•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

Recent Comments

AVSIM Destinations:

Online friends

None of your friends are currently online

GSX Ground Services

FSDT is well known for creating some of the most detailed scenery packages to date. This time around FSDT has created yet another innovative feature for FSX. GSX Ground Service is their latest offering which will surely enhance your simulation experience.

What are the features? Well, Ground Service for FSX simulates several operations on ground, like Marshalling, Catering, Boarding/Deboarding of passengers and Baggage, Stairs, Refueling vehicles, Pushback with realistic behavior, Follow Me cars, Docking System and more, all featuring many native FSX animations and believable human characters.

Many of these feature may sound similar to another add-on program offered by Aerosoft, but the difference with GSX is that it works for free with all FSDT airports and is customizable to work with ALL other airports within FSX, both default and 3rd party. GSX also offers vehicles in many different types and sizes, depending on the airplane used and the geographical location, and every vehicle is available in many different liveries, chosen automatically by your location in the FSX World.

Here is a list of features provided in this product as seen on the developers website;

• Designed for FSX, 100% Pure FSX code
  • Different vehicle models, selected depending on the airplane/airport in use
  • Many sound effects, supports 3D Surround Sound with OpenAL
  • Realistic Human animations using FSX bones/skin mesh
  • Full use of FSX advanced materials
  • Easy to use user interface, fully integrated in FSX using standard ATC-like menus
  • Easy user-customization of vehicles, using the provided Paint Kit
  • NEW Live Update feature, keep GSX always updated automatically, with new supported airplanes and airports!
  • Direct Airplane Interface™ allows interaction with complex 3rd party airplanes featuring custom door controls, ground equipment like GPU, Wheel chocks, many popular airplane add-ons like the PMDG 737NGX, 747 and MD11, Aerosoft and Wilco Airbus, the CS767, QW757, FS Labs Concorde and many others that will be added through Live Updates, are recognized and supported natively!
  • Support for full Airport Customization, already enabled with all FSDT sceneries and some 3rd party, allowing better integration with any airport, also to be distributed and installed automatically by the Live Update feature.

As can be clearly seen, the features of this program are quite extensive. I was able to find out more about GSX in a short interview with Umberto from FSDT. Here is a summary of this interview which consisted of two basic but important questions.

Is GSX a product that will be continually updated with new features as time goes on?

Absolutely, it's our number 1 product, it has exceeded all our sales expectations, and there's vast potential for upgrades. In fact, if you have a look at the Live Update feature, you can see we designed easy upgradability right into the product, even before we knew about its success. You might have a look at update history, to see how much we did so far:
http://www.fsdreamte...date_notes.html

What would you say sets GSX apart from its competitor AES?

From an end-user point of view, the obvious advantage is that it’s a one-time purchase, so you know how much you are going to spend in advance.

Just what we give away for free with GSX, the 12 FSDT airports and 2 from Flightbeam (that can be used without any limitations just by downloading GSX), would cost in AES credits more than the entire GSX product so, one might say that, GSX can pay itself simply with what we included for free.

From a technical point of view, GSX is a more modern product. We run GSX almost entirely externally from FSX, since the whole program code is run under the Couatl.exe program, which is a Python interpreter we made specifically for FSX. This means we can grow the GSX code in complexity and features, and it won't use any of the FSX resources, both from a performance point of view (the separate .exe will be scheduled to use free CPU cycles by the OS, and there's a lot of spare CPU power on a modern multi-core machine) and we don't have to worry about taking away memory from FSX, because Couatl.exe has its own separate address space, that doesn't take away anything from the RAM available to FSX. The competitor runs in-process as a .DLL, which means it shares the same address space as FSX.

Also, because we don’t have to support FS9, we could use more modern features such as vertex-skinned animations made with bones, which allows more believable and smooth humans animations possible and, since they run on the graphic card hardware, with faster video cards, the animation quality and the number of animations available can grow in the future. For example to do what's the most requested features: visible passengers.

Since we support every possible airport that has a standard AFCAD, we can concentrate on improving the core program features, and they'll instantly appear for all 20.000+ FSX airports at once, making the program more and more useful for everyone.

Another important advantage we have, is that we give users the ability to customize a scenery themselves, improving of the default automatic behavior. They could share their customization and scenery developers might just distribute a GSX .INI file for scenery in their Scenery directory, together with the other BGLs, and GSX will use it. An additional feature we plan to add is to allow users to place GSX docking systems at every airport.”

As we can see, GSX is a very unique product. During this review we will see whether or not this program is worth its price and also whether it lives up to the claim of being a revolutionary program.

Installation & Setup

The installation of this product is all automatic. After executing the download file for GSX, it will automatically detect your FSX and install the product without any interaction from the user. If you are new to FSDT products you will be prompted to install the Add-on Manager module which is required in order to buy and use this product.

The Add-on manager menu will appear as a submenu in FSX once FSX is started. Another item that will be installed is the Coualt Engine. According to the manual, Coualt is an executable external module that allows a great amount of interaction between the user and FSX. This engine will be a feature of all future products by FSDT.

After the installation is complete, the setup itself is not as difficult as you might imagine. The add-on manager and Coualt Engine made it very easy to setup and customize your GSX options. Personally, I found that the Coualt engine was quite a fascinating and innovative module that made customizing GSX in real time amazingly simple. In order to customize your GSX to be used with your aircraft of choice that is not currently supported, you will find that the manual that comes along with this program provides ample information on how to do so. In order to test just how thorough this process was explained, I tried to customize an aircraft myself and I found that it was VERY easy.

The manual itself is 40 pages long and I encourage you to read it thoroughly in order to have a full grasp on how this program works and can be customized. The customization is not only for aircraft but also extend to airport parking positions as well. This is a feature you might find useful when trying to use GSX at default airports which many not as accurately portray the layout of the real life airport.

Another feature that you would definitely want to acquaint yourself with is the customizable option for the boarding and deboarding process. By default this is set to a minimum time for 15 seconds and is based on the number of passengers loaded to your aircraft. If you want a more realistic experience, you can adjust this time to suit your requirements.

Refueling is also an option that can be customized to suit your time requirements as well. Now that we have discussed the installation and setup, what is the actual experience like?

The Experience

I decided to give GSX a test run on a flight from Vancouver to Los Angeles using the NGX. Recently FSDT released their Vancouver scenery so I thought it would be a good idea to test the compatibility of FSX with FSDT airports first. When on the ramp, most simmers may start their flight with engine already running. However, in order for GSX to initiate you must have your engines off and parking brakes set. When doing so, you are able to access GSX functions using the F12 key.

From this point you can choose to either load fuel, passengers or immediately go to the pushback request if you have already configured your aircraft to depart. Naturally, I opted to experience the full operation of GSX. When requesting refueling and catering services I was expecting the truck to pop up out of thin air in a close proximity to the aircraft and then drive into position. I was pleasantly surprised to see that these ground vehicles drive from quite a distance (depending on the size of the airport) to the aircraft.

As is the case in the real world, service vehicles may take a minute or two to arrive. Upon arrival, I was also surprised to HEAR the service vehicles. The sound of the service vehicles were absolutely stunning as they simulate not just engine sounds but even the sound of food trays rolling into the aircraft! Every bump and thump is captured and it created an amazingly real experience.

The boarding process intrigued me quite a bit as I was very interested in how this would be simulated. While you are not able to SEE passengers (though I can easily see this being implemented in the future) you have the ability to hear the passengers coming into the aircraft as the flight attendant greets them. The length of this process will vary based on your settings.

You can choose to make this process very lengthy as may be the case in the real world, or you can choose to leave the default settings intact so that the process will only take a minute or so. One of the features of this process I liked the most was the fact that you do not always need to be at an airport that has jetways.

For example, if you fly into a smaller regional airport that does not have jetways, the passengers will be picked up and be dropped off by bus. In addition to this passenger stair trucks will also be available.

Now that it was time for the pushback, I was very interested in how this would be simulated. After selecting this option the pushback truck (which varies in size based on your aircraft) drove up to the nose wheel of the 737 and was successfully connected by ground service personnel. Each movement of the ground service personnel was fluid and distinct making it very realistic. When pushback is imitated you have the option for which direction you wish your nose or tail to be pushed.

The one problem that has plagued many Pushback options for other add-ons are that it pushed you either too short or too far back. The default pushback option that comes with FSX is notorious for pushing back aircraft too far and off the centerline. With GSX, the pushback is spot on and STAYS on the taxi lines. While GSX stops the pushback appropriately, you also have the option to stop it at your request.

After the pushback is completed the service personnel will release the pins that connect you to the truck and after a brief verbal exchange, give you a wave and walk away. At this point I was absolutely blown away by the experience and was eagerly looking forward to the landing at KLAX to experience GSX once more.

After landing at KLAX and exiting the runway, I pulled up the GSX option screen which allows you to select various options such as to request a follow me car or to select your gate in order for ground vehicles and the marshal to be ready for your arrival. Pulling up to the gate was again quite surprised to see ground service vehicles and the marshal ready and waiting. The signals given by the marshal were all accurate and if you are not familiar with what various signals mean, you can consult the manual for a detailed description of each signal.

After all was said and done, it was time to de-board the aircraft and allow the baggage handlers to take all bags off of the aircraft. The process itself was not very long since I opted to use the default minimum of 15 sec. This can be configured to be a bit more realistic but due to limited time I kept it to the bare minimum.

So what’s verdict? Well to cut to the chase, I was floored by the experience from using GSX. I had the opportunity to test out other features on the customization side of things by making GSX compatible with another aircraft which was not currently supported. This process was quite easy and since it is done in real time you can edit your setting and fly right away!

While the test flight was done using FSDT airports, I can also confirm that they work with other 3rd party airports and default airports as well. When it comes to default airports you may have to do a bit of editing to place your service vehicles correctly, but other than that, the process is all automatic and very precise.

The overall experience of using GSX can be summed up in the words “revolutionary” and “exciting.” This is a product that deserves to be added to the list of must have add-ons for FSX.

Final Thoughts

Publisher: FSDREAMTEAM
Platform: FSX
Format: Download (57MB)
Reviewed By: Marlon Carter
In summary, I think that GSX is definitely a revolutionary program that allows you to do exactly what you always dreamed of doing, to have the true to life experience of operating a commercial aircraft not just in the air but also on the ground.

To date I have yet to start and complete a flight within FSX without the use of GSX. I consider it to be a must have program that will enhance your simulation experience 100 fold. From a performance view point there is no impact at all on your frame rates when using this program. The movement of aircraft and personnel is very fluid and the true to life animation is simply stunning. At a price of 29.90 Euro (excluding tax) is quite a bargain for what you get.

The only other program that competes with GSX is AES and while I have never used AES, I am quite content with GSX since there is hardly anything that AES offers that GSX doesn’t already have. Perhaps the most significant feature of GSX is that it works with ALL airports so no matter where you go you can enjoy using GSX to its fullest potential. GSX is also customizable in real time which means you can make it compatible with any aircraft without having to restart your flight simulator.

Another pull factor to GSX is that it is constantly being updated and there is quite an active support forum where many users post custom aircraft settings for new add-ons.

In the end, GSX takes FSX to a whole new level and due its revolutionary features I think that it definitely deserves an Avsim Gold Star Award for excellence and for adding a whole new dimension of enjoyment to FSX. This is a product that will definitely change the way we fly.

What I Like About GSX

• Easy to use Interface
  • Realistic ground operations
  • Innovative implementation of the Coualt engine
  • Active support forum
  • Periodically updated with new features
  • Fluid and Realistic movement of people carrying out their duties on the ground.

What I Dislike About GSX

• There isn’t anything to be unhappy about with this program especially because it is constantly updated

25 Comments

the only thing I really disliked in GSX is the very poor quality or robotic sound of the ground crew communication when communicating with you, the pilot.
the same was the boarding process, it was to robotic and unnatural sound to me.
Another issue I personally did not like is that I have to do a lot a manual processes like opening and closing the doors and cargo, which could be easily implemented in the code that if one orders boarding/deboarding, it will move the jetway automatically (assuming there is animated jetway in the airport in question) open the doors and cargo.
those little but yet annoying things I liked with AES, they are done automatically and the sound quality of the ground crew and boarding is far better then GSX.
other then those, GSX is a blast.
I agree
I think the review article is missing the Avsim Gold Star logo
Replacement (human) sounds can be found here in the Avsim library :
search for GSX in : Flight Simulator X - Sounds (2 files)
Photo
Somebody_Else
Feb 22 2013 08:56 AM
I have both and I still prefer AES for one simple reason: Automation.

On arrivial, with AES, you taxi to your gate, park up and things start happening i.e. you don't need to tell AES to do anything until you want to start deboarding.

With GSX you have to select the gate you are going to whilst taxing in, park up then tell GSX to start the deboarding process which in turn puts the stairs, baggage loaders in place etc etc..

GSX requires a input at every step and I think that it slightly unrealistic.

With GSX you have to select the gate you are going to whilst taxing in, park up then tell GSX to start the deboarding process which in turn puts the stairs, baggage loaders in place etc etc..

GSX has been designed like this for the only reason to allow users with AES to be able to use them in combination, if they wanted to. That was the main request we had from testers.

We expected AES to be modified in the same way after GSX has been released, so the two products could be neutral towards each other, because right now, the AES "automation" is what makes harder than it should to use them together.

However, since after one year this hasn't happened, maybe we could add things happening automatically too, but of course it will be an option, not something forced upon users that would like to use a combination of products, and this doesn't cover just AES, but any possible alternative ground service (even those provided by an airplane or scenery developer) that might do *one* thing better than GSX.

The GSX non-automation, is a precise design choice to make it as unobtrusive as possible with regard of whatever other services you have available.
Photo
Rob Ainscough
Feb 22 2013 12:25 PM
GSX has a few quirks, but overall this product is VERY well done and I look forward to future updates.
Photo
Somebody_Else
Feb 22 2013 12:29 PM

[/size]

The GSX non-automation, is a precise design choice to make it as unobtrusive as possible with regard of whatever other services you have available.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my comment and I'd like to say that I understand why you took this decision.

Mostly, I find it frustrating having to select the stand (I always forget this step I don't know why :D) when I'm navigating around an unfamiliar airport using charts. So if you could perhaps remove this step I know my satisfaction would go up!

[/size]

GSX has been designed like this for the only reason to allow users with AES to be able to use them in combination, if they wanted to. That was the main request we had from testers.

We expected AES to be modified in the same way after GSX has been released, so the two products could be neutral towards each other, because right now, the AES "automation" is what makes harder than it should to use them together.

However, since after one year this hasn't happened, maybe we could add things happening automatically too, but of course it will be an option, not something forced upon users that would like to use a combination of products, and this doesn't cover just AES, but any possible alternative ground service (even those provided by an airplane or scenery developer) that might do *one* thing better than GSX.

This is not really a fully good reason, not every one has AES, in fact it might possibly be that most your customers are not AES users. so we are all missing those options that could be there.
it is so happen that your testers are hardcore guys that makes sense that they have both products thinking of their limitation but not really asking the real question "are we a minority"? should we ask them to limit the function due to our needs or the general public needs?
some one didn't do their homework and excepted what the testers said without checking the status of their customers and their needs.
Did you guys run a survey with your customers on who has AES installed? and if they wish on missing automation for those who do (minority?).
Testers are great, but they only give you feedback, you as a business on the other hand need to see if it is good for the majority of your customers or not.
why wait for AES to make a move? obviously they won't, why would they support a competitor? it is counterproductive.
I purchased your product not Aerosoft's, I am expecting you to make the move and utilize the Product to it's full potential, or at least give me the option to do so.

it is extremely easy to overcome, here is what I suggest.
just add in the main settings an Option.. "AES installed" , "AES is not Installed".
if it is not installed (as many of us), then it would be automated and have all those extras you were reluctant to implement due to AES clashing, as there is nothing to clash with.
those who have AES install will continue and enjoy the product with the current method.
think of it..
"Run GSX in Full mode" or in "AES compatibility mode"
let the user decide... add it as an option.
that is the only reason why I am still keeping AES on my machine, due to the lack of those functions in GSX.
no one really wants to have and maintain two different Tools that essentially claim to do the same.
if you enable us those functions (as an option), many of us would find GSX sufficient enough not to be depended anymore on other ground tools like AES.
I for sure would ditch the other tool as if automation was in place, I can't say I have any major claim why I would need AES any more.
I prefer one tool...
Give us the Users the Option to pick...
"GSX Full Mode" or "AES Compliance Mode"
Let the use decide, don't wait for Aerosoft to do anything or we will continue waiting for ever and being depended on two tools all the time.

BTW - I still love your tool, it's great, just wish it was even greater :)

Mostly, I find it frustrating having to select the stand (I always forget this step I don't know why :D) when I'm navigating around an unfamiliar airport using charts. So if you could perhaps remove this step I know my satisfaction would go up!

That of course was made as a precise design choice, with sound reasons:

- If the selection was tied to the gate assigned by the ATC, you wouldn't had the flexibility to select a different parking, and sometimes you don't always have the FSX ATC available, either because you haven't opened a flight plan, or because you fly online.

- If the selection was made by proximity (gate auto-selected when you get close or enter it) it would obtain the pesky "pop-up" effect of vehicles coming out from nowhere, which is *very* unrealistic. By having to select the gate when taxing around, the gate would be prepared for you by the time you arrive.

- Another reason why you have to select a gate, is that you might want to ask for a Follow Me car at the same time so, it's convenient that with the same menu choice, that you have to do anyway, the Follow Me car is just an step of it.

- The gate selection menu can be made to present an easier to use option, compared to the FSX "Go To Airport" menu. In fact, you can entirely replace the FSX Go to airport menu or, more precisely, use it only to select an airport, but use GSX to select a parking and, eventually, use the "Just warp me there", to go there without any service.

This will allow to have a much better presentation of the terminal layout so, for example, you will see the gates at KLAX TBit terminal being grouped under the "Tom Bradley International Terminal" group, instead of the generic "Terminal A..." that FSX has.

Or situations like JFK "Terminal 4 Gate B1" and "Terminal 4 Gate A1", which are not possible within the AFCAD naming conventions, but can be done with the GSX menu.

Replacement (human) sounds can be found here in the Avsim library :
search for GSX in : Flight Simulator X - Sounds (2 files)

tried those, one set is home recorded for the pushback crew, it was great, but the voice recording was too "clear" and doesn't mimic the distortion one would hear when communicating on interphone.

the other set has a strong beeeep background sound that is annoying

That of course was made as a precise design choice, with sound reasons:

- If the selection was tied to the gate assigned by the ATC, you wouldn't had the flexibility to select a different parking, and sometimes you don't always have the FSX ATC available, either because you haven't opened a flight plan, or because you fly online.

makes no sense, make it automatically if ATC assigns you a gate (like AES does), if nothing was assigned, let the user pick a gate and even change a gate if he wishes after ATC assigned him one.
that is not a reason why give it up all together and not automate it.
Automate, but give the user the option to override the assigned gate to his preferred gate if he wishes.
as for follow me, let the user pick if he wishes a follow me car for it's current assigned gate.
it's a win - win.
don't force him to pick a gate and by that removing any automation possibility, just for him to get a follow me car. makes no sense.
if he picks a gate, ask him like you do today if he wishes a follow me car.
if he has a gate assigned , when he pops up the menu, give him an option to order a follow me car to his current assigned gate and/or change a gate to his discretion (and of course ask him if he wants a follow me car if he changes a gate)
I can really help you design your menus, it's really simple.
I can help you bring this product to a perfection.
you have the technical knowledge and I am a champ in Products design and flow.
that is what I am doing for living.
don't worry, I won't change a penny, I'll do it for free just to see this working well :)
I have another improvement to suggest (really need to be tested though if it is an improvement or not).
for those who fly on-line (VATSIM/IVAO, etc.).
if we can some how think of a way that in the menu we can pick the taxi path to/from the Gate/RW.
e.g. taxi via Z, ZL, YP, RW19R

maybe even by an easy menu we need to rethink of how to form such menu.
this could boost the product even more..
and why?
then I can order a follow me based on what I was assigned by the Controller...
...no more ground charts, phew :)...

we really need to think about it if it's possible and/or if it's feasible without to much effort and if the end product would not be to complicated to use making online simmers not bother using this function.
but the idea, could mean gold.
Photo
thejetjunkie
Feb 22 2013 02:10 PM
GSX gets a two thumbs up from me.

I bought FSDT CYVR and get free use of GSX at that airport.Now want it for all airports.Also bought Airbus X Extended with its pilot, copilot call out check lists, flight attendent cabin anouncements, inflight chatter.

Combine all three of these addons for a flight and start in a cold and dark state, then Stand-bye. Your in for some serious, eye and ear candy fsx FUN !!

This is not really a fully good reason, not every one has AES, in fact it might possibly be that most your customers are not AES users. so we are all missing those options that could be there.

That's obviously a good reason, and it would't be very wise to ignore feedback from testers.

But that's not the point, the point is that we expected this to be temporary, only until AES was updated in the same way, so we could (both) start adding options like enabling automation or not.

Since this hasn't happened, as I've said, we'll likely add an "auto-pilot" to GSX anyway.

makes no sense, make it automatically if ATC assigns you a gate (like AES does), if nothing was assigned, let the user pick a gate and even change a gate if he wishes after ATC assigned him one.

That's an obvious choice, but that will require a bit of hacking, since Simconnect doesn't provide us with that information, and we try to revert to hacking as the last resort, because it's a pain to keep it updated every time that sim is updated.

Yes, of course FSX will not be updated but, we support Prepar3D, and it's no wonder why AES doesn't, since they probably relied too much on reverse-engineering, which is why they couldn't easily port to Prepar3D.

So yes, of course your suggestion make sense, and it's not that we haven't though about it (it's was only logical) but there are always reasons why decisions are made, we tried to make it as clean as possible, and this paid off with instant Prepar3D compatibility from day one.

But we'll surely have a second look at it, in the general field of adding automation to GSX.

if we can some how think of a way that in the menu we can pick the taxi path to/from the Gate/RW.e.g. taxi via Z, ZL, YP, RW19R

Yes, that would be nice but, it would go against the suggested streamlining of the overall procedure. If it was perceived as annoying having to select just the arriving gate (as it is now), having to select the routing too won't make it any simpler.

The issue is, some users like flexibility and ability to control, others might prefer speed of use and automation, it's difficult to make everyone happy.
The big advantage on the AES side is Jetways! Apart from that its a great product.. and love that i can use it at airports where AES is not available. And AES has better paint kit for better and more real customization.
GSX is a great product and, based on it's availability at every airport with a proper AFCAD, it comes with a lot more value than AES (which is beginning to look very dated -- the graphics need a big upgrade).

There's only one change I'd like to see. Currently service vehicles have the logo of the ICAO code of the parking spot. Couldn't we have the option as with the cargo containers, of defining the service vehicle logos by the atc_parking_codes line in the aircraft.cfg? It could be set up so that if this line isn't present in the aircraft.cfg then the service vehicles logos are determined by the parking spot, but if the line and ICAO code are present in the aircraft.cfg, then the service vehicles would have that aircraft's company logos? Hope this is clear.

Yes, that would be nice but, it would go against the suggested streamlining of the overall procedure. If it was perceived as annoying having to select just the arriving gate (as it is now), having to select the routing too won't make it any simpler.

The issue is, some users like flexibility and ability to control, others might prefer speed of use and automation, it's difficult to make everyone happy.

for sure adding this function instead of the automatic gate picking would deteriorate and make many customers mad as they lost their convenient option of just picking a gate.
but how about adding the option of picking a gate and once they pick a gate the same way the next question
is if they want a follow me car, ask them if they want to pick the route or not, then ask them if they want a follow me.
if that is to much (and I can see why as it is becoming 3 questions when you to busy taxi), it could be an option in the main settings that when picking a gate and/or RW to taxi is it done automatically or user specified.
it could be added value putting it in the main settings as many of us that Fly online , usually will only fly online any way.
but it has to be tested further for user experience

Couldn't we have the option as with the cargo containers, of defining the service vehicle logos by the atc_parking_codes line in the aircraft.cfg?

This has been discussed on our forum, and the reason why the ground operator is based on the atc_parking_codes of the parking, instead of your airplane, is because selecting the operator based on your airline would result in realistic situations, especially when flying internationally.

For example, a parking spot at JFK or KLAX might have codes for european airlines too, but it would be wrong being serviced by a Lufthansa or Alitalia crews at JFK, just because you are flying with that livery. The ground services should be something related to the airport.

What IS related to the atc_parking_codes of the aircraft.cfg right now, are the liveries of the ULD pallets, so if you have that set in your airplane, you'll see ULDs of your own airline being loaded and, most important, you won't end up in funny situation as loading some pallet when departing and unloading different ones at the arrival.

What we'll do in the next update, is to add a menu that will appear as soon as you select a parking, with all suitable operators sorted by their score, with the 1st line always being "let GSX choose" with the automatic choice listed too. This will allow to choose your preferred ground operator (that might not even be of an actual airline, think Menzies, Aviapartner, etc.), but with a better control over the current score system.

[/size]

I have to say I TOTALLY agree with this. AES developper should let the user decide... Easy implementation in the code from them.
I personally hate that automation and that's why until this changes I will NOT buy a single AES credit.

What we'll do in the next update, is to add a menu that will appear as soon as you select a parking, with all suitable operators sorted by their score, with the 1st line always being "let GSX choose" with the automatic choice listed too. This will allow to choose your preferred ground operator (that might not even be of an actual airline, think Menzies, Aviapartner, etc.), but with a better control over the current score system.

Thanks for your explanation which makes perfect sense. Also, it's good to know that in the future we'll have the option to select a ground operator -- this will be a big improvement. I really like how GSX keeps getting better and better -- another reason to hop on board :)
Congratulations to Umberto and the team at fsdt for the avsim gold star award well deserved its a great program.

Can anyone tell me what I have to if the AddOnManager doesn't detect in P3D v2.2 ?!  

I really hope that you can help me...

Thank you in advance

IF YOU DO NOT SEE ANY CONTENT ON THIS PAGE, IT IS BECAUSE
EITHER YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED IN, OR YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED.
You need to register to gain access to any of AVSIM's forum content.
It is free and fast. Click on the "CREATE ACCOUNT" above today.

If you are looking for the File Library Only, click here.

Read Our News Archives - April, 1999 to March, 2012 - 13 Years Worth!

All material included within AVSIM is Copyrighted and may not be reproduced or copied in any form without express written permission from AVSIM Management. Linking to articles and images are allowed under some circumstances, but links must be approved by management before links are established. Images and material holding separate copyright notices are provided exclusively to AVSIM and that copyright remains with the original authors. Images and artwork provided herein shall not be copied, reproduced or used in any other fashion without the express written permission of their respective authors.

Copyright 1997 - 2013 - AVSIM Online
All Rights Reserved

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

Search Articles