•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .

BN-2B Islander ZFDS

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Inactive Member_Allano_***

Inactive Member_Allano_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:56 PM

I just went to that site and downloaded every thing. We have a lot of Islanders here in Scotland. They fly from Glasgow and service the remote Northern islands where most of the airports are nothing more than a control tower on the beach. They carry everything from passengers to cargo and mail though they have competition from the twin otter now. A lot of these island commuities couldnt survive with out the regular Islander flights. Found a nice one a while back on the avsim library in Scottish Air Ambulance colours which I flew on the sim regular. When the real aircraft it was based on crashed last year, I felt a great loss, as if it was my aircraft and crew.Thank for pointing us all to that site.Allano

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Inactive Member_dogknot_***

Inactive Member_dogknot_***
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

You're welcome. I tried their site out just on a fluke. I think there is one mention of it for more repaints. Lucked out.Happy Flying! :-wave

#3 Inactive Member_lemonadedrinker_***

Inactive Member_lemonadedrinker_***
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 04:43 PM

Hi, Thanks for that Brent. There's always a Read Me that is generally ignored by those who think they know better-- and who, thereby generally come unstuck through not being quite so clever as they think they are. I am not one of those of course. I read the Read ME thoroughly 4 or possibly 5 times and must have just missed the reference to the website.It should have been noted in larger letters :+ Andy.

#4 Inactive Member_dogknot_***

• Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:43 AM

>Hi,>I downloaded this nice little bird, but am now confused as the>manual shows 2 panels and there was only one in the d/l.>Any thoughts!??>Andy.Yes, that threw me too. I finally figured out to go to their website mentioned in the readme (http://www.m-r-software.de/). Click on BN-2 Islander with the British flag to get the page in english. Scroll down a bit and grab "BN32Snd2.zip" for the twin engine sounds (you won't need BN32Rest.zip as stated since the new model from avsim is the updated version), then scroll to "BN-2B Deluxe: D-ILUX" and download. This model and panel has the fan and cd player. It has some type of installer, but I just manually copy/pasted the "panel.b" folder, "model.mc" folder and "texture.dilux" into the original BN2 folder. Add the texture into the aircraft.cfg as follows:[fltsim.Xx] //<---change to next sequential numbertitle=BN-2B - D-ILUX - BN-2B Deluxe Demonstratorsim=BN2model=mcpanel=bsound=texture=diluxchecklists=BN-2_Checklistdescription=Britten Norman BN-2B, deluxe edition of M-R-Industries: Ident: D-ILUXatc_airline=atc_id=DILUXatc_flight_number=879ui_manufacturer=Britten Normanui_type=BN-2Bui_variation=BN-2B Deluxe Demonstrator_cd player-fanatc_heavy=0

#5 Inactive Member_lemonadedrinker_***

Inactive Member_lemonadedrinker_***
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:50 AM

Hi,I downloaded this nice little bird, but am now confused as the manual shows 2 panels and there was only one in the d/l.Any thoughts!??Andy.

#6 Hawkeyez

Hawkeyez

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,438 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 1 Month and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:58 PM

Coolio ! :-)Cheers...

#7 Inactive Member_EdrickV_***

Inactive Member_EdrickV_***
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:27 PM

As I recall, the BN-2A (the one the BFU repaint goes with) has the same features. There are also stairs and a pitot tube cover thing you can activate by clicking on objects in the cockpit door's pocket."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

#8 Inactive Member_dogknot_***

• Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:09 PM

Bill, Yes, your BFU repaint works fine with this model. Just have to make a couple of changes inside the aircraft.cfg[fltsim.2]title=BN-2A - BFUsim=BN2model= //<---leave model blankpanel=a //<---change to panel a or bsound=texture=bfuchecklists=BN2A_check_DI.txtdescription=BN-2A Islanderatc_airline=atc_id=N198BFatc_flight_number=12ui_manufacturer=Britten Normanui_type=BN-2Aui_variation=Bush Flying UNlimitedatc_heavy=0atc_parking_codes=LWhttp://forums.avsim....iles/149345.jpg

#9 Hawkeyez

Hawkeyez

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,438 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 1 Month and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:42 PM

Hmmm...I wonder if my BFU paintjob fits this new model...? Anyone wanna try it for me...?Cheers...

#10 Inactive Member_dogknot_***

• Guests

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

Gotta see_BN-2B Islander ZFDS --------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://library.avsim...=root&Go=SearchPretty neat Britten Norman BN-2B. The "wing fold" command opens the engine compartments and an animated mechanic goes to work! Pushback is worth a look too.Add passengers (1-9), individual "click" sunscreens, pilot window, click the goodies in the pilot door pocket for air stair and pitot/engine warn flags. Some fun stuff. Not a bad plane either!

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!