•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

Recent Comments

AVSIM Destinations:

Online friends

None of your friends are currently online

FS Instant Approach PRO v 2.0

FSInventions announce the release of a new version of their add-on for FSX and FS2004 FS Instant Approach PRO v 2.0 for FSX and FS2004

A new set of features have been introduced following the requests of many users of the product.
■FS Instant Approach PRO builds on the popular FS Instant Approach by introducing a host of new features that can set up varied and challenging approaches in just seconds!
■A new feature lets you set up an approach which intersects your final approach, from the left or the right, from any angle you choose. This was previously limited to 45 degrees.
■Begin your approach at the start of the 'Downwind' leg of the traffic pattern at any runway. Fly left or right traffic - the choice is yours!
■The Flight Plan screen now includes a handy diagram showing which approach types are available to set up with FS Instant Approach PRO at your selected runway

When you have finished your approach and want to fly another, there is no longer any need to exit Flight Simulator and return to FS Instant Approach. You can 'restart the approach' by simply flipping your airplane's panel lights from off to on, and... another approach will begin!
What's more, if you set up visibility and wind using the new random settings introduced in PRO, you will get a different challenge each time!

Optionally set the specific altitude of your approach using MSL or now AAL (Above Airfield Level). Very useful to quickly set 'pattern altitude'.

Lots of folks are enjoying the function to approach a random airport with FS Instant Approach. You can now filter random airport selection by runway surface. How about landing on sand today?! Planks tomorrow?

Now you can specify that only the slick 'detailed' airports supplied with FSX Deluxe or FSX Acceleration will be included in random selection.

For those who like variety and challenges, the wind can now be set to a random strength and direction. This will keep you on your toes and is a great way to fly a whole host of very different approaches in minutes.

Low visibility is always a challenge - now you can set it to a random distance that will automatically vary with each new approach! Who knows what you will be facing next time?

To find out more, watch movies, download a free demo, etc, visit the FS Instant Approach PRO Website.

5 Comments

For those of you considering this software, I'd advise you to check it's freeware counterpart...it's very capable and FREE...

http://library.avsim...=root&Go=Search
I appreciate that he put a link to the freeware, which I'm going to try.
I have the original version of FS Instant Approach and I love the software.
It is very stable software and is loaded with lots of options.
It doesn't have to set you up close to the airport on final. You can start the approach from a higher altitude and distance, which I like.
Just quickly looking at the download page of the freeware, it looks like 12nm is the limit for the free download software.
I will try it and see how they measure up to each other.
Photo
1st fltsimguy
Feb 24 2013 01:12 PM
I already have v1.5.1...does this update require a repurchase?
Photo
1st fltsimguy
Feb 24 2013 01:18 PM
OK I see now what they are doing. I have FS Instant Approach,...this new version is called Pro and you can upgrade for $10 vs paying the full price of $25
Photo
Jeff Preston
Feb 25 2013 05:48 AM
Glad you like it FSXman!

IF YOU DO NOT SEE ANY CONTENT ON THIS PAGE, IT IS BECAUSE
EITHER YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED IN, OR YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED.
You need to register to gain access to any of AVSIM's forum content.
It is free and fast. Click on the "CREATE ACCOUNT" above today.

If you are looking for the File Library Only, click here.

Read Our News Archives - April, 1999 to March, 2012 - 13 Years Worth!

All material included within AVSIM is Copyrighted and may not be reproduced or copied in any form without express written permission from AVSIM Management. Linking to articles and images are allowed under some circumstances, but links must be approved by management before links are established. Images and material holding separate copyright notices are provided exclusively to AVSIM and that copyright remains with the original authors. Images and artwork provided herein shall not be copied, reproduced or used in any other fashion without the express written permission of their respective authors.

Copyright 1997 - 2013 - AVSIM Online
All Rights Reserved

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

Search Articles