Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

XPlane Development Status Thread [Updated 12SEP14]

Clean it up.

Other developer intentions are not going to change the current schedule of PMDG aircraft going into the sim, as this thread has announced in Post #1. If there is a change, then there will be an update in another post. There's no need to argue in circles about it.

Kyle Rodgers

Don't kid yourself. They don't come anywhere close to PMDG quality. Ive been waiting for an X-Plane heavy for a couple yrs, siunce starting using it.. Carenado has done well in the GA market... No,, Id rather wait for excellent quality.

In fairness the A320 and A350 are as close as makes no difference in my personal opinion. Have you tried them or are you still waiting as your post suggests? The point I think is that PMDG will have to bring things to a new level entirely, not yet seen in the X-Plane sphere, to do better than has been done. They'll have to earn their place more so than they had to in FSX where in my personal opinion, folks seem easier to impress.

The current 757/777 if we're thinking about the same ones don't have the majority of the CDU commands/flow/errors working correctly (assuming Bulfer's book and the PMDG CDU are the correct baselines to be judging from).

I agree. Anyway as I said they at least exist and they are good enough for me and many people coming from FSX and afraid of finding .....nothing looking good to fly with in x-plane.

Cheers

Patrick

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

Wait for the IXEG 737 Classic and we will be satisfied for a while!  :lol:

Gents,

I fly both platforms (XPlane and FSX) extensively. I can say without any doubt there is no aircraft in XPlane that comes remotely close to complexity, appearance/modelling as does PMDG products in FSX. The closest contender would most likely be FlyJSim 732.  As such, seeing PMDG products in XPlane, will greatly enhance the experience for any enthusiast in XPlane.

Cheers,

Don Dormehl 

I can fully agree with you Don. We are just in a 'transition period' between leaving FSX and entering the new market with more opportunities: X-Plane. The first great 'PMDG'ish' product in X-Plane will be IXEG 737 Classic. The accuracy, precision, system wise/-depth, aircraft modelling and physics of this great bird are based on real Flight Data which makes it very realistic. I am sure that PMDG will increase the potential in their product enormously with the opportunities within X-Plane. We will see, I cannot wait to see the quality of PMDG NGX, 777 and 747v2 in X-Plane. 

Everything in X-Plane, with exception to aircraft, is far more better and advanced compared to FSX. Furthermore, Airport/Scenery developers have more possibilities and freedom to build airports/scenery based on better, more up to date and advanced technology.

Well I just got into xp10 and I'm just setting up the cosmetics such as mesh clouds etc. I've browsed some of the payware and have not found anything close to pmdg. So I'm patiently awaiting for some good news. Happy New year everyone.

You should check out the Saab 340A by Leading Edge Simulations. Its the best plane currently for X-Plane in my opinion.Great modelling and sound.

What will be Rob's topic heading of its release? [New Year. New Products. Enjoy your present! - JAN 2015] ^_^

What will be Rob's topic heading of its release? [New Year. New Products. Enjoy your present! - JAN 2015] ^_^

I find SkyMaxx works very well for me.

But anyway, how is that related to PMDG and X-Plane? If you want to bash the product this isnt the thread for it.

Well I just got into xp10 and I'm just setting up the cosmetics such as mesh clouds etc. I've browsed some of the payware and have not found anything close to pmdg. So I'm patiently awaiting for some good news. Happy New year everyone.

Have a look at:

FlightFactor Airbus A350 XWB Advanced