•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

Recent Comments

AVSIM Destinations:

Online friends

None of your friends are currently online

Addon Converter X Version 1.08

Addon Converter X is a plugin for FSX that makes many add-on aircraft and sceneries developed for FS2004 compatible with FSX SP2 and FSX Acceleration Pack, version 1.08 esolves problems with some scenery files.

Many existing aircraft and sceneries suffer display problems with these FSX versions, such as missing textures or missing scenery objects in the DirectX 10 mode. Addon Converter X resolves many of these problems on the fly, thus allowing you to enjoy thousands of sceneries and aircraft developed for previous Flight Simulator versions with FSX.

Addon Converter X does not modify any files you have installed in FSX. It performs conversions on the fly as FSX is loading files. You don't have to "convert" any add-ons you are installing. Simply copy them into FSX, and Addon Converter X will make any necessary changes automatically.

For more information and a free demo version, please visit the Addon Converter X homepage.

7 Comments

Wow I just bought this Addon Converter X and let me tell you it works great.
You have to set it up correctly I say you go to the forum if your not sure.
But get this I just converted my old Fs9 PSS 777LR payware from Just Flight
and everything works from Vc to all my Saitek throttles switchs yoke radios and
yes even my autopilot panel using spad of course, Because the PSS has a build in keyboard programmer for all of its key components I even installed the latest Navgraph
Not bad untill we get the True T7.

Best $20 addon I've spent.
if this could do a proper conversion of the RFP 747 Classic to FSX, my credit card is ready!

if this could do a proper conversion of the RFP 747 Classic to FSX, my credit card is ready!

There is a demo version available. It's also sold under the Flight1 system, which offers a 30 day money back option. What's to lose?

Wow I just bought this Addon Converter X and let me tell you it works great.
You have to set it up correctly I say you go to the forum if your not sure.
But get this I just converted my old Fs9 PSS 777LR payware from Just Flight
and everything works from Vc to all my Saitek throttles switchs yoke radios and
yes even my autopilot panel using spad of course, Because the PSS has a build in keyboard programmer for all of its key components I even installed the latest Navgraph
Not bad untill we get the True T7.

Best $20 addon I've spent.

I tried the demo to convert my PSS 777 FS9, too. To no avail, FSX would crash with a 'fatal error'.
Thought about this specifically to get the PSS 777 working in FSX but after reading your comments, I guess it isn't possible with this tool either. I'll pass until someone can confirm a working version of the FS9 bird in FSX.
Photo
1st fltsimguy
Feb 28 2013 01:55 PM
What I want to know is if its converting on the fly then it must be using resources and taking them away from FSX normal running functions, so does it have any impact on fps or create stutters?
Save yourself some money and do the conversion for free using "Texture Doctor." In the case of FS2004 to FSX Airport conversion, after you've converted the textures, run ADE on the airport (then make any changes you want) and then compile for FSX. Your new airport should work in FSX.

IF YOU DO NOT SEE ANY CONTENT ON THIS PAGE, IT IS BECAUSE
EITHER YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED IN, OR YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED.
You need to register to gain access to any of AVSIM's forum content.
It is free and fast. Click on the "CREATE ACCOUNT" above today.

If you are looking for the File Library Only, click here.

Read Our News Archives - April, 1999 to March, 2012 - 13 Years Worth!

All material included within AVSIM is Copyrighted and may not be reproduced or copied in any form without express written permission from AVSIM Management. Linking to articles and images are allowed under some circumstances, but links must be approved by management before links are established. Images and material holding separate copyright notices are provided exclusively to AVSIM and that copyright remains with the original authors. Images and artwork provided herein shall not be copied, reproduced or used in any other fashion without the express written permission of their respective authors.

Copyright 1997 - 2013 - AVSIM Online
All Rights Reserved

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

Search Articles

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!