Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to easily remove the Saitek yoke handle and replace it with a custom one. I was thinking of creating an Embraer style yoke handle and maybe mounting it on the saitek. It seems like its just a plastic handle attached to a piece of metal? How hard do you think it would be to remove it without damaging the aileron/elevator functionality?Thanks!Jason

Having opened a Saitek yoke many times, I would say replacing it with a custom one would be hell of a job. I never opened the yoke itself on the shaft, only the casing.

Having opened a Saitek yoke many times, I would say replacing it with a custom one would be hell of a job. I never opened the yoke itself on the shaft, only the casing.
i opened the physical yoke to seal it off internally before I painted and I can tell you it is a pain in the &@($*. Once you get the screws off the yoke itself the way they have wired and glued it means it is very difficult to even separate the front and back of the yoke without pulling wires apart. Not sure what the wires control in addition to buttons and if potentially cutting or ripping them would turn it into a boat anchor...I separated it about an inch, sealed it then closed it back up...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

i opened the physical yoke to seal it off internally before I painted and I can tell you it is a pain in the &@($*. Once you get the screws off the yoke itself the way they have wired and glued it means it is very difficult to even separate the front and back of the yoke without pulling wires apart. Not sure what the wires control in addition to buttons and if potentially cutting or ripping them would turn it into a boat anchor...I separated it about an inch, sealed it then closed it back up...
Yeah, doesn't seem like a job I want to do. Probably better off buying a different yoke.Thanks