Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

2d panel wont load

hi just installed ngx voice and made sure load 2d panel was selected in the fsx settings display, 2d panel starts to load but then the vc panel loads may having something to do with ezdoc, you metioned in another post that there was something that had to be turned off in ezdoc any help thank you jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Disable EZDOK from its EZ-Studio while you are choosing planes etc in FSX and before you click Fly Now and then re-enable it when you are in the 2D..You either use EZ-Studio or 3 on number pad (that's how mine is set up anyway)bestjake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

thanks, jim

thank you,Jim

You can also use the alternate method to open the Main Panel from the VC.And that's to assign a joystick or keyboard button to do the job. This is described in the manual.If you have other 3rd party entries on your NGX panel.cfg, such as the Vox ATC panel windows, you may need to use the Joystick/Button assignment to open the Main Panel in the VC due to a current NGX limitation.Cheers,

how do you disable ezdok in the ez-studio before clicking on fly

thank you,Jim

If you use EZCA, just do the following change in the exe.xml file of FSX:Open exe.xml with Notepad, and search for the following String:-----<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

-
<
SimBase.Document Type
="
Launch
"
version
="
">
<
Descr
>
Launch
</
Descr
>
<
Filename
>
dll.xml
</
Filename
>
<
Disabled
>
False
</
Disabled
>
<
Launch.ManualLoad
>
False
</
Launch.ManualLoad
>
-
<
Launch.Addon
>
<
Name
>
EZdok camera addon
</
Name
>
<Disabled>false</Disabled>
<
Path
>
C:Program FilesEZCAEZCA.exe
</
Path
>
</Launch.Addon> </SimBase.Document>Change the Red marked line to<Disabled>true</Disabled>After this change, EZCA does not load on startup.Put a shortcut to the "C:Program FilesEZCAEZCA.exe" on your Desktop, and when the NGX is inizialized just start EZCA.exe and you are fine.Don't forget to make a Backup first !

Greetings all,I'm intrigued that this topic isn't plastered all over this forum, given the number of people that use EZCA. I still haven't been able to try out FS2Crew with my NGX because I can't find a way of bringing the NGX 2d panel up by default (despite making the correct setting inside FSX). How are you guys doing it?I was able to get the C172 to load in 2-D after pressing '3' on the number pad (thanks Jake) and entering EZCA edit mode, but the NGX still loads in glorious 3D.So I then followed your suggestion Frank, namely "If you use EZCA, just do the following change in the exe.xml file of FSX:" The problem I have here is that I don't have a file called exe.xml anywhere in my FSX folder or subfolders on my entire 1Tb drive for that matter. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks!GarethCosta Blanca, SPAIN

In case it helps anyone else who uses EZCA, or in case someone knows of a better way and is prepared to share it with me, I have found that this way works:load fsxexit EZCA from taskbarload default C172 select viewscockpit (=2D)choose new aircraft (PMDG NGX) loads with 2D panel allow to initialise alt/tab to desktop, run shortcut to EZCA.exe return to FSXNGX then autoloads the virtual cockpitI presume still fully initialised. I'll find out tomorrow. RegardsGareth

Guys,First, you should be able to load directly into the VC.It's only if you have weird issues that you should load the 2D first.However, 99 percent of significant user problems were in fact caused by users not having SP1C installed from PMDG.I recently did a Remote Desktop with a beta tester who uses EZDOK and he has no problems.Cheers,

Greetings all,I'm intrigued that this topic isn't plastered all over this forum, given the number of people that use EZCA. I still haven't been able to try out FS2Crew with my NGX because I can't find a way of bringing the NGX 2d panel up by default (despite making the correct setting inside FSX). How are you guys doing it?I was able to get the C172 to load in 2-D after pressing '3' on the number pad (thanks Jake) and entering EZCA edit mode, but the NGX still loads in glorious 3D.So I then followed your suggestion Frank, namely "If you use EZCA, just do the following change in the exe.xml file of FSX:" The problem I have here is that I don't have a file called exe.xml anywhere in my FSX folder or subfolders on my entire 1Tb drive for that matter. Can someone please enlighten me? Thanks!GarethCosta Blanca, SPAIN
Try searching hereEXE.XML is located in Users(your username here)AppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX

Hi Guys,Perhaps I can spead some light, I have been working hard with Bryan over the last few weeks and am a user of EZdok.Now, firstly, I have no problems starting or using EZdok with Fs2crew, lets run through some checks.1) Have you downloaded the latest update of EZdok, only available on their forums [for some reason not sure why. Its easy to miss].2) With the NGX it is VITAL you have a button on your joystick or joke, assigned to the VC. This is mandatory, as if you use ezdok change view then you will get the "white box". Its how pmdg uses the VC to change views, [saving performance].Check these 2 things first, and then get back to me.Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Guys,First, you should be able to load directly into the VC.It's only if you have weird issues that you should load the 2D first.However, 99 percent of significant user problems were in fact caused by users not having SP1C installed from PMDG.I recently did a Remote Desktop with a beta tester who uses EZDOK and he has no problems.Cheers,
Hi,I can say that i also have the weird issues when the NGX is initialising in VC. Even with 2D panel enabled first in FSX menu . I have not tried the trick by shutting down EZCA first but i will try that now offcause.Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png