Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

BP=0 since 2007?

Hi,I noticed people were using the BP=0 (and others like SmallPartRejectRadius and RejectThreshold) tweak since 2007. Why only now it shows up here?See this french forum link. The thread is called "D

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

The BP=0 Tweak was out there for a long time (though not everyone knew about it).Bojote is not the discoverer of it, I thought that was known.His crazy work is all the really detailed explanations of what it actually does exactly and not to mention the other things not concerning BP=0.

The BP=0 Tweak was out there for a long time (though not everyone knew about it).Bojote is not the discoverer of it, I thought that was known.His crazy work is all the really detailed explanations of what it actually does exactly and not to mention the other things not concerning BP=0.
in fact, those who closely followed the monster BP=0 thread probably remember that I also made a reference to the above URL.Some German sites also have info dating from 2008, so it seems europeans were the 'discoverers' (French to be exact) I

Hi *******,I guess if it wasn't for you, we were not using this tweak now. So i'm glad you brought it up here.But at the speed info travels nowadays, i'm just amazed why it took so long for us to see the benefits of it, if the french were using it since 2007.Regards.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi *******,I guess if it wasn't for you, we were not using this tweak now. So i'm glad you brought it up here.But at the speed info travels nowadays, i'm just amazed why it took so long for us to see the benefits of it, if the french were using it since 2007.Regards.
I think the main reason is that we all get so wrapped in the current tweak of the week that some of them get lost in the shuffle, to be resurrected somewhere down the line as "new" discoveries. And there are a large number of people to whon these tweaks WILL be "new". What's interesting is to see how the same conclusions were drawn from "old" tweak to "new" tweak in many cases.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

What ******* and the people who tested this tweak have done here though is discovered what is required to make the BP=0 tweak stable. Yes, it may have been known in the past, but it has now been further tested, verified, and better understood.

Guest Player2
BP=0 tweak stable
I agree with much of what you are saying but IMO after a lot of my own testing and after reading countless forum post on the subject on most every FS site "BP=0" and "Stable" can only be considered very very loosely in the same sentence.

What ******* and the people who tested this tweak have done here though is discovered what is required to make the BP=0 tweak stable. Yes, it may have been known in the past, but it has now been further tested, verified, and better understood.
And which is very important for the BP=0 tweak, hardware, especially GPUs have caught up, so they can chunk down what CPU is sending them, on a big scale. 2007 that wasn't possible, not in FSX at least.

Guys if you don't care I am locking this pointless thread.Thx!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.