SMACK! Actually, you may have some good ideas, but I'll leave it to Jan, Fred, and Hansi to figure out when the time comes.As for the "takeoff smoke", I can't duplicate it in either FS9 or FSX. So, the question is: What are you smoking, HoggyDog? Seriously, we've never had a report of this phenomenon. Which plane and which sim were you using, and does it happen at different default airports? Anyone else seeing the touchdown tire smoke effect at the moment of liftoff?
Yes, I know. I should be able to find more useful stuff to obsess about. Slap me. http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot...
The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Airline2Sim Q400 Training half price weekend....
- Aerosoft Katana 4X 40% Off
- FS Deal of the Week - MilViz Ju-87 Stuka - 30% OFF
- FS Deal of the Week - MSE 2.0 Washington - 50% OFF
- FS Deal of the Week - MilViz B-55 Barons - 30% OFF
- FS Deal of the Week - MSE Portugal - Half Price!
- Real Air Lancair Legacy 50%off
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- Traffic 360 $8 at just flight
- Any exciting Labor Day sales for FSX/P3D?
- Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals
- Looking for Saitek Pro Flight throttle spare black knob
- Original Downloaded from FSPS - FSX FIBER ACCELERATOR
- AA 757-767 Set of Operating Manuals & Captains Case
- Markings Template for Saitek Throttle Quadrant (Airbus-Boeing All in One)
- WANTED Goflight throttle head set for GF-TQ6(not Advanced)
- FS 2004 and FSX add ons for sale!
- Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle/Joystick set
- For Sale: iFly 737NG (FSX Base, P3D Base, Cockpit Builders Edition Upgrade)
- EVGA GTX560TI 2gb $100+ shipping
. . .
How would you redesign the world's finest aircraft?
Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:59 PM
Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:31 PM
Wow- I just assumed that everyone was experiencing this. I am flying the MAAM-SIM R4D-6 Bare Metal airplane, "stock" except for the HSI/Gyro panel addon available in the library here, using FSX SP1 **without** SP2 or the "transparency fix."This occurs 100% of the time, at all airports from which I have taken off in this airplane, requiring only that I be using an exterior view at the moment of liftoff. I thought about trying to get a screenie of the tires smoking at liftoff (to prove that the hemp I'm smoking is USDA approved), but a still shot wouldn't "prove" whether I was lifting off or touching down... unless one wanted to infer flight phase based on flaps being retracted... but of course it is perfectly possible to touch down in a slightly-tail-low wheel landing attitude 2/3 along a runway with flaps retracted... which would be indistinguishable from a takeoff in a still picture...I would be glad to attempt a video capture of this happening and email it to the MAAM-SIM team... if I knew how to do a vid cap in FSX... or who to email it to...*wanders aimlessly away, idly chatting to no one in particular*
As for the "takeoff smoke", I can't duplicate it in either FS9 or FSX. So, the question is: What are you smoking, HoggyDog? http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot... Seriously, we've never had a report of this phenomenon. Which plane and which sim were you using, and does it happen at different default airports? Anyone else seeing the touchdown tire smoke effect at the moment of liftoff?
Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:50 PM
Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:37 AM
News flash: I just captured two videos of R4D-6 tire smoke at liftoff- one at Atlanta Hartsfield and one at London Heathrow. Unfortunately, the AVI files are 4-5 GIGAbytes each, so I guess the only way to get them to any MAAM-SIM person is burn them to a DVD and snail-mail it.Please let me know if you want me to do that and if so, to whom (address etc.). Thanks.
I would be glad to attempt a video capture of this happening and email it to the MAAM-SIM team... if I knew how to do a vid cap in FSX... or who to email it to...
Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:09 PM
Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:55 PM
Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:38 AM
Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:45 PM
Alan Bradbury - firstname.lastname@example.org
Run! Get to da choppaaa!
Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:04 AM
Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:09 AM