•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

Recent Comments

AVSIM Destinations:

Online friends

None of your friends are currently online

X-Plane 10.2 Released With 64-bit Support

Laminar Research announced the released of X-Plane 10.2 - featuring the first desktop flight simulation to support 64-bit computing

Enter the 64-bit version of X-Plane 10. The new 64-bit version of X-Plane solves a problem that for years has frustrated flight simulation users of both X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator... RUNNING OUT OF MEMORY. With desktop simulation employing more and more scenery objects and higher resolution textures, as well as more complex aircraft models, the previous 32-bit versions of simulation software products are now unable to keep up with the larger memory requirements. This has resulted in overall degraded performance, increased loading times, and “out of memory” errors. With its ability to address memory in 64-bit mode, X-Plane 10.20 brings a whole new level of capability and stability to desktop flight simulation.

About Laminar Research
Laminar Research is creator of the X-Plane franchise of flight simulators, including X-Plane 10, the latest desktop version. X-Plane 10 is available in both a consumer version, as well as a FAA certified professional version. Laminar also offers X-Plane versions for both the iPhone and iPad, as well as other mobile systems.
X-Plane’s flight model, scope, versatility, customizability, and 3rd party add-ons make it the ultimate flight simulation experience for Macintosh, Windows, and Linux platforms.
For more information on Laminar Research and X-Plane visit their Homepage .

11 Comments

Now all LR has to do is strongly develop reasons for 3rd party content developers to jump on board big time. I hope this is on their agenda as the number 1 priority.
Is that really the first to support 64 bits?
Yes, this could be really good if we in the end would have the same amount of addons as we today have for FS.

I hope we get there one day because the architecture in FS doesn't belong in this timeage...
Glad its finally happened! Hope to see a lot of great addons. Definitely want to see more custom scenery, airports, etc. Well pretty much everything! :)
Wonderful news!
I've been using the 64bit beta for X-Plane and I took the Ramzeess' 777 Worldliner on a trip from KLAX to KDFW last night. That's over one thousand miles with my display options all set to high.
Everything is extremely smooth and NO OOMs!
After landing, I left the aircraft sit parked for over two hours while I went to the store and some other places.
When I got back, I set it up for another flight and took off in the night. No crashes or OOMs.
X-Plane 64bit did beautifully. I had a little problem with the 777, where I lost the attitude displays, maybe from sitting idle for so long, but I took off anyway and flew it out of Dallas, just connecting the auto pilot asap.
The night is beautiful in X-Plane.
Flying out of Dallas at night, I could see all the lights of the city and highways and thousands of cars with their headlights and tail lights on, running up and down the highways and roads.
So much better than FSX!
The 777 Worldliner is also a truly amazing aircraft sim. I love it!
That's some good news! I will definitely be building my next machine w/ 64-bit sim in mind: lots of ram, 6+ cores, lots of video ram (Titan-yeah!). I probably should get on board and start learning XPlane 10.2, but at the very least will install it on my next machine since I don't really have the drive space for XP10 at this time.

Took the leap today, bought 2 copies!   A bunch of new stuff to learn;)

Yes, this could be really good if we in the end would have the same amount of addons as we today have for FS.

I hope we get there one day because the architecture in FS doesn't belong in this timeage...

Well said Max...

Well said, we can only beat a dead horse so much, time to move on.

I'm going to use a 2 pc setup, 1 (i5-2500K) for the outside view using 3 screens in eyefinity, the other  an i7-920 for instruments with 2 screens, will the 920 perform well with x-plane?, both machines have 8  gigs of quality ram.

Thanks

Photo
mtolivefire530
Mar 13 2013 07:32 PM

Be better if X-Plane had better add-ons.... along with plausible airports... instead of concrete fields....

Photo
fsx@beginner
May 06 2014 10:59 AM

Wonderful news!
I've been using the 64bit beta for X-Plane and I took the Ramzeess' 777 Worldliner on a trip from KLAX to KDFW last night. That's over one thousand miles with my display options all set to high.
Everything is extremely smooth and NO OOMs!
After landing, I left the aircraft sit parked for over two hours while I went to the store and some other places.
When I got back, I set it up for another flight and took off in the night. No crashes or OOMs.
X-Plane 64bit did beautifully. I had a little problem with the 777, where I lost the attitude displays, maybe from sitting idle for so long, but I took off anyway and flew it out of Dallas, just connecting the auto pilot asap.
The night is beautiful in X-Plane.
Flying out of Dallas at night, I could see all the lights of the city and highways and thousands of cars with their headlights and tail lights on, running up and down the highways and roads.
So much better than FSX!
The 777 Worldliner is also a truly amazing aircraft sim. I love it!

well then...installing x plane 10 right now...thnaks fro confirming my belief that the 777 worldliner is a awesome aircraft.....at that less expensive then the pmdg too!!

IF YOU DO NOT SEE ANY CONTENT ON THIS PAGE, IT IS BECAUSE
EITHER YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED IN, OR YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED.
You need to register to gain access to any of AVSIM's forum content.
It is free and fast. Click on the "CREATE ACCOUNT" above today.

If you are looking for the File Library Only, click here.

Read Our News Archives - April, 1999 to March, 2012 - 13 Years Worth!

All material included within AVSIM is Copyrighted and may not be reproduced or copied in any form without express written permission from AVSIM Management. Linking to articles and images are allowed under some circumstances, but links must be approved by management before links are established. Images and material holding separate copyright notices are provided exclusively to AVSIM and that copyright remains with the original authors. Images and artwork provided herein shall not be copied, reproduced or used in any other fashion without the express written permission of their respective authors.

Copyright 1997 - 2013 - AVSIM Online
All Rights Reserved

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

Search Articles

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!