Sign in to follow this  
Chrjs

MD-11 FCOM Part 4 Performance missing

me too,i have 10+ pages for VREF but nothing for TO. DTO/Flex-Data and V1/R/2 numbers would be really handy........the manuals are awesome.... just finished to read through the systems...chrjschristopher volle

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Guest FrancoisH

Exactly what I was asking for in the update topic.

Paul-What "gives" is that the information is not available for publication through the data owner, Boeing.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Danipelos

Content of post removed and not answered because this user needs to read and adhere to the forum guidelines.Sign your name to posts in this forum please.

>Paul->>What "gives" is that the information is not available for>publication through the data owner, Boeing.>>That makes me sad :(Paul

Guest FrancoisH

I suppose this is THE point that made you not releasing the PDF manual before as you said 2 days ago in your updates...So I suppose as well that it IS included in the final product but not freely available ! Do these information are in the printed manual ?Regards.EDIT // My question about printed manual is stupid because it say that " Performance Data: Various performance tables useful to the PMDG MD-11 pilot" are included in FCOM so I suppose it will be in the product version of the manual.

Hi, I miss the FCOM Part 4 with the performance tables (N1, FLEX T/O etc.) Any reason why it is not there compared to the 747, 737? Jan-Paul

Francois-I'm not sure where you may have picked up the impression that the manuals in the finished product are different from those available now by download.The manuals that come with the product, are the same as the ones that are available for download from our site, which are identical to those available for purchase in bound format.There is nothing coming in the product manuals that you can't already get from the download site. We have mentioned many times that they are identical.To be more clear on the point of why we will not include perf tables for this airplane:Boeing owns the performance data for the MD-11, and all of the information contained in the manuals. They have licensed us to provide you with some 1440 pages of information, but they do not want perf data published in the public domain.As such, they would not allow us to include it with the product, in spite of the fact that we obviously used it for the development process.As Dr. Vaos pointed out already in another thread, the FMC on this airplane will do a marvelous job of giving you the values you need for flight.I have numerous type ratings in an array of airplanes- and the only people I have never used the perf tables in any of those manuals except once during a recent verbal exam when I needed to do a manual weight an balance. (Which, to any line pilot borders on reason to cancel the segment!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>I have numerous type ratings in an array of airplanes- and the>only people I have never used the perf tables in any of those>manuals except once during a recent verbal exam when I needed>to do a manual weight an balance. (Which, to any line pilot>borders on reason to cancel the segment!)>Robert, Don't tell my company that, all the weight and balance manually and have to use the RTOW performance tables - non of these state of the art laptops that do it for us:-)All the very best,James

Guest FrancoisH

Hello Robert,I thought it was to be included as it was with the Boeign. I used extended tables on many planes for D-TO essentially and for some personnal training around weight and balance... That's why I was wondering about tables.I don't really understand why, when Boeing do not sell anymore this plane, they want to keep those "not released"... seems a bit curious to me, especially when there's ... other... way to get it (illegaly, I admit).I recognize as well I use a tool now named TOPCAT for my derate calculation at's it's more easy to use :(Regards.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airports/acaps/md11sec3.pdfIn all honesty, if someone wanted to know the performance of the aircraft, they'd buy, borrow or steal one. The pilots need the perf tables anyway, so I think this might be a case of the large corporate paranoia more than anything. :(If you want tables, you could always create your own. PMDG seem fairly confident their auto calcs in the FMS are very accurate, so you could sit there and just churn out figures for different GWs. :) It's all the tables would do anyway.You could go one further and test-fly the sim and produce performance figures (based on the sim) so you have charts that are accurate to the sim. It takes time, but can be done (I've done it in the past). I find custom length runways useful for determining takeoff/stopping distance. ;)Best regards,Robin.

Guest FrancoisH

You know... I have some time avaible ahead of me but not that crazy about tables to do this (yet)... maybe in a really next future if I find it missing too much :)Regards.