Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

How to open panel windows >No.9?

Hi. In FS9, how can I open panel windows which appear in the panel.cfg file as [window.10] and above? Of course 'Shift+10" is not an option.. I have made a lot of xml gauges to create different icons which I can put in the cockpit to open panel windows as far as no.9 (with different bmp files associated with them, for different functions) but again, anything above no.9 does nothing in practice.

In other words, if my Garmin GPS is window.15 and I cannot shift window numbers around in the panel.cfg file to accommodate it (some payware a/c panels stop working if you do that of course), how to open the GPS window in FS?

Thanks!

Martin

I'm not sure if there is a way to do it with keyboard commands, but if you use the Views menu at the top, then go to Instrument Panel, all the different windows should be listed there.  If you don't see the menu bar at the top, press Alt first.  That should bring it up.

I have made a lot of xml gauges to create different icons which I can put in the cockpit to open panel windows as far as no.9 (with different bmp files associated with them, for different functions) but again, anything above no.9 does nothing in practice.

Hi, Martin,

Not at my FS computer right now, but there's a line called something w/ ID= in it

for each window. If you assign a unique numerical code in that line (create the whole line

if necessary) you can assign that ID in your xml icon gauge.

If this doesn't make sense, I'll find an example.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi. In FS9, how can I open panel windows which appear in the panel.cfg file as [window.10] and above? Of course 'Shift+10" is not an option.. I have made a lot of xml gauges to create different icons which I can put in the cockpit to open panel windows as far as no.9 (with different bmp files associated with them, for different functions) but again, anything above no.9 does nothing in practice.

This is the complete icon gauge (except for the separate bmp file):

-------------

<Gauge Name="Radar_Icon" Version="1.0">
   <Image Name="radar_icon.bmp"/>
   <Mouse>
      <Tooltip ID="TOOLTIPTEXT_TOGGLE_RADAR"/>
      <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
      <Click>219 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>
   </Mouse>
</Gauge>
-----------

Clicking on this gauge's associated bmp image (pasted onto another panel window) will open the following window:

------------------

[Window16]
file=..\RADAR ORIG COLORS.bmp
visible=0
Background_color=0,128,64
size_mm=343,475
ident=219
window_pos= .358,.708
position=0
gauge00=F16!Radar,16.0066666666667,54.88,306.413333333333,310.413333333333
gauge01=F16!Radar Mode, 38.8733333333333, 416.173333333333, 73.1733333333333, 27.44
gauge02=F16!Radar Range,116.62,416.173333333333, 73.1733333333333, 27.44

Note that the number in Ident=219 is the same as the one in the gauge entry

<Click>219 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks for the replies - and especially the example! I am not a very advanced xml 'programmer' to say the least so was not aware of this - I'll try it out later today..

I so wish I had asked this question years ago!!!

Martin

I am not a very advanced xml 'programmer' to say the least so was not aware of this - I'll try it out later today..

I got the template from someone else, I didn't write the gauge myself.

This should also work if you use one of the stock FS IDs, such as RADIO_STACK_PANEL or GPS_PANEL instead of a made-up number.  Changing these to a number might have some unexpected result.

Do you have an example where an xml icon gauge opens a window by window number?  I don't know how to write it that way.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Another possibility  is to have a  a 3 in 1 Icon

<!-- 3 in 1 Icon --> 
   <Mouse>
   <Macro Name="Button1">
        (M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 == if{ 219 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) } 
        (M:Event) 'MiddleSingle' scmp 0 == if{ 342 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) }
    	(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 ==  if{ 784 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) }</Macro>  
        <Area> 
            <Tooltip>R Radar M GPS L Throttle</Tooltip> 
            <Click Kind="LeftSingle+MiddleSingle+RightSingle">@Button1</Click>
            <Cursor Type="Hand" />
        </Area>
   </Mouse>
</Gauge>	

As the tool tip indicates :-

- Left click for Radar window

- Middle click for GPS window

- Right click for throttle

Your relevant click code for your desired Window is placed within the  "if" brackets.

The idents  219 , 342 , 784  above are examples only .

In the above Window text it was;

ident=219

and it Must match your Icon script.

The 3 in 1  Icon could just as easily be a 2 in 1 that uses only Left and Right clicks.

<!-- 3 in 1 Icon --> 
   <Mouse>
   <Macro Name="Button1">
        (M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 == if{ 219 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) }
    	(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 ==  if{ 784 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) }</Macro>  
        <Area> 
            <Tooltip>R Radar L Throttle</Tooltip> 
            <Click Kind="LeftSingle+RightSingle">@Button1</Click>
            <Cursor Type="Hand" />
        </Area>
   </Mouse>
</Gauge>

Cheers

Karol

Mike, the xml gauges look like this - this one is called Panle5 and supposedly opens "window 5" (which in practice is window 4, as there is no zero):

<Gauge Name="Panel5" Version="1.0">
   <Image Name="Icon_Throttle.bmp" ImageSizes="19,19,30,30"/>
   <Mouse>
      <Tooltip>Throttle Panel</Tooltip>
      <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
      <Click>14200 (>K:PANEL_5)</Click>
   </Mouse>
  </Gauge>

I then add a gauge= line to the Window.00 (or wherever) that reads:

gaugexx=XMLGauges!Panel5, xx,yy,18,18

.. I am sure you know the ropes!

The text you gave works fine in opening up panels above no.9. Thanks again for posting.

Edit: Only saw your post Karol after I sent this reply. Will have a look at that too, though it seems more complex to achieve the same result. Thank you.

Another possibility is to have a a 3 in 1 Icon

Thanks very much Karol.  I didn't know how to do this (I only have a two-click mouse but as you said certainly it could be made to work w/ two clicks).

Mike, the xml gauges look like this - this one is called Panle5 and supposedly opens "window 5" (which in practice is window 4, as there is no zero):

<Mouse>

<Cursor Type="Hand"/>

</Mouse>

</Gauge>

Thanks for your example.  One question: what does the number "14200" do, since the window you want to open is already identified by "Panel_5"?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

That's the ident in the panel.cfg, but I think you can put anything, or nothing, there, since the window is defines, as you say...

That's the ident in the panel.cfg, but I think you can put anything, or nothing, there, since the window is defines, as you say...

No ! !

That ident number is critical to the function of the Icon switch.

The ident number in your Icon switch must  be exactly the same as the number in the following line of your Window detail,

ident=14200

Cheers

Karol

Yes ! ! ! (Three exclamation marks outdoes your two, especially in LOUD BOLD TYPE)... Did you mean to sound so aggressive? I am sure not  :rolleyes:

I have lots of such gauges in my FS setup and when you specify a window, the ID is irrelevant because the information you write as to window number overrides the ID. Several of the xml files (as I was lazy and just copied and edited them) have exactly the same ID, which in no way matches the ID in the panel.cfg and they all open their respective, and different ,windows just fine.

If you don't specify a window, then I agree... as per the example that Mike posted. In that case the ID is crucial, but not in my examples. I've been making these gauges for ten years... believe me...

Regards.....

Not aggressive , just emphasis.

I have used bold type to draw emphasis to specific portions of replies that other wise might be missed.

I am not the combative sort of person.

I must admit that this is the very first time that I have got this sort of reaction.

How are you 'specifying' the window within the Icon switch ?

Cheers 

Karol

Exclamation marks, capital letters and Bold type are the internet equivalent of shouting, that's common knowledge, but it's OK, as I said, I was pretty sure that wasn't how it was meant (and added a smiley to show it!). ^_^  There! There's another one...

The icon switch (in the panel.cfg I assume you mean) is just a normal gauge line. For instance, where XMLGauges is my folder, within FS9/Gauges, and the xml file, for example, is Panel8.xml, and the next free gauge is 55...

Gauge55=XMLGauges!Panel8, xx,yy,18,18

.. usual xx,yy co-ordinates of course.

The gauge itself is as in Post#8, above,

Cheers Karol,

Martin

Martin

Thanks for the above.

In your Icon  code

<Mouse>
      <Cursor Type="Hand"/>
   </Mouse>
  </Gauge>

Is it the  5  that specifies that  " window5 "  will be called up to be visible ?

I have never seen this used before , it looks interesting.

Cheers

Karol

Thanks very much Karol.  I didn't know how to do this (I only have a two-click mouse but as you said certainly it could be made to work w/ two clicks).

Mike

Originally I thought that my mouse was only 2 clicks , Left  single click and right single click.

Then I discovered that you can depress the mouse wheel and that that action is the  Middle single click.

I have recently created instruments that make use of :-

Left  single click

Middle single click

right single click

mouse wheel up

mouse wheel down

Cheers

Karol