Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Message to Braun Tacon and W. Sieffert/ Re- ABit BD-7

Hi guys,Firstly, thanks for the help and interest you provided me week ago in the A7 POST error I was having. Braun, it appeared from a post of your's that it could be a BIOS version incompatibility with the new 1.8AG P4 (512 L1 cache).Here's an update: I exchanged the ABit BD-7 for a BD-7II (which is advertised by ABit as having "support for new Pentium processors"). The new board does not have a hex display, however it did go into continuous beep mode shortly after turn-on.I had also gotten a response from TomsHardware, suggesting the A7 error (Award BIOS) could be a memory error. I purchased locally a 128 stick of PC-2100, and this seemed to do the trick. More strangely, when I inserted the 512M stick I had originally used, it worked OK too. Anyway- I'm up and running to a C: prompt right now.Thanks again,Bruce.

Congrats.Strange things these PC's.Cheers,