Making a Purchase; What to Expect
Your Account Overview
Your Previous Purchases
Store Terms & Conditions
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Your purchases from the AVSIM Store help us to pay the costs of operating AVSIM. Thank you for your support!
FScene for P3D, FSX, FS9!(0 customer reviews)
NEW WORLD TEXTURES - THE ULTIMATE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE
The luxury of a stunning new world to fly over
This file is just over 400 MB in size. We strongly suggest you use a Downloader as opposed to your browser to download this file.
- FScene is widely acknowledged by flightsim enthusiasts as a captivating and subtle makeover for the default scenery of Flight Simulator. Once it's installed you'll wonder how you ever flew without it! The latest version now incorporates replacement textures for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX/FS2004) and Lockheed Martin P3D. The software covers a huge swathe of the planet's surface and will transform your simulated flying in all visual seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter (and a beautiful snowy 'Strong Winter' season).
Because FScene simply replaces the default textures with a different set, it is fully compatible with all available add-ons for a.o. Mesh, Landclass, Photo-real scenery, Airports, Autogen, Environment, Traffic etc.
- Always get the FS2004/FS9 version as a special FREE Bonus!
Flight Simulator uses a large number of textures to define the ground you see when flying, and are applied according to the type of ground you are flying over - desert, fields, villages, cities, forests, woods and so on. These textures also vary depending on the part of the world you are in (so forests in England, for instance, will look different to forests in Australia) and they also vary according to the seasons of the year.
Q. What does FScene4X actually do?
- FScene X provides enhanced replacements for a large proportion of these default textures, to give a much more 3-dimensional visual effect created using shades that are much more realistic for their particular location in the world.
- FScene X does not affect the use of add-ons for roads, rivers, traffic, clouds and autogen, since it replaces only the ground textures in Flight Simulator. - FScene X works perfectly with add-on mesh terrain scenery since it replaces the ground textures in Flight Simulator and, just as the default textures will flow to match the ups & downs of the terrain, so will FScene X.
- FScene X works perfectly with custom airport sceneries - it will only affect the ground outside the perimeter of airports. All the default airports & any custom ones you have installed will appear exactly as intended.
- FScene X is carefully designed to work with the default autogen in Flight Simulator. It also has the added advantage that its enhanced 3D appearance can give the ground a much more 3D appearance even from altitudes where the autogen is no longer visible.
- FScene X will not slow down the performance of Flight Simulator. Some of the replacement textures for FSX are even smaller than the default ground textures. You are therefore likely to see an increased level of performance in some areas after installing FScene X.
- Answer. Flight Simulator uses a large number of textures to define the ground you see when flying. These textures are applied based on the type of ground it is. Farm, rock, desert, fields, villages, towns, cities, forest, woods and so on. They are also varied depending on the part of the world you are in So, for instance, forests in England will look different from forests in Australia. Finally they are varied according to the season of the year. FScene4X provides enhanced replacement for a large proportion of these default textures. Each volume replaces the default textures for a particular area of the world. The FScene4X versions are designed to give a much more 3-Dimensional visual effect and also created using shades that are much more realistic for their location in the world.
- Q. Does FScene4X work in all seasons?
Answer. Yes. FScene4X provides matched replacements for all the seasonal versions of the textures it supplies. The seasonal versions of the textures are carefully designed to give a more realistic variation than that provided by the default.
- Q. Will FScene4X work with 'Roads and Rivers' addons?
Answer. Yes. The default roads are still used by FScene4X and these will be disabled and replaced in the same way
- Q. Will FScene4X work with addon mesh terrain scenery such as MyWorld, FSTerrain, Ultimate Terrain or FSGlobal?
Answer. Yes. FScene4X replaces the ground textures in Flight Simulator and just as the default textures will flow to match the ups and downs of the terrain so will FScene.
Q. Will FScene4X work with custom airport sceneries such as British Airports or World Airports.
Answer. Yes. FScene4X will only affect the ground outside the perimeter of airports. All the default airports and any custom ones you have installed will appear exactly as intended. Only the ground outside the airport will be changed and the increased realism of the FScene4X textures should make your airports look even better from a distance.
Q. Will FScene4X work with photographic terrain scenery such as the VFR Photographic scenery packages available for England and some other parts of Europe?
Answer. Yes. The way Flight Simulator handles Photographic scenery is different from the way it handles the normal ground terrain. With Photographic terrain Flight Simulator prevents the display of the normal ground textures and replaces them with individual photographic tiles. The same is true of the default Flight Simulator ground textures they are turned off in areas where Photographic scenery is in use. You can still install and use FScene4X even if you have photographic scenery for some areas. Outside the photographic areas the FScene textures will appear. Inside the photographic areas the new ground textures will not be visible.
- Q. Does FScene4X affect the Flight Simulator Autogen trees and buildings?
Answer. No. FScene4X is carefully designed to work with the default autogen in Flight Simulator. It also has the added advantage that its enhanced 3D appearance can give the ground a much more 3 Dimensional appearance even from heights where the autogen is no longer visible.
- Q. Will FScene4X slow down the performance of Flight Simulator?
Answer. No. Definitely not. The replacement textures are of exactly the same size and format as the default ground textures. You will see exactly the same level of performance after installing FScene.
- Q. Will FScene4X make any permanent changes to my Flight Simulator that cannot be undone?
Answer. No. Just replace the ..scenery/world/texture folder with the backup you made when installing FScene4X.