's actually being displayed and using those higher resolution internal images as the "map" by which to create the AA pattern. You massively increase the amount of work the card has to do if you use anything but the lower end of the supersampling settings. What 8xS mode does is a 1x2 supersampling pattern (so it renders just the vertical componet of the screen resolution internally at twice what's displayed) and then combines that with normal 4X multisample AA. Multisample AA is nowhere near as big a hit on the GPU, most modern cards can do very high levels of it with little to no performance hit, even in new games. The downside to multisample AA is that it only AAs the edges of polygons - it can't touch things like alpha-test textures (trees, power pylons and such in FSX) or the actual lines within textures themselves. Supersampling does AA these items because it's inherently a full-scene AA method and not just the polygon edges. 8xS works so well because it's very effective at eliminating that shimmer while not being as extreme a performance killer as full blown supersampling in both dimensions of the screen resolution is.So that's why I'm saying that nHancer is still useful - if you want the shimmering in the alpha test objects and textures gone, then you have to use some kind of supersampling mode as a componet of the AA. The normal Nvidia control panel won't let you set those modes, they're hidden.What screen resolution are you running on your 8800GT? Depending on how high it is, you might try 8xS anyway, even though it is an older card at this point. I'm pretty sure I used 8xS on my 8800GT at 1280X1024. When I got my 24" LCD at 1920X1200 though, it became too much and got very slow, had to upgrade video cards at that point.
Oh Ryan, thank you for your explanation. I somehow knew all of this, purely through the experience, but had no expertise to put it into words. It's exactly what you said, the lines themselves in the textures are being AAed by Supersampling, and not my normal Multisampling, and that was something that has been bothering me for the past couple of years, especially on ATI cards. Since I got my first Nvidia and Nhancer, I have been in the graphical bliss!

Correct, remember that the scenery LOD its a 'ring' around your A/C a LOD of 3.5 will 'batch' everything in that radius, while also decreasing the number of objects to load...
Hello *******,thanks for your very interesting discoveries - it's hardcore tweakers heaven :( ! Regarding the [TERRAIN] LOD_RADIUS - i am pretty sure that this value only affects the terrain texture detail draw distance, not the agn batch distance. That's why you get much nicer terrain further out with higher levels. No doubt, it requires hardware muscles to set it above the default 4.5 (i use 8 for screen shots and 6.5 for the joy flights). Or maybe i misunderstood 'batch everything' ?

I just tested every payware aircraft (PMDG 747/MD11, CS C130/727/757/767, Concorde-X, Maddog 2008, and Feelthere E-jets) I have at KLAX with heavy clouds/fog at night with GEX, REX, UTX+night lighting, and UT2 @ 75% airliner, and my fps never dropped below 20 fps while taxiing around the airport. In the air it jumps to 30 fps. Thank you ******* for making FSX run so well.Here is my fsx.cfg:[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=12[bUFFERPOOLS]UsePools=0RejectThreshold=102400PoolSize=2097152[sOUND]AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000SOUND_FADER1=0.500000SOUND_FADER2=0.500000SOUND_FADER3=0.500000SOUND_FADER4=0.500000AmbientUIMusic=FSX04SOUND=0SOUND_QUALITY=2SOUND_LOD=0UISound=1AmbientUI=1PrimaryDevice={006FE40C-4E21-413E-94E3-6EB6674C4CA0}VoiceDevice={611DB474-5FB7-4395-BE39-B34668FFAC98}[Display]ChangeTime=4.000000TransitionTime=4.000000ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoOverspeedEnable=TrueBLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=True[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.50User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscMaximized=1Location=377,23,1417,801,\\.\DISPLAY1HideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1ProcSpeed=15487PerfBucket=7SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft[PANELS]IMAGE_QUALITY=1DEFAULT_VIEW=1QUICKTIPS=0PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_STRETCHING=1UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MinVarTime=5MaxVarTime=50MinVarRampSpeed=10MaxVarRampSpeed=75TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1DynamicWeather=0DownloadWindsAloft=1DisableTurbulence=1CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=8DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8THERMAL_VISUALS=0[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275.0]Mode=1680x1050x32Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[TextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2GForce=1,3FuelPercentage=1,4[TextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2GForce=2,3FuelPercentage=2,4[slewTextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[slewTextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=0LonAccelOnHeadPitch=0RollAccelOnHeadLat=0YawAccelOnHeadLat=0RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0MaxHeadAngle=0MaxHeadOffset=0HeadMoveTimeConstant=0[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=1024SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=17SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500689SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500689TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096ForceFullScreenVSync=1ForceWindowedVSync=1NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1D3D10=0[Trusted]G:\FSX\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.wiwbzqtrtelnuccntncuwltuobcerhheoiehwkla=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.btlihqwwzrrhuhuolceikkueworkuwrtbqelhkza=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.teluenhecnteulqewrterbzuoocnquzwtoeerote=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.bheoqqlelacawhlzbzuhznuonkokwlhrehrtblbw=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.hkktqnthrnnlcaninckotnutzhruziituaaaohlc=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.koncwlutqecaenwitrkrqlkenahhetrwqnzihnqo=2G:\FSX\rexwxengine2.exe.aqwhechrenrtqkwauhqeulwziqzlewlbkwuqnnut=1G:\FSX\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe.wuttaekcwkwuwcitikqaklnrrkociebocozqibzz=1G:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.aqleqahzckrlnoulqwnnbktcelbuhaqohhkrwelz=1G:\FSX\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.ozqkohhbnqzqlihlrunbaqaknllzckqtckcoltiw=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.ubannwabbblehntqieenacqktbeazkqcbowhotih=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.uzennckzzzbhnwlqcerltizietunzleahbkeuueb=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.wzrzuakibeqzauroaacrqiwrnzkwtailhkelzhol=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.bhrwkzqhonuwctqeroneeroaunuacukiocbohnio=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.htzabbrcqekwclbuiwlrkqhlnhrbeleizeruozeq=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.riotauonoiweeeoeulzbcwhuoezrerrwzruulqzh=2G:\FSX\Modules\FSCopilot.dll.ualcqlkcekkbkaqnzbhctazctouerlultzaqatoe=1G:\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.onhklqhecbahzkolhwkhllrnnooqnzeirehoetuu=1G:\FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.ktewtzwoknizhoanuearqbirqkkctluinrcuwhue=1G:\FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.bqobozaueutcruewbziahnkbhunelaeaiwbrhhnt=1G:\FSX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.lbowabruriohirtanuonnaeulhlirhwwitaantnn=1G:\FSX\FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll.qbzciokacuucrqzlckoqcchotqrnqciochlqaeeo=1G:\FSX\Modules\LeonardoSH.dll.uuqrolenlurbunltwhkiruboukaazqozehoqzrbh=1G:\FSX\FSLabs\DLLs\FSLOptions.dll.zoihieroetabhuwkauzwuwlhlczazqutoiuuzwaz=1G:\FSX\FSLabs\DLLs\FSLEvents.dll.bikzilzbzatnkitrtbuihhrcwtnqhqblwraqteea=1G:\FSX\FSLabs\DLLs\FSLSounds.dll.ethbnklioarnurcctzbraiezecnnawhzcktzuezb=1G:\FSX\Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b757.menu.dll.qohaubnroinbucbaazruaqbczntnneokkzblehwh=1G:\FSX\Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b767.menu.dll.kzakaniuaeiikuaqcucztnknnheaibrzzhhthuai=1G:\FSX\Captain_Sim\727\Captain_Sim.p727.menu.dll.wtkeotaaibkobaocthqluewbehonlqnwrwltoien=1G:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_MD11.DLL.trizzleezwaeuwnciwlbabohnbhhcbheroihuqnw=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_MD11_ACS.DLL.ooetnqretwtekruectwunkwlwinenictrzwzlarq=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\mcrew0.GAU.hhhuctaklqurniruubailkelohuwwlcwcoqqhech=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\mcrew5.GAU.kenhqrbkaeeuzroceqlakhthoehwuruottbbiazu=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\mcrew6.GAU.ibouqbkeainbzealqwnczaecirbqnltwbrznleat=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\vcrew0.GAU.rohcozbqeruenqrznnlnrzlcakltweuioibbbnni=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\mcrew1.GAU.rolhlchcuuwawoltzzuohulowbwnkuzooazthwer=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\dcrew0.GAU.lnzhllwhikeazuezbbwrkazohbhcrienerqolalu=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\md11\mcrew13.GAU.clkoahrehrqawiizleenawuwoazcknkkhrcoekze=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\mcrew3.GAU.ltnucbnkuolzcabzhoblcabuzorthqqoqeoleinc=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\mcrew7.GAU.qarocozzaohrtrtenznuwzeobkcebuertniktire=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\mcrew8.GAU.bcerrbcnirruihbhrerwlbwhzaawwtqrratqaeoi=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\mcrew9.GAU.ictnalcnelihebwnoultuwlrclzzlckbctiilnoo=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\mcrew10.GAU.zeqwuqlnckohhzzbqulcrbczteqrhwiaelqlowai=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fs2crew\MD11\mcrew12.GAU.obclqezewhhetchrubrananbcrukcwizqukaatki=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Main.DLL.oknrlaebwbctlwhlotkqnknthiraiuzqkqazzunw=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_ACS.DLL.tkwauahoacwrwekunrhwzbzboethcqwnhkrtoqht=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Overhead.DLL.tiuhiletrrrzeerhwhawbnkeowzenzebwoietoac=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Center.DLL.lnalchiinqbcarkurilqhnhnawzrabizocncaonc=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\MADDOG2008\panel.Wide\maddog.GAU.ibqwarceionnahkkenawbwiwkarhqkwicazwlloo=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Captain_Sim.b757.sound.GAU.llunalnccqnkcbnutbuurarciwhtukatckihrlue=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200\panel\Captain_Sim.b757.adi.GAU.zwwkintlqcbaatoztkeournbkbublhcrlneznzbr=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200\panel\Captain_Sim.b757.fms.GAU.robebuqtkzuoqlwlaulrebwnbleoenqlirllroru=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200\panel\Captain_Sim.b757.eicas1.GAU.wotbtnheizautlcaehautwuabebobiunukrltbou=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200\panel\Captain_Sim.b757.eicas2.GAU.whcwoohrckeowubczbqbontalrkllakbcbziitqk=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200F\panel\Captain_Sim.freight.GAU.alaqotcbeowzikrkznwbuwzziulrrwwqcbzerhwi=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200F\panel\Captain_Sim.b757.prove.GAU.enoaelqeqbolzwltownzewncoirchnbrowwczbnw=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\FSL_ConcX.DLL.alioolkltkqnwzearuoczhkwabkinozhowkotlnk=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\../civa/CIVAC.GAU.rzzobkrzcrocbcqiecbnqlqkrrwzaoiuhczcwrzz=2G:\FSX\FS2Crew2010\Versions\MadDog\Gauges\FS2CrewMadDog.GAU.zrotncbncicornqicikobnurewqzztkuqqlakqwi=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.khrkqckbrhzahhbbnlknhlbaibnwonkhkztrcnut=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC E170\panel\EJet.GAU.aikthhqlieqlbrlbollkbtclbwtutakrrraarkau=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\FSWXR2100.GAU.hrhchchawelreohlnkeniheizcberrrwiwoieznz=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC ELineage\panel\EJet.GAU.aikthhqlieqlbrlbollkbtclbwtutakrrraarkau=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B727-100\panel\Captain_Sim.p721.sys.GAU.wqbkrrlzhoqhoeewztwrbcutqeekiwtraabrhaiz=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Captain_Sim.p727.sound.GAU.llunalnccqnkcbnutbuurarciwhtukatckihrlue=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\fa-18.DLL.nroicekczoutaoaeoeknqeqcawtltzkltukbrbnr=2C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbtrans10.dll.blrhrokwzuwniqtllclnnhhorqniccowwcrocnor=1C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbaicontrol10.dll.bwunbcibcbihotnbbnqtzloaeqrcleeekkcuoqck=1C:\Program Files (x86)\SquawkBox\sbmod10.dll.uerbzqlzcrtnaqtoqiwohthtbkclollknahekire=1G:\FSX\GAUGES\EH101.DLL.kathnzktathbquebthukliaebonrlneuhlwlnhzl=2G:\FSX\GAUGES\Captain_Sim.b767.sound.GAU.llunalnccqnkcbnutbuurarciwhtukatckihrlue=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B767-300\panel\Captain_Sim.b767.adi.GAU.qinkbolbcaukztbrwniblkuznqikraebqnizbzlh=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B767-300\panel\Captain_Sim.b767.fms.GAU.heqzueateakiwtnzilnwcuurrwtzwzwbecnzlwnn=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B767-300\panel\Captain_Sim.b767.eicas1.GAU.kqauotabklhbwobrwcehwlqkhokaznuneeahlhih=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B767-300\panel\Captain_Sim.b767.eicas2.GAU.uccetlorchkwzknoeqircqautakroloqcturokrc=2G:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B767-300\panel\Captain_Sim.b767.300.GAU.zeubotiebzzuaoeihlilikrnwihcencblqtoiqqt=2[uSERINTERFACE]PageID=1OpenATCOnCreate=0SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIMMap_Orientation=2ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1SelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=AllSelectAircraftType=AllDisplayFuelAsWeight=1[ATC]ShowATCText=1COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BCOMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1UsePilotVoice=1PilotVoice=0[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[sCENERY]LENSFLARE=0DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=4[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=0GADensity=0FreewayDensity=0ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0LeisureBoatsDensity=0IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=1[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=22TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=6[AContain]ShowLabels=0ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelHeading=0LabelDelay=1000LabelColor=FFFF0000[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=1MEASURE=0[REALISM]PFactor=1.000000Torque=1.000000GyroEffect=1.000000CrashTolerance=1.000000General=1.000000UnlimitedFuel=FalseTrueAirspeed=FalseAutoCoord=FalseRealMixture=TrueStressDamage=FalseGEffect=FalseManualLights=TrueGyroDrift=FalseCrashWithDyn=FalseCrashDetection=FalseAutoTrim=FalseAllowEngineDamage=False[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[sTARTUP]DEMO=0SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=LoadWindow=1[FACILITIES]COUNTRY=STATE=CITY=GTL_BUTTON=1232STATE=CITY=GTL_BUTTON=4096[Misc]Com_Rate=7[AccelerationPack]ControlsFirstRun=0HomePageFirstRun=0[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1[FlightPlanMap]LineWidth=2SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1show_waypoints=1show_airways=1show_markers=1show_volume_boundaries=1show_ac_twr=1[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0VoiceVolume=1.000000

Guest Player2
I just tested every payware aircraft (PMDG 747/MD11, CS C130/727/757/767, Concorde-X, Maddog 2008, and Feelthere E-jets) I have at KLAX with heavy clouds/fog at night with GEX, REX, UTX+night lighting, and UT2 @ 75% airliner, and my fps never dropped below 20 fps while taxiing around the airport. In the air it jumps to 30 fps. Thank you ******* for making FSX run so well.
Hi,What size is your screen, settings etc?

Hi,What size is your screen, settings etc?
ACER 22" @ 1680x1050x324x multisampling AA8x anisotropic filteringYou can see my FSX scenery, water, etc. settings by looking at my fsx.cfg I posted.

About using a low LOD and autogen covering the textures: that's only true in very specific situations imho: I only fly low and slow in PNW right now and flying through valleys doesn't look pretty with a low LOD because obviously not everything is covered with autogen. The same goes for open fields. For almost everything actually, apart from very dense forests. Maybe some people are more bothered by this than others, but I always immediately see lower res textures, no matter how much autogen there is on top of it. And there aren't many places where autogen covers everything. Still, I use 4.5 because a larger LOD is heavier on the system and gives me more blurries after flying for a while... It's always about compromises and finding the right balance... :(

Guys, what essential items from Bojote's tweaks (if any) can be reasonablly guessed/used for my current hardware:C2 E8600@4Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 9800GTX+ (512Mb) on WinXPSP3, 1680x1050 res, ingame AA on, scenery high, autogen normal, nHancer's AA to application, AFx8? I repeat it is only a 2-core processor. I normally fly commercial airliners in reasonable gfx/ase environment and reasonable FPS on final are critical.Thanks,Dirk.

Guys, what essential items from Bojote's tweaks (if any) can be reasonablly guessed/used for my current hardware:C2 E8600@4Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 9800GTX+ (512Mb) on WinXPSP3, 1680x1050 res, ingame AA on, scenery high, autogen normal, nHancer's AA to application, AFx8? I repeat it is only a 2-core processor. I normally fly commercial airliners in reasonable gfx/ase environment and reasonable FPS on final are critical.Thanks,Dirk.
Well, you can run BP=0 definitely. But gotta be VERY careful with this 9800GTX+. Meaning your IQ has to be relatively low, no Nhancer, no 8xS, scenery/AG is ok as it is. Since it's two core, then I suggest trying FFTF=0,33 and TextureMaxLoad=6 or 3, depends how it's going. I think 9 or more is too much for you sys.Probably no flying in VC on final... I can barely manage that, albeit with high IQ.

Guest Zorg_DK

I wonder if it would be possible to have the LOD radius affect only the terrain mesh and not autogen. That would be very nice since the terrain mesh looks so much better with LOD at 7.5 -8.5..

Don,What screen resolution are you running on your 8800GT? Depending on how high it is, you might try 8xS anyway, even though it is an older card at this point. I'm pretty sure I used 8xS on my 8800GT at 1280X1024. When I got my 24" LCD at 1920X1200 though, it became too much and got very slow, had to upgrade video cards at that point.
Thanks for the explanation Ryan. I had thought that 8xQ plus supersampling might be the same as 8xS, but after reading your explantation, that does not appear to be the case. 8xQ plsu supersampling would be much more work for the card, right?I have a widescreen 24 inch LCD display, and my resolution is set to 1920x1080x32.Don