Sign in to follow this  
Guest kstow26

ASX SImConnect vis SDK SP2

Guest kstow26

Can some please help.. I have installed FSX with SP2 and also SDK SP2 on my server.On my client I have ASX and XG installed with SDK SP1 I cant get it to connect to each other. I have read in previous posting that you run SDK SP2 on server and SDK SP1 on clients is this true. I cant get the AITraffic to talk is just shuts dow quickly. Please could you show me the .XML file in a picture to better understand. The ASX Networking only shows for SDK SP1 and Im connecting SP2. the XML files are different.All correct files are being shared and other programs are working via the FSUIPC but the simconnect is not doing anything so my network is setup correctly but Im thinking i have something wrong in my XML file on my server under APP FSX folder. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated...

Hi,Here you are:SimConnect.xml:In order for local as well as remote add-ons to operate correctly within FSX, care must be taken to have a proper SimConnect.xml configuration file setup.You will need two Comm sections, one global (for network connections) and one local (for local connections).A sample recommended .xml file is located in your XEngine installation folder (SimConnectFiles subfolder). Copy this file to your [ApplicationDataFolder]MicrosoftFSX folder then edit it to adjust the values shown (ApplicationDataFolder is:For Windows XP: C:Documents and Settings[uSERNAME]Application DataFor Vista: C:Users[uSERNAME]AppDataRoaming):First Section (global)For Protocol,IPv4 should be used.Example: IPv4For Address,use either the computer name or the physical IP address of this SERVER. This MUST be correct and the same address specified in the client's simconnect.cfg file.Example:

For Port,use any port you wish to enable for SimConnect communications. We suggest port 500. This port will need to be enabled in any software firewall programs you are running (including windows firewall).Example: 500Here is an example:FalseIPv4global
645004096FalseSecond Section (local)It is important that the local section be exactly as specified otherwise local connections may not work correctly:FalseAutolocalThanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest kstow26

Jim, Hi thanks for the quick response. I think Im still confused in the XML. When I had everything setup Server and Client before with SDK SP1 everything except the XGauge worked and I was good with that. But now that I have upgraded to SDK SP2 on my Server, I cant get anything to work. Here is a copy of what I think is correct after seeing your post. Please if wrong correct and repost. Keep in mind I have PD FSUIPC 4.20 and WideClient 6.75 for my PM software over my network. So wans't to sure what stays local and what changes to global.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnect Server ConfigurationSimConnect.xmlFalseFalseIPv4global

645004096FalseFalseAutolocal

Guest karlh

I've been reading about these issues today. Six hours of dealing it. And I was wondering what I was going to do today to kill some time:) I have a couple of questions and some observations.First, the networkedconfig.html really should be updated and kept in a prominent place. With all the updates to FSX, and FSX SDK and ASX who can tell be reading the docs what is current, comapatible and so on. I would think that a utility the queried a user as to what version of what was where could link the user to the right set of instructions misght be helpful. That'd be an easy one for folks such as yourselves wouldn't it?All of the documentation refers to SDK 1 being on the client machine. What about SDK1a or SDK2? Does that make a difference?In the networkedconfig.html step 5 users are instructed to use the AI Traffic program to test the install of simconnect. ["The AI Traffic.exe example program (located in the SDK Installation folderSDKCore Utilities KitSimConnect SDKSamplesAI Traffic) should be run after the SERVER

Guest kstow26

Karl, You hit the nail right on the head. I have been battling it for 3 days myself. Why is it that I can run everything else that I have via wideFS 6.75 but ASX needs simconnect?? I updated my FSX to SP2 which needs SDK SP2 to work correctly. So after installing all of that my ASX was unable to connect using simconnect,"here we go!!!" Every simmer knows when something does not work were up till the weeeeee ours of the morning try to fix it, its just in our nature. HAHA As you can see from previous help in this form I was told to start over which I have done and still nothing. I just wanted to fly my money pit, so I said to #### with it over the network and installed it on my server PC, set it up installed the textures from ASX and GX then closed them opened FSX and wallaaa ASX is depectiing and installing new scenery and weather!! Well good luck and hope to see you around.Maybe you can get a better help than most. ASX team, please find a way for the SP3 for ASX to work via FSUIPC and WideFS and get rid of this simconnect!! HiFi is the only software that I am aware of that needs Simconnect. Might not seem hard to setup for someone that programs and setups for a living, but the little guys are suffering and your headaches would go away I promise. One the up side though once it is running it is a wonderful program and makes things more realistic.

Guest karlh

Thanks for the support Kris. I would run ASX on one machine but asx crashes when I do. That's started me on this networked cfg. In previous versions I never enjoyed Active Sky until I learned how to network it. This is getting whacky though.

Guest kstow26

Well now dont I feel like a retard!!!! AITraffic CONNECTED!!!!!Well got it working.. Karl try this one make sure you have FSX SP2 and SDK SP2 installed on your server then copy the below .xml file text into your App Data folder under FSX open exsiting file right click open with notepad then delete all and paste this. Make sure you change and put your Server IP address in where the "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" is. the rest remains the same.On my client machines I have only SDK SP1 installed. Be sure to run the Simconnect.msi under SDK/lib folder after each install on your clients. So basically install SDK run simconnect.msi then install SDK SP1 then install it's simconnect.msi. Be sure to set up all three folders on your server and your My documents folder on your client all with printer and file share! good Luck hope this helps. Oh yeah Run FSX "THEN" try the AITraffic!!!!... hahah its doesn't say that one in the network config.pdf file or does it! hahaha good luck<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnect Server ConfigurationSimConnect.xmlFalseFalseIPv4global

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
645004096FalseFalseAutolocal

Guest karlh

I found the following in topic http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=38343on the client machine :uninstall all simconnect clients (add/remove programs)1)install the SDK form the DVD 1 FSX de luxe SDK folderRUN Simconnect.msi (double click)2)install SDK SP1ARUN Simconnect.msi (double click)I found it is needed to RUN the Simconnect.msi file after each SDK install, without that for me it was also a NO GO.Now I have in the add/remove programs :Microsoft Flightsimulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61242.0Microsoft Flightsimulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK SP1AI did't dare to install the FSX SDK SP2 update on the client, but it is installed on the server (FSX machine), because all worked well after installing and running the SP1A.Hope this helpspatrick__________________________________Now I did the same thing but in my Add/Remove programs I have something different:Microsoft Flightsimulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61905.0Microsoft Flightsimulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61242.0Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK SP1AI think the Microsoft Flightsimulator SimConnect Client v10.0.61259.0 is for the SP2. I won't tell him if you don't. But it's working. ASX just loaded with any error messages. Now to put the graphics on.

Guest kstow26

Karl, Great work on amending the ASX .config file. It does make it more clear on how to setup the ASX software on a network using all versions of SDK for Simconnect. Now hopefully Jim from HiFi will copy and paste into there site for all to see.. Way to go. The best part of it all was the "Done" at the end. Love it. One thing bothers me though have you tried your XGauge on FSX over the network yet? I get mine up running in FSX but it never shows a picture just keeps saying "New Imagery Downloading..." if any thought to this please send over info. Thanks have a great weekend!!!

Guest karlh

I've not tried that. One of the things that started all this was FSX crashing a lot and ASX crashing evertime after about 5 minutes. I suspected the XGraphics might be the culprit. I was wrong. I'm glad I have the ASX issue figured out. But FSX is still crashing so I -uninstalled FSX (after backing it up) -reinstalled FSX -installed FSX SP1 and everything was fine. Then I installed FSX SP2 and Crash. No add-ons, just stock MS software. So here goes the next project eh? Can't even think about put XGraphics in until this is fixed. At least ASX gets a chance to load the weather from a networked PC first:)btw HiFi I am really glad (and not so suprised ) that the issue was a Microsoft issue not a HiFi issue.

Guest kstow26

Well good luck on your insomnia problem, dosen't look like its going away any time soon. :) I have FSX SP2 with SDK SP2 on my server with only a couple of add-ons (Ultimate traffice and Vatsim FSInn) the and on my clients ( SDK SP1) running over the network using wideFS is Project Magenta and FSCommander software, and we all know that only the HiFi guys use Simconnect running ASX and XGraphics both SP2. At this time everything is working flawlessly (shouldn't have said that) for the exception of XGauge. Now, to help you with your FSX crash. This might not sound right at all but has helped me in the past with ASX and FSX crashing is to re-install your video driver and directX and when that didnt work I had to completely re-install my XP (cross fingers). Beyond that I hate to say your in a new kinda of territory. Try also shutting down your network and try to run FSX alone to make sure it is ASX causing the failure. It shouldn't be XGraphics because how I use Xgraphics is open up XG, load my textures I want, close the program then I open ASX input my flight plan create my weather (if not playing on Vatsim) then on the flight plan Brief page you can install XGrpahic textures and ASX all in one then start FSX. If shutting down your network and FSX works fine then you atleast know what is causing it. Good luck and if you need anything Ill see you post and put my two cents in, where is Jim from HiFi, does he have any thoughts on FSX crashing? Take care and dont forget to eat and sleep, this is what my wife tells me.. HAHA

Hi All,I am here! But in a thread such as this it is very hard to keep issues straight. We have always asked that a new thread be started to help us stay organized in our thoughts and suggestions. So please start a new thread per problem.Thanks!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Now I'm an inactive user? I don't feel like I'm inactive:) Actually just making a note to bring this topic current. Having similar issues with ASN and want to be able to find it when I choose to work on it