Sign in to follow this  

Toggle Switch Circuit

Guest MikePowell

Harry,A good solution, nicely documented and presented.Thanks,Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest DavidJ

Hi Harry,Is Harry S perhaps a Dutch cockpit builder?Have you visited the dutch cockpit builders forum on avsim?David

Guest AirPanther

Very nice work!A very similar circuit showed up on FlightSim.com a few months ago. Great idea, but quite expensive considering you need one relay for every switch.Here is a suggestion... swap the relay with an SCR. It serves exactly the same purpose in this scenario and costs less than $1 each. That technique has worked well for me and has saved me $$$.Awesome work!Robertwww.777Project.cjb.net

Hi Robert,thanks for the hint, just...what is an SCR ? Being rather a physicist than an electronic engineer I'm not (yet !) really in the business, just try to think out simple solutions with basic electronic knowledge. That's why I'm grateful to you.Furthermore I'd still support the idea of an online dictionary for us simmers...HarryS

Hi David,yes I am (though builder still sounds ambitious to me in this stage) and yes I have: great forum as well. I'll be member soon if there's room left :-)Greetings, HarryS

Hi Mike,thanks for your comment. Let me give something back: your www.mikesflightdeck.com certainly isn't just a walhalla for (wannabee-) cockpit builders but is beautifully designed as well. I really appreciate your non-ILS-approach of items and people.Greetings, Harry

Guest mmorrell

Harry,An SCR is a Silicon Controlled Rectifier - basically a solid state switch. It does not conduct until its gate (a small third terminal) is triggered by a dc pulse or series of pulses. Once triggered into conduction it continues passing current even if the trigger pulse is removed. The current ceases when the applied ac voltage goes through the next zero crossing. The SCR will not conduct again until the line voltage becomes positive and its gate is triggered again. Regards -mm