Sign in to follow this  
Sharrow

744X Freighter VC display issues

HiAm having some issues with the 744X freighter VC where the edges of the "no smoking" panels to either side of the captain and FO seat flash from light to dark. Difficult to capture the effect in a screenshot so have just outlined the areas in question. 744X pax version is fine.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190647.jpgThe second issue concerns the dome lighting, again only in the 744X freighter. When switched on all the panels above the windscreen go all haywire and look corrupted. Screenshot with affected area attached.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190648.jpgFinally, the strobe light can be seen flashing through the roof of the virtual cabin, again in the freighter. Not sure if this also occurs in the pax version (as it is behind a mostly closed door).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190649.jpgI do not have any of these issues with the pax version of the 744X. Furthermore I am almost sure that these issues only started after the latest update.Anyone else experiencing these problems?ThanksKonrad

Konrad

Konrad,All of the problems you've listed have been reported by other customers.I am personally looking into this right now. A solution has already been found for the flashing window sills. If a solution is found for the other issues, and we decide to issue an update in the future, these fixes will be included.Thank you for your detailed post.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for..._md11_click.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Hi VinI tried to find something related on the forums but obviously not hard enough. Great to hear you're on it!Konrad

Konrad

Can I just add that I have this exact same problem. Mainly seen just above the windscreen, but also flickering around e.g. the chart lights.Reminds me of the effect you get at e.g. KBOS if you have ground shadows on. Don't know if that helps, but I thought I'd mention it. I have only flown the 400F so far, so will check if I have the issue on the px version.Utterly amazing addon, btw. This texture issue is the only one I've yet found. Even as a newbie I've flown a dozen flights without a hitch; the lack of gremlins and "interesting features" is first class, I am a PMDG convert good and proper.

Paul Skol

A solution has already been found for the flashing window sills.Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.com
Can someone please tell me what the solution is and where I can find it? I have been searching the forum for the fix to this but can't locate the fix.Thanks in advance.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Can someone please tell me what the solution is and where I can find it? I have been searching the forum for the fix to this but can't locate the fix.Thanks in advance.Sean Campbell
SeanAs far as I know the flashing window sills has never been fixed, which is odd considering Vin was looking into the fix 2 years ago! :( Brent

Konrad,All of the problems you've listed have been reported by other customers.I am personally looking into this right now. A solution has already been found for the flashing window sills. If a solution is found for the other issues, and we decide to issue an update in the future, these fixes will be included.Thank you for your detailed post.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for..._md11_click.jpg
hi Vin,i purchased the 747X within a week after it's release. i noticed the flashing beacon in the -F VC on the first flight. i know this will sound strange, but the only time i've seen the flashing beacon in the VC is when the A/C is in flight. i've never seen it flashing with the A/C on the ground. also, as the OP mentioned, i've never seen the flahsing beacon nor the flashing window sills in the Pax version-in the air nor on the ground.let me know if i can be of assistance with any of these issues.happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

SeanAs far as I know the flashing window sills has never been fixed, which is odd considering Vin was looking into the fix 2 years ago! :( Brent
I guess I could always send Vin a PM and ask him directly since he's the one who stated there was a fix for it.In the mean time I wonder if I could alias the -F VC for the PAX version of the VC and avoid the whole texture problem all at once. Not sure if it would work, but I think putting an alias in the comments secion of the model.cfg is all it takes or something to that effect. The only thing is I dont know if everything would still work right if I did that.Frankly, the VC texture issues in the freighter model are the only thing that keeps me from flying that variation more often and honestly I dont want to buy the extension just to get it to go away.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator