Sign in to follow this  
Guest akirabbq

PLN2RTE released.

Guest akirabbq

Good news is PLN2RTE is out now. Bad news is I uploaded the wrong build to avism! :( Actually I had tried to resend the file yesterday, but somehow avsim preserved the wrong one...Anyway I will upload to avsim again today, while I've mirrored the file at:http://www.geocities.com/akirabbq/PLN2RTE.zipPLN2RTE is an utility for converting FS2002/FS9's flight plan (.pln) into .rte format. The .rte format is compatible with the PMDG's 737 FMC.Sorry for any incovenicence that I have made, especially for those 250+ people who have already downloaded the wrong build from avsim today.Regards,Alan ChanHKPCUG

Guest amerton

Hey, cool !If you need info on the PMDG .rte format, or have questions, don't hesitate.drop me a line at amerton@precisionmanuals.com !cheersanthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Anthony,We have been requested to add RTE file support for the flight plan display in our FSWidgets iGMap apps for iPhone and iPad.I checked out the file format and have already written some code to extract the relevant info we need to plot the flight plan display. It doesn't seem to be too complex, but rather than guessing I would be grateful if you could let me know a bit about the structure of the data.I can be contacted via fermin(at)fswidgets.comThanks for your help,PS. Tried your email above but it returns with a "No such user here" message.

Fermin Fernandez
FSWidgets & TweakFS Developer
Melbourne, Australia (UTC+10)
FSWidgets  logo.png

You guys raised up an 8 year old forum thread rather than just emailing us through our website?Anthony Merton left PMDG over 6 years ago. We do not currently have a file that explains the .rte format. The format is changing somewhat with the NGX anyway - we'll have something available explaining it after release.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You guys raised up an 8 year old forum thread rather than just emailing us through our website?Anthony Merton left PMDG over 6 years ago. We do not currently have a file that explains the .rte format. The format is changing somewhat with the NGX anyway - we'll have something available explaining it after release.
Theres an answer to another popular question, the NGX will require a different txt format in the AIRAC cycles.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Hi Ryan, I came to this post via a more recent one:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/325079-rte-file-format/page__p__1917288__hl__pln2rte__fromsearch__1#entry1917288 In my haste to reply I neglected to check the time stamp, sorry.Does this mean that RTE files are (or will be) aircraft-specific or do they work in all PMDG FMC's?

Fermin Fernandez
FSWidgets & TweakFS Developer
Melbourne, Australia (UTC+10)
FSWidgets  logo.png

IMHO it would be great if the LNAV essentials for all PMDG.rte files could be used in all PMDG models, even if certain other type-specific features were not usable in transmission. Obviously, the real bore is having to re-key plans just because you switch from JS41 to 737.In evident ignorance of the technalities, but in hope! :( Best wishes,David