•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
- - - - -

Did Angelique get the same CS 757 everyone else got?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 rightseater

rightseater

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 3 Months and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

"After reading that review I was shocked also. Made me wonder how much $$ CS paid under the table to get a positive review on a failed piece of software. Someone should be ashame for leting such a misleading review get posted."I don't agree with this review either, but this comment is unnecessary, fails to progress an otherwise valid topic, and is disrespectful to AVSIM and there volunteer staff. AVSIM DOES NOT receive a single penny for there reviews from anyone. Publishers make no such offers, and even if they did they would be rejected immediately and with distain for such bribary. Reviewers select a product to review and usually do there best to provide an honest, objective analysis. Sometimes the review does not align with reality, but claiming a reviewer or any AVSIM member was paid for doing so is simply ridiculous.

Jeremy "rightseater" Fletcher
Forums Administrator

Intel i7 960 @ 4.5GhZ on an MSI Pro-e CrossFireX motherboard.
Dual ATI 6990 GPUs, 4GB GDDR5, OCd to 880MHz
12GB Patriot Sector 7 DDR3 1600
2X Corsair 240GB Force GT SSDs and 1TB Hitachi HDD
ATX 2000 watt PSU
Corsair H60 for the CPU and Thermaltake waterblock for SSDs, HDD, and GPUs.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#32 Bigmack

Bigmack

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 9 Months and 1 Day

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:25 AM

After reading that review I was shocked also. Made me wonder how much $$ CS paid under the table to get a positive review on a failed piece of software. Someone should be ashame for leting such a misleading review get posted.Bill M
Bill McIntyre

#33 windycloud

windycloud

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,334 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 8 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:08 AM

>Generally too with these reviews,>what's NOT said says as much as what is actually mentioned.>If we have to read what's not there to really know about a product, I for one can skip such a review.Jason
Jason

CPL instrument rated SEL MEL

#34 MarkRey

MarkRey

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,705 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 14 Days Ago.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:28 AM

Based on history and the comments of other forum members, I never bought this aircraft. But my bias aside, in fairness I find this review eminently informative.Warning signs: lots of emphasis on visuals, frequent ebullient praise, overuse of the word 'awesome', frequent use of the terms 'I'm not familiar with...' yet still saying such and such is 'realistic'. Plus the reviewer does indicate some glaring inaccuracies like IRS implementation and a couple other things. Plus she does wonder '...what else may not be properly simulated...' Generally too with these reviews, what's NOT said says as much as what is actually mentioned.My impression as an LDS owner is that this is a candid reviewer who is wowed by things that in and of themselves do not impress me that much. I'm not an ATP either, but I see enough info here to tell me it's not as serious a product as I'm used to at the high end. The CS757 is driven by looks, not depth - usual story.- also, anybody know the status of FMS updates? If it's still up to CS to do this :-eek that would be a showstopper for me anyway. No serious contender at this level can be stuck with old data or default plans.regards,Mark
Regards,
Mark

#35 psolk

psolk

PSolk

• Silver
  • 3,200 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 1 Month and 8 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:32 AM

Personally, I think you guys are being way too nice. If someone can not figure out that a 757 is burning fuel from wing tanks first and fuel burn is off by over 50% making this one of the most UNREALISTIC add-ons put out to date then they should not be reviewing. Yes, 757's usually burn 8 tons of fuel going Trans-Atlantic and land with fuel in the center tanks when the wings are empty happens all the time...If no one is going to call CS out on these things in a major review like this then they will assume everything is great just like the review states. Let's have some brutal honesty in these reviews that yes, the model is beautiful, the VC is beautiful but the CS 757 is still suffering from major accuracy issues that prevent us from giving it a positive review at this time....This is really disappointing from the AVSIM team, I would hope they would give us true real informative reviews but it "appears" they will give a glaring review to anyone these days so at this point I can not consider their reviews accurate areas of information to make an educated decision, I would consider them a pat on the back to anyone who advertises and just words that must be taken with a whole bag of salt...Let's call it like it is, the review is a load of BS if it doesn't address the real cons as well as all the pros...Just my .02 but my days of trusting what I read from Avsim reviews are long gone!-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast....3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0Posted Image

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

#36 phmcr

phmcr

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Joined 10 Years and 5 Days Ago.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:19 AM

Same here guys. I read the report with amazement. I had deliberately purchased the PSS 757 a while ago based on all the negative stories I had read here regarding Captain Sim. Reading this review really made me wonder who was fooling who. I hope someone can shed some light on this as indeed, if this is about the same CS 757 everybody was complaining about, I will have to start reading these reviews carefully....Menno
Menno C. Robert

#37 mackintosh

mackintosh

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 2 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:27 AM

Yeah, I'm wondering that too. I've read plenty of user comments on how crap and terrible the CS 757 is both here and on the CS forums (before being removed) and now it gets an AVSIM-approved glowing review that if it were the only thing to go on, would make me buy the CS 757 in a heartbeat.Could we get some clarification please? Cause if this review is based on the bug-infested CS757, I will never trust an AVSIM review again.
Cheers,
Mack

i7 950 @ 4Ghz :Apogee XT waterblock: EVGA X58 Classified :EK full-cover waterblock: Feser X-Changer 360: 3 x GTX 570 (Tri-SLI): EK full-cover waterblocks : Thermochill PA 120.2: 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz RAM (stock speeds) : FS9 & FSX @ 1920x1080 on Windows 7 x64

#38 Inactive Member_mikealpha_***

Inactive Member_mikealpha_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:25 AM

I was wondering about that, too.E.g. the 757-300 has still the same flight dynamics as the 757-200, the fuel consumption is off by up to 50% and the Boeing-typical pitch and power flying is impossible (or at least, a lot of guesswork).The RR versions ignore the calculated TRP values, VNAV disconnects for no reason at every tactical change.And on the glideslope I see permament STAB TRIM warnings, because the elevator trim is at the upper limit and consequently the AC can't flare. And then the braking distance qualifies it to land on a carrier ...Probably hard for a reviewer not to notice that, so hopefully we will also have the 2.1 Service pack soon :)Mike

#39 Inactive Member_B52Drivr_***

Inactive Member_B52Drivr_***
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:20 PM

Pete, Roger that one! OK folks, let us know, as I am sure that if this really IS a 'New, Improved and flies right and has the right stuff, many of us might just spend again . . . maybe.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamflee...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

#40 Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

Forum Moderator

• 950 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 15 Days Ago.

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

Clay,I couldn't agree more with your statment. I like the review, but I'm also wondering if the newest patch was released to address the outstanding issues with this product, and I just didn't know....Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.c...mepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

Peter Zaehringer | Forum Moderator | avsim.com

You Have Agreed To These. Make Sure You Have Read Them: Terms of Service (ToS)

#41 Inactive Member_B52Drivr_***

Inactive Member_B52Drivr_***
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

Hello all, First, to Anelique, I really did enjoy your article, you write well and seem to be most intelligent in the cockpit and a good operator.Saying that, I'm just wondering if YOU got the same CS 757 everyone else gets, or has CS finally gotten all the bugs out of the 757. I've always said CS had the most kick butt graphics in the business and some really nice touches, but the final product just didn't add up . . . Is there something new going on at CS that I don't know about?It would be a nice thought to think that such an eye pleasing aircraft finally did fly correctly with all the proper bells and whistles.Just wonderingBestClayhttp://www.dreamflee...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"