Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

Wow that definetly good gold there! Might buy it if the price isn't too high, but I'll probably pass since i'm a modern maniac xDKeep it up PM'

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Surely looks both really good inside an out as well I'm sure it would be fun to learn the ends & outs but I think I'm going to pass. I too am more a "modern maniac" and just wouldn't feel right to me flying this in the way I like to sim. Hope it's a huge success but I kinda thought PMDG was not impressed or thrilled from the sounds of past comments I've seen with the MD-11 sales for the fact the community considered that plane "old" and figure myself PMDG would try to stay modern.I had fingers crossed it was going to be a Gulfstream V, now I just hope these classics want slow development of T7.

Edited by VLJ510

Awww man, I managed to resist the NGX and stay with FS9, but this looks too good to be true. I see an over-clocked i5 in my future, and a DC-6 and probably a StratoCruiser. Into the future to enjoy the past, so to speak.Nice one, PMDG! :Applause:Cheers, Chris Dedit - and where's my bloody Woodpigeon?

Edited by sluggy

OhhMyF***Lol, I've got that exact P&W hat stashed away with the old Twin Otter and Borek hat collection...Will have to start sporting it more often!

Edited by Houghton11

Looks great....I know it's a DC-4 that Buffalo Airways use in Ice Pilots but this is going to be close enough for some "challenging" re-enactments :( . Definitely one that would benefit from the visual icing feature from the JS41?

love it...will buy it...will buy more vintage props from pmdg without a doughtTalking of Buffalo airways, Why not have a bash at the Lockheed L-188 Electra after this?This sure fills a gap in my hanger for top quality prop freighters to fly into my Orbx Northern region airports with is a great idea!Sub zero start ups with this baby will be awesome to master, plus external freezing and I guess even cockpit internal glass misting and freezing would be cool.bring on the Ice pilot routes! and more from their prop fleet, this would be of interest to us guys who have been following the series for sure.Actually you could send Henning up there to "chill out" in the sub zero conditions whilst studying their hard working fleet lol

Rgds, Shaun

Wow, I knew there was gonna be a secret project, but I didn't expect a classic at all! To be honest I was hoping for an A320, but yeah perhaps that's project nr. 2, and I can understand that you will only tell this to us until your certainly sure that it will make it to completion. Although I prefer the modern jets like 737, 747, 777 and MD-11, this is also truly awesome! This thing would look very nice in a Buffalo Airways paint! Flying in Northern Canada and Alaska... Very nice job and looking forward to it. I can hear my money inside your pockets already! blum.gif

Fantastic ! I've hoped you'd do a classic for a long time, but never actually thought it was a realistic possibility. Count me in.For those talking about Buffalo 're-enactments' - don't Everts still fly these in Alaska ?

Though I'm a jet pilot, this classic looks Great.I'm sure I will love it !!!

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

I know that everything in this airplane that can be simulated, will be simulated. BUT - does the DC6 have an autopilot at all? Perhaps I'm blind but I can't see anything on the pictures related to an autopilot? No, I won't be flying on autopilot only as 99% of my landings are manual in any airplane.

Robert, that is splendid news, an absolute gem of a surprise. Certainly one that will join the NGX in my hanger. However, like Arthur, I can't help feeling just a tad disappointed that your first classic was not a DC3. There seems to be such an opportunity for a developer to produce this aircraft that so many guys are yearning for! So, thanks for the fantastic offering, but any chance of a DC3 as a future project Robert?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Fantastic ! I've hoped you'd do a classic for a long time, but never actually thought it was a realistic possibility. Count me in.For those talking about Buffalo 're-enactments' - don't Everts still fly these in Alaska ?
yep, Everts air cargo has one.Gotta luv their C46 as well, PMDG have got lots of types to go at in this vintage freight/pax market...

Rgds, Shaun

Fantastic news! Arjen - I think the autopilot is that big knob thingy in the middle of the top of the pedestal, that lets you adjust current pitch and bank. That's all you need, really. It also says gyro control and altitude control on the middle front side of the Pedestal. Not sure though, older autopilot function names seem to vary a lot.I'm SO GLAD you've added transponder and GPS, so that we can fly this classic in a modern airspace environment, It makes it a lot easier to manage vatsim and ivao flights I think.Will you make RXP GNS430 integration easy for us by making it a clickable option? I suck at panel editing, so I'm crossing fingers and toes for that....

Edited by 747-fan

Just amazing, you can count on me to buy this beauty :Hypnotized:However, it's too bad that it will not reach the A2A level, I love when my 400 hours Merlin take a full battery to start.