Sign in to follow this  
Peter Webber

REX 4 & P3D V2.5

Good day...

I have recently removed P3D V2.4 & installed P3D V2.5. How is it possible to determine that when installing a REX texture set that successful installation has occurred? I have opened up my scenery file in P3D V2.5 but the cloud textures remain the original textures which were installed with P3D V2.5 based on the file information i.e the file date does not change. Are my REX 4 textures being installed? There is no error in REX 4 when installing the set and the message is displayed as 'successfull' although I doubt the textures have been installed. Any ideas how to check or confirm?

Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Make sure you get the latest Rex updates.... Then it should just be a matter of selecting p3dv2 as your default sim within Rex configuration.

I have the latest updates and P3D V2 is selected in the configuration...but my cloud texture files still display as the original texture files supplied with P3D..i.e date does not change to present date.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Cumulus01.bmp file date 19/03/2013.....the same date as the other installed files..

Peter Webber

Have you checked your installlog  in your rex folder it will tell you when  your textures were installed, if not post your issue  in the rex forum but  you first need to be verified  first if  you havnt  been there before.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi...the install log tells me the textures have been installed...thanks.....should the new texture files in P3D texture folder show the current date of install or will it show an earlier date? My files in the texture folder in P3D still show an older date....

Peter Webber

Peter...eventually sorted it out....checked the properties of a transferred cloud file in the REX 4 folder and compared it with the same file in the P3D texture folder...properties are the same so textures are being transferred. Thanks.

Peter Webber