Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Tweaking Trim control sensitivity

The buttons I had assigned to Pitch Trim on my CH Yoke moved the trim by 5 degrees every time.The keyboard assignment only 1 degree..In the standard.xml file, I removed the Repeat lines for the trim and now the buttonsonly move 1 degree per click (but do not repeat when held down).. a trade-off,but 5 degrees was too much for my liking..<Entry> <Index>10</Index> <Down> <EventName>FlightControls.PitchTrimDownIncrement</EventName> </Down> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>11</Index> <Down> <EventName>FlightControls.PitchTrimUpIncrement</EventName> </Down> </Entry>

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Bert you are da man!I was about to make a new post, as I was really struggling with my pitch trim I had assigned to my joystick , with the Stearman, to see if others were experiencing the same, and the quick search pulled up this post you had made.I can certainly live with the tradeoff of it being non repeating as well, to have more of a fine tuning on my elevator trim axis. I had already adjusted the null zones in that file, and was not sure what could be done about the trim.Thanks,

thanks for posting! I wasn't quite sure (as I'm not that computer literate) how much trim I was putting in...this explains it.

For anyone who would like to retain the repeating, but finds the rate of change too fast (like me), you can just use smaller values for the REPEAT entries. I have currently halved the default value of 32 to 16, which is already a lot better. I will probably reduce this further.

For anyone who would like to retain the repeating, but finds the rate of change too fast (like me), you can just use smaller values for the REPEAT entries. I have currently halved the default value of 32 to 16, which is already a lot better. I will probably reduce this further.
Thanks for that, another good tidbit of information.

Thanks for that, another good tidbit of information.
You gotta love this site. Right after I wrote the above post, I stumbled into a thread where somebody said it was his ONLY problem with Flight that trimming was difficult. And before I could point him to this thread, someone else did.

Oh man, that is so much better, just took the Stearman up on a free flight- I can finally trim it for perfect level flight. I just went with removing the repeating lines for now, it is easy enough for me to keep pressing the hat3 switch on my Cougar.

Thanks goodness I'm not the only one looking for this... and other fixes!Thanks all!

... and other fixes!
What other fixes? The one where you would like the default cockpit view looking slightly down, so you can see more of the panel? :lol:...which can be done by writing
InitialPbh=9.0, 0, 0
below the section
[CameraDefinition.002]
Title = $Cockpit
in the Cameras.cfg?(AppDataRoamingMicrosoftFlight)The value 9.0 is how many degrees down you will be looking.Tell me more... ^_^

Outstanding tip. Thanks for this. I no longer porpoise around in the sky :Loser:

Worked great for me, I removed the repeat lines for the pitch trim, and increased my null zone for my x, y, and rz axis to .200000Very smooth now, so much better.

I have to notice that just day ago people liked "the fact" that nothing have to be tweaked in flight!. Now this topic is surprise for me. really... btw I like to tweak everything I can.

If we could map the Rudder trim, it would be even better.(It has been ponted out to the Devs, so let´s hope they implement it.)