•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

Bill Lyons Custom Classic J-3 Cub with Tundra (Bush)Tires?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeyez

Hawkeyez

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,438 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 1 Month and 3 Days Ago.

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

>Hi Guys, >Bill.>You have an open job in the job forum area, You want me to>just clean it back up? or are you still working on it?> >Later>Have Fun :-vuur>Allan Oops... my bad. Apologies Alan. RL just has me so darned busy these days I barely have time to think, let alone fly.If you could, just clean it up for some more frequent flier than I.Thanx sir.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Inactive Member_JamesMc_***

Inactive Member_JamesMc_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:56 AM

No problem. my apologies I didn't think about that. I'm so used to Youtube it just doesn't even cross my mind. It is a shame we can't share a televised National Geographic video though :( Oh well.

#3 Inactive Member_Allan_D_***

Inactive Member_Allan_D_***
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:38 AM

Hi Guys, James.I'm sorry that I had to delete your message, we are not supposed to provide links to copyrighted materials like on YouTube or others.Bill.You have an open job in the job forum area, You want me to just clean it back up? or are you still working on it? LaterHave Fun :-vuurAllan [font color=red size=1]BFU Job Manager and Co-Moderator[/font]and PuppyBush Flying Unlimitedhttp://avsim.com/han.../bfu/logo70.gif

#4 Hawkeyez

Hawkeyez

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:32 AM

That's the one !I wonder if it's possible to pull the video off of YouTube...?Cheers... Bill

#5 Inactive Member_EdrickV_***

Inactive Member_EdrickV_***
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:49 AM

Don't know about a download link, but I found a VHS tape for sale that seems to be it:http://www.amazon.co...75063976&sr=1-1Registry number on the cover plane matches the Youtube video."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

#6 Hawkeyez

Hawkeyez

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:45 PM

Okay, so here's a case of where my brain wasn't quite in 1st gear when I asked my previous question. I'd read the initial post and thought I saw something different.There's an Alaska flying vid, National Geographic I think, with Jake whats-his-name (I think) being flown around... it was a 5 or 6 part post on YouTube.Does anyone know where a download link for what I just described might reside...?Cheers... Bill

#7 Holger

Holger

Member - 2,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Commercial Member
  • 2,523 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 8 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

Hi Bill,here's the link to Jeff's site: http://chicago054.se...f/mf_movies.htmCheers, Holger

#8 Hawkeyez

Hawkeyez

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:34 AM

>I have a misty fjords video made by Jeff Greth showing a>custom classics J-3 cub with tundra (bush) tires taking off>from antelope trail ranch. The cub also had a paint scheme for>air alaska. Does anyone know where I could find both the paint>scheme and the cub. I already have the cub4free, but this file>does not contain the cub tundra tire version. Any help would>be appreciated.Is there a spot (link) that provides the vid's to download...? I've only seen them on YouTube.Cheers... Bill

#9 Inactive Member_EdrickV_***

Inactive Member_EdrickV_***
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:14 PM

Given that filename, I found it here:http://www.flightxpr.../files1106.htmlSeems like it is an update to the Cub that adds the tundra tire model and that repaint."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

#10 Inactive Member_CaptainCernick_***

Inactive Member_CaptainCernick_***
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:43 AM

Thanks Dennis, I'll take a look.

#11 Inactive Member_marine1_***

Inactive Member_marine1_***
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:01 PM

The file name for this particular cub is CubFs9D.zip. I found on a danish web site. Dennis

#12 Inactive Member_CaptainCernick_***

Inactive Member_CaptainCernick_***
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:40 AM

That series of videos are brilliant, they're saved to my HD and I still occasionally watch them. And in fact I was wondering the same thing. I hope you'll let us know when you get an answer.

#13 Inactive Member_marine1_***

Inactive Member_marine1_***
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:55 PM

I politely disagree. The cub in the video is a J-3 not a supercub. Credits at the end of the video list cub by Custom Classics. I e-mailed Jeff Greth about the cub in his video. Hopefully he answers my inquiry. Thanks for the replies.

#14 Inactive Member_tango papa_***

Inactive Member_tango papa_***
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:35 PM

Holger is correct about the Aero package for the Super Cub. BFU has textures for the Aero Beaver and Super Cub, for all models.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

#15 Holger

Holger

Member - 2,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 2,523 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 8 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:42 AM

Hi there,I believe that's the payware Aerosoft model: http://www.fsimcafe....spx?ReviewID=21Cheers, HolgerP.S.: Note that the price has come down a lot since its original release, it's now at 8 Euros: http://www.aerosoft....9718860,DF01348