Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

You guys are super!!

Whenever i fly near to or over the sea, your work make the simulator experience 'as real as it gets', so i think Microsoft should give you 10% of the money they earned with FSX :)

Matthias

Thanks.. .and here a few more screenshots from San Francisco and the Columbia river

15051707090716112913276199.jpg

15051707090516112913276198.jpg

15051707090416112913276197.jpg

15051707090816112913276200.jpg

And the last picture tells a bit about the testing - I decided to see what happened if I put ORBX scenery at maximum settings in San Francisco and the a lot of static ships popped up in the bay... luckily my ships didn't sail though any, but the narrow entrance to the bay is a night mare to do traffic in as the ships need 500 meters parallel distance not to make funny maneuvers. The above picture actually ended in chaos even if the ships were more than 300 meters apart when they met...

15051707091016112913276201.jpg

15051707091016112913276201.jpg

Awesome picture.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

hi all,

i ve just install all the boats on p3dv2.5 and i ve got a problem.

Above my boats i can see 2 vertical straight lines

how to remove these lines

thanks

mini_704099boat.png

Frédéric Giraud

hi all,

i ve just install all the boats on p3dv2.5 and i ve got a problem.

Above my boats i can see 2 vertical straight lines

how to remove these lines

thanks

mini_704099boat.png

You need the file fix_ship_wakes_p3dv25_version2.zip  I forgot where I found out about it but it's part of the ships packages but for some reason not linked in the first post. You can search that file in avsim library.

You need the file fix_ship_wakes_p3dv25_version2.zip  I forgot where I found out about it but it's part of the ships packages but for some reason not linked in the first post. You can search that file in avsim library.

Thanks a lot Steve

Frédéric Giraud

Awesome picture.          

Mange tak - thanks a lot hopefully I can soon post more.

And thanks to Steve for the support support while I was busy in the non-virtuel world... :lol:

I have a question....are you redoing the AI ship packs that are already released? or is this new pack you're working on now just a new addition to those? Reason I ask is i am completing a reinstall of fsx SE along with all my addons, and didnt know if i should go ahead and install the AI ship packs or wait until this new pack comes out.

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

I have a question....are you redoing the AI ship packs that are already released? or is this new pack you're working on now just a new addition to those? Reason I ask is i am completing a reinstall of fsx SE along with all my addons, and didnt know if i should go ahead and install the AI ship packs or wait until this new pack comes out.

The new package will update the routes for the US East and West Coast and adds traffic to the Great Lakes. On top of this it will add a number of new routes in Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. It is not a new complete package so you should go ahead and install the existing packages and then some files will be updated when you install the new package.

Oh! and Ah!

I have already downloaded and installed all the packs mentioned in this thread and is looking VG, thank you!

However, just reading the above and learning that there is an original download, I have two questions:

1) Where is the original download? and,

2) Can they be installed over these ones in this thread?

Appreciating you have said updating to the person above, how should I proceed?

Thanks

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTION

The project consists of many download files - sorry for that but it is a result of the long development project - for installation you need to follow a particular order as some files updates older files. When I started the project I only had 63 ships, so the diversity on the routes was limited. The newer packages takes benefit of all the ships so with the new traffic.bgl installed you can see up to 42 different ships following the same route - and a places like Rio de Janeiro, Hong Kong, Singapore, New York or Gibraltar will have a different traffic coming in every single hour, every single day during a 14 day rotation period with more than 250 models activated in each area.

The following packages exists - the ones marked by *** are obligatory if you want all ships - and you should install in the order of appearance here:

63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1 (Download #175622) ***

Patch for 63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1 (Download #175703)

AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic US West Coast (Download #176133)

Caribbean AI Ship Traffic for 63 AI Ships (Download #175702)           

75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic - Mediterranean Sea and Asia (Download #178959) ***

Patch for 75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #179076)***

AI Ship Traffic for North West Europe (Download #178960)

AI Ship Traffic for US East Coast V1 (Download #179258)

P3D replacement effects for AI ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #179348)

130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #182953) ***

AI Ship Traffic Mexican Gulf and Caribbean Sea (Download #183304)

130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic - Patch/Fix (Download #184092) ***

179 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #188085) ***

The below file is only needed for P3Dv2.5

FIX for Ship Wakes for P3Dv2.5 - version 2 (Download #189063)

What you have indicated above is, as I understand it, the same as what is at the beginning of this thread. No problem with that, as I have installed them in the order as directed. So far, so good.

What was not clear is that you mentioned to the person earlier that there were also the original downloads from earlier dates.

Can I take it as read that the list above, which I have already installed, does not require any earlier download?

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Hi Martin,

What you have done is correct - the above are the "original files" - I will change the list once the new package becomes available.

That new package will overwrite and improve some of the old AI routes, but it is mainly an addition with new ships and routes for the Great Lakes, Alaska, and Greenland as well as some more common freight ship and some navy ships put on routes across the world.

Thank you!

Look forward to the new package in due course.

The English Channel, especially the section between Dover and France, are the busiest shipping lanes in the world where you have ships converging from all over the North Sea and the Thames funneling towards the West and then the traffic coming up Channel towards the East. This is also compounded with the huge number of cross-channel ferries from and to Dover from the Different Ports in France, Belgium and Holland. Are there plans to populate this part of the World with more traffic?

Martin Parr

Yes, the new package will also contain additional traffic for the channel :)