Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Magnetic variation updates for FS9 and FSX!

I'm not sure how I never knew about this, but someone created new magdec.bgl files for both FS9 and FSX that update both sims to the latest real world variation data. If you've ever wondered why the extended runway centerline on the ND doesn't line up with the waypoints of the approach - this is the reason. Both sims have old magnetic variation data while the positions of waypoints in the navdata are calculated using the current variation data.Download it here at the upper left and read the instructions - I'm using the 2010 files now for both sims and the stuff on the ND is way closer to how it should be now.http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.htmlKudos to whoever did this!

• Upvote 6

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

thanks for this!

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Thanks for the link! I was just wondering if there was something like this the other day.Cheers,Rudy

I didn't know this existed, either. Thanks for posting this, Ryan.

Can you pin this topic so everyone can eventually see it and maybe get a chance to download it?

Can you pin this topic so everyone can eventually see it and maybe get a chance to download it?
Done!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Done!
That was sick how fast you replied. That's PMDG support service for ya! :)

That's most probably done by Herve Sors himself, I remember flying some Fokker 100 for FS2000 with his FDE, it flew like a dream back then, nice to see he's still around...

Thanks Ryan. Always hated how the center line was completely off the fixes.

Eric 

Thanks Ryan and everyone else involved in this update. Another increase in accuracy for our hobby.

I could not find the instructions for where to place the new file. Does the file go into the scenery/base/scenery and replace the magdec.bgl file?thanks, William Lutterodt

I could not find the instructions for where to place the new file. Does the file go into the scenery/base/scenery and replace the magdec.bgl file?thanks, William Lutterodt
Yes, but back up your old one first, in case things go sideways on you