Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

Well, for the first time I'm actually now running my system without the FS limiter set to Unlimited!

After much testing I find to my surprise that FSPS FA does work quite well on my system. With my normal setup, the test I use at EGLL (UK2000 Extreme Heathrow with stormy weather) gives 18-35 fps depending on where I look. i have the aircraft panning around 360 degrees and check the graph in JAB_FPSx’s display. That’s with FS’s limiter to to Unlimited, traffic (from MytrafficX) at 45% and Autogen at 3.

All these frame rates are after things have settled down a bit. When first going to EGLL and panning around the frame rates are always really bad – it is pulling in all the buildings and parking all the AI. It all settles down in a minute or so.

With FS’s limiter set to 58 (chosen for the projector refresh rate and an overhead – don’t ask, I read it somewhere;-)  ), and a low setting of 28 in FA, I get frame rates 16-30 in the same test. Lower, certainly, but smoother!  Ignore the actual frame rate number and it looks better.

So i tried upping the Traffic from 45 to 60 and the Autogen from 3 to 4 ...

... same, still get 16-30 and still smooth.

Did a taxi test all the way down the northern East-West taxiway, passing all those AI at Terminal 1 and arriving at Terminal 5A. Frame rates low at start gradually increasing as more of the airport was behind me, but smooth. Even looking at the ground to the immediate left or right it appeared smoother – always before that’s been very jerky looking.

No need for me to test elsewhere -- if it makes me happy in my EGLL test it'll be fine everywhere else.

So, I purchased it. Well done FSPS!

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

If you have your LOD_Radius and Texture_Max_Load tweaked like I have (LOD is at 6.5 and TML is HD 2048), the program will reduce the LOD to 4.5 and TML will be increased to HD 4096 (I have found 4096 creates more blurring as it is harder to create the textures in certain circumstances). So, in my case this causes blurring. These were the only changes I saw. I like my FSX at LOD 6.5 as I use photoscenery exclusively. Although I purchased the product, I will probably not use it until the program can leave my LOD/TML alone.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I don't think Fiber accelerator made those changes, the only entry that may change is the limited frame rate changing to unlimited if you close FS before Fiber Accelerator. I use default 1024 and 5.5 LOD and they are still at that level after two days of extensive usage and many restarts of the sim. Your problem is coming from somewhere else I think.

Cheers, Andy.

I don't think Fiber accelerator made those changes, the only entry that may change is the limited frame rate changing to unlimited if you close FS before Fiber Accelerator. I use default 1024 and 5.5 LOD and they are still at that level after two days of extensive usage and many restarts of the sim. Your problem is coming from somewhere else I think.

Hi,

You need to bear in mind, that FA makes no 'written' changes to your fsx.cfg .. :mellow:

Everything it does, is done in real time, .. and it may well be adjusting LOD radius 'on the fly'. However, it's obvious that it is adjusting FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION in real time, .. and whilst I haven't experimented with that variable extensively, .. I understand that setting it incorrectly can cause some blurries/loss of detail.  :mellow:

Cheers

Tom

Several times it has been said to not use the refeshrate in NVI.

You can use Forced on or off and see what's best for you.

Thanks for the heads up. BTW, If I had the time and given the choice

I would read the NGX manual before reading every port in this or any other

Thread over about 50 or 60 posts:lol:

Only thing with turning of NVI 1/2 refresh rate is that I am sure I will get horrible screen tearing

and a few extra FPS won't make up for that!

You can't break your display by sending it different refresh rates (above or below the display's rate). If you're sending it 100fps from the GPU, and your display is 60Hz, it will take 60 frames out of the 100 every second and ignore 40 frames.

That's not what I was warning about at all. In the Nvidia control Panel under Display, Resolution, You will see a drop down list entitled Refresh rate. This dropdown list shows all of the refresh rates at a given resolution that your monitor reports as being supported. Typically with Computer monitors I believe it is 60hz only. However, if you click on the Customize button you may be able to create customized resolution and refresh rate at which point the control panel will warn you that you might blow up your monitor if you proceed. That I what I was warning about.

Let leave it at the because its of topic:-)

Thanks for the heads up. BTW, If I had the time and given the choice

I would read the NGX manual before reading every port in this or any other

Thread over about 50 or 60 posts:lol:

Only thing with turning of NVI 1/2 refresh rate is that I am sure I will get horrible screen tearing

and a few extra FPS won't make up for that!

So before the 1/2 refreshrate your FSX was one wide tearing image ?....

But seriously, you could try instead of thinking that it will give you horrible screen rearing.

And you can try with Force on....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Well that was a waste of time.

I downloaded, installed and ran the demo, which told me I needed to select a non-unlimited FPS target in FSX. So I did. And ran it again (because each time it told me this, it quit), And again it told me the same thing. So I double checked. And it did it again - and quit. This happened whether FSX was running or not. On the last attempt, it wouldn't let me continue the evaluation. I guess I'd used up all my "sessions", without ever seeing it do anything. Some evaluation.

I've uninstalled it.

No sale.

You just need :

FSX SP2 or Acceleration Pack

FSUIPC

and

Microsoft .net 3.5 SP1 (Exactly that, not 3 not 4)

If you have these, then maybe a too high UAC issue... ?

Just a question, in my case, i have many Microsoft .net versions, including the 3.5 SP1 Do I need to uninstall the others versions???

Just a question, in my case, i have many Microsoft .net versions, including the 3.5 SP1 Do I need to uninstall the others versions???

No need to ever install any .net version. They all play together (and do different things). Any type of .net uninstall will undoubtedly cause something else to not work.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Tried it, loved it, bought it. Great performance out of my PMDG 777 out of London, Dubai, New York, Atlanta, LA. Says its doing 25 FPS but it certainly seems smoother that that. 

Even JFK at night is managable with between 15 and 18 frames and my NYC is designed to bring any machine to it's knees. (2 different light systems, Manhattan X, FSDT JFK, Imagine Sim KLGA etc, etc).

Dynamic graphic settings. Great idea. Very nicely done.

Jim Atkins

Just tried.

Does what is says on the tin, there is no way I could do the vancouver (3.0+) cyse fly under a heavy storm at 16 fps I just did with my setup without the software tweaking on the fly LOD and Fiber.

Wont buy though, I HATE blurries and the solution applied leads to blurries.

I hope a future version will give more flexibility. Rather than "aiming for a fps at all cost" more like "tell me what I can reduce if fps goes under a certain threashold". 

Then I would agree to have my lod progressively reduced from 5.5 to 2.5 on the fly as it is done as long as it is needed and get some fps back. Also to have 1x1, then 2x2 then 4x4 "dots" not printed etc..But I would not allow for Fiber ajustment, I just HATE blurries.

The idea is very good, the soft works, please give flexibility to the users and you will have a buyer.

Etienne

I have .Net 4.5.1 installed, but I've read it's mandatory .NET 3.5.1 for properly working.

Can you provide a official link to download 3.5.1? or does FA automaticallu download the package?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Can you provide a official link to download 3.5.1?

There's a link in the AVSIM CTD Guide located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots plus a verification tool to make sure it is installed properly.

Best Regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I was already getting decent performance on my machine which is pretty fast.  Installed the demo and tried a few flights, did not notice any improvement, in one case it went down.  Note:  My fsx.cfg was hand tweaked for perfomance.   Anyway, I uninstalled it.

My specs:

Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.2Ghz

GeForce GTX 780i 4GB

MSI Z87 M/B

Corsair H60 Water Cooler

32 GB of G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3-1866

Samsung 840 EVO 250 gig  SSD     (FSX is on here)

Perhaps it only works on low end machines

Tested the demo, on my beefy computer with hand tweaked fsx i did not like it, but sure I did see some fps improvement in situations, but that improvement was on the account of increased blurries, and that's not good. 

I'm sure such dynamic tweaking can be great for those who want simple option for smooth fps without much worry of the scenery, but personally i'll just set my tweaks myself to get smooth fps thank you.

But kudos for the demo, nice gesture and helped me to decide.