Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vermeirea

PSS Airbus Series conversion to FSX

Guest Herbie_K

HI Gustavo!Are you trying to add this line to your FSX configuration-file? [Main] SimObjectPaths.6=aircraft) Did you make all those other changes in your PSS-pro axxx cfg. file? Did you downloaded the: pss2fsx3.zip file and read the Instruction careful? Did you had a PSS airbus flying nicely in FS9 before you try the FSX import? Those are a lot of question, but I don't want, that you screw-up your computer. Please notice: there is a problem with the MCDU, it has to be reprogrammed every time you load the airbus. My FSX CFG file is in C:/Documents and Settings/users name/Application Data/Microsoft/FSX. Hope this help you. Herb[Main] SimObjectPaths.6=aircraft

Guest gustavobernal

>HI Gustavo!>Are you trying to add this line to your FSX>configuration-file? [Main] SimObjectPaths.6=aircraft) Did you>make all those other changes in your PSS-pro axxx cfg. file?>Did you downloaded the: pss2fsx3.zip file and read the>Instruction careful? Did you had a PSS airbus flying nicely in>FS9 before you try the FSX import? Those are a lot of>question, but I don't want, that you screw-up your computer.>Please notice: there is a problem with the MCDU, it has to be>reprogrammed every time you load the airbus. My FSX CFG file>is in C:/Documents and Settings/users name/Application>Data/Microsoft/FSX. Hope this help you. Herb>>>[Main] SimObjectPaths.6=aircraftHello thanks for the response:1) I am trying to add the line to the FSX configuration file but I can still not find it even with the location you gave me.2)I have not made any changes so far as I have not been able to perform the first step.3) I downloaded the pss2fsx3 4)I did not have the PSS airplanes working on this computer before I had them in another computer with FS2002 working just fine. The thing is that I have a new computer and I am living in another country now and my old computer is 3000 km far from here so I bought the airplanes again without checking if they would work in FSX and surprise they did not, so checking in the forum to try find a solution I found your article and here we are. so the status is this the airplanes are intalled on the FSX folder and that's it My computer is a DELL XPS M1710 with a Centrino Duo T7400 2GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GForce Go 7950GTX with 512 MB running Windows Vista Home Premium

Amedee, I can't locate your file in the library?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Vermeirea

Hi,Have a look in flightsim.com library, it's still there. It was always there and not in the Avsim library.Best regards,Amedee

Guest fmalder

Hello guysPlease, during a long time I am disconeted from sim world.There are any file that explain how to convert pss a320 to flight in fsx enviorement.Thank you for your help.See You.Fmalder.

Guest vrandar

The PSS airbus Pro was originally written for FS2002 and patched for FS9. There are no plans to further upgrade it to FSX. We have to hope that those on the top floor of PSS Towers decide to write a new one from scratch. Until that happens I am not moving from FS9 to FSX.Meanwhile this thread is the best source for information about using the Airbuses in FSX.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Hi To all,I manged with this adjustment to get the PSS work, However I do have 1 question, Does any one here know, how to set up PSS 320 to import flight plan, is it feasible or not at all.Thankswalouigi

I installed the PSS A320 Pro following the instructions.All is ok except my VC's. They have no cabin textures. Panel textures seem ok. Only the glass gauges are showing and working. All other buttons, etc are not working. There are no click spots for example for any autopilot controls.Help!Any ideas?

Guest altridudes

>I'm having alot of trouble with takeoffs. The plane seems>like its sticking itself onto the runway. I need to pull all>the way back and use full trim just to make it off the runway.>I'm using the settings mentioned on page 3 of this thread. >>My autopilot has a mind of its own too. Above 10,000 feet the>pitch just starts swaying uncontrollable until I'm either>stalling or in a nosedive back and fourth until I crash. Help>:(Hi all, first post in this forum for me so I start giving many thanks to Amedee for the conversion guide and to everyone other for the advises reported in this forum.I've a problem in the aircraft flight handling the I assume to be related to the quoted message. During flight I suffer with strong pith up or dive since the take off, may be due to full scale trim runaway up or down, that make teh airplane almost uncontrolable. Tryed also to apply the mod specified in the replay #21 of 14 jan by Vermeire and setting up FSUIPC to intercept axies but both of them didn't solved the problem.Please advise for any other solutions. Many thanks.Ste

Guest Crady

Well, I first have to thank Amedee too!But I also have problems with the Auto Pilot:When I reached my flightlevel the plane is always pitching up and down instead of just holding the designed hight. Adjusting the HDG manually for following the ATC orders it only works a few times and then the aircraft remains doing circles :( So I did not mange to finish one flight yet...Perhaps there is another problem according to SP2 or Acceleration Pack... I found a thread in another forum where a guy said that he adjusted his aircraft.cfg and air file and now the A320 flies like charme - he uses SP2 too.I e-mailed him but did not get any answer jet...If someone of you have any Ideas how to fix this issue I really would be happy to read it here!Thanks Guido

Guest tiger1962

Hi All,The "brakes overheating effect" happens on any wet surface at any speed. It is an FSX Effect called fx_WheelWaterSpray.fx, you can disable it by opening the Effects folder and renaming the file xx_WheelWaterSpray.fx. There is another one called fx_WheelSnowSpray.fx which can be disabled in the same way.RegardsTim

Hi GuysCrady said

When I reached my flightlevel the plane is always pitching up and down instead of just holding the designed height. Adjusting the HDG manually for following the ATC orders it only works a few times
This exactly what happens to me as well. The plane flies beautifully until I reach the CRZ then it pitches up and down. Anyone got any ideas? The HDG problem is also a pain!The PSS A340 was such a comfortable plane to fly in FS9 I would hate to have to say goodbye to it.Tim

Guest prognosis

Hello im a little new to this forum but i have a great understanding on how things work, anyhow i have a huge problem with my PSS panel/IFDG mix for FSX. I have done all the conversions and everythings works good until after I take off the AUTO pilot. My plane Bounces UP AND DOWN very rapidly. I just pull back on the joystick and have to hold it there while i fly but that is not how I remember flying the Airbus in FS9. I thought that all you had to do was pull back on the stick then let go and the plane would hold the pitch and fly by itself. My problem is when i let go of the Stick it begans that rapid bouncing until it is out of control or resort to pulling and holding the joystick back for level flight or climbs etc. Is there a way to fix this problem? BTW I have also adjusted FSUIPC axisintercepts=yes. in FSUIPC.ini file. ALso have adjusted Roll aileron to appropreiate settings. Max 25 Dec 8 Roll 2000. PLZ HELP?!!!!

Hello guys,I did all what you said in the post...But I still have a problem, before I had a black VC now it looks like:4112024702_e0d13f2bde.jpgAny solutions? I may have miss something :( Thank you :) Edit: note that my FSX is acceleration, is it the problem?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.