Sign in to follow this  
Paul Golding

Airbus Wilco

......also, even though I read the review twice, I still can't find any comment on whether this is just FSX compatible, or in fact a true FSX version i.e. dds textures, bumpmapping and the like.If in fact it isn't mentioned (and if it is, I can't see it), this is a real issue. Buyers thinking they're getting a FSX release find that it's not (just a ported over FS2004 release), or even worse, it might be a true FSX release and buyers stay shy of buying because the review fails to confirm this!

Cheers

Paul Golding

Guest simensa

Additionally, the reviewer states:" While writing this review, there

Guest campe127

Hey Franco,I'll try it again.Just a small note from the reviewer herself.Thansk for your note regarding this problem. Although I found and have seen lots of things, certain items can always slip thru my finger, but anyway, I'm happy with this note.I suppose Franco, you've contacted Wilco already about this problem but more important, did you have had any answer for this problem and how it will be solved?Thanks in advance for your reply.

Guest campe127

>......also, even though I read the review twice, I still>can't find any comment on whether this is just FSX compatible,>or in fact a true FSX version i.e. dds textures, bumpmapping>and the like.>>If in fact it isn't mentioned (and if it is, I can't see it),>this is a real issue. Buyers thinking they're getting a FSX>release find that it's not (just a ported over FS2004>release), or even worse, it might be a true FSX release and>buyers stay shy of buying because the review fails to confirm>this!>Hey Paul,Although it isn't specially mentioned so you're right with that, the Volume 2 is only FSX compatible and not redesinged from scrath for FSX. I didn't mention it since when it is the case (fully redeveloped for FSX), the vendor is egar to mention this on tihs website.

Guest campe127

>Additionally, the reviewer states:>" While writing this review, there

Guest fbasili

I read review about Airbus Wilco. It missed to report a big issue in FMCG that Wilco has not yet resolved: any change to flight plan wasn't updated so all altitude included TOD wil be inaccurate. This is very disagreeable issue due not resolution when you are in flight; so you will complete your landing in manual mode. Changes to flight plan is not rare when you flight online.Franco Basili

Guest roystondh

Angelique,As a Wilco airbus Volume 1 customer I am very hesitant to invest in Volume 2.I get the impression that Wilco and by implication FeelThere are "hit and run" organisations - as soon as a product hits the streets everybody runs off in the direction of the next project, rather than complete Volume 1 properly they rushed off and did Volume 2.Some of the issues reported in volume 2 also exist in Volume 1, fixes have appeared for them in volume 2, but not volume 1.Don't get me wrong, Volume 1 is potentially a very good product, but reported bugs like the FMC one and others remain unfixed for over a year, the Wilco Forums are locked on the Feelthere website and Wilco / Feelthere are vague when questioned about the required fixes to make this the successful product it should be.I recently reported an issue and was told by Wilco that it was an "FSX" issue, yet strangely it also occurs in fs9 and none of my other aicraft exhibit the same problem, which I frankly refuse to accept.Nobody (yet) has delivered an FS Airbus product in the league of the PMDG / Level D ones.It's pity these guys appear to have got 90% of the way then run off in another direction.Roy Hinds

Guest campe127

Hey Roy,Thanks for your reply and time.I can only say that I'm 100% agree with you that there's still no add-on vendor who's able to simulate a fully operative Airbus cockpit till now. So not only the avionics systems but also aircraft systems, like you see with the LVL-D 767, PMDG 744 but don't forget the Flight1 ATR 72-500. It's not a big jet, but a very impressive FS9/FSX comp. product.SSW had the A310-300 but they where not able to get grip on the AP and ATS. The only hopeb is, but I don't know when it will be released, the Airliner XP with the A320 Family.BTW Roy, you know that WP released just a few days ago a new update for the Volume 1 (CD-ROM owners -> release SP 3b)?

Guest roystondh

Hi Angelique,Thanks for highlighting the SP, I downloaded it earlier today and have just completed a flight in fs9 from KEWR - KIAD.Firstly the good news - clearly some fixed the VLAN modes seem more reliable, I deleted some waypoints in the MCDU and the flight plan changed appropriately.Some features like the cockpit shake on takeoff roll have been added.Now the bad News - I changed my ILS landing runway on descent and whilst the MCDU listed the appropriate ILS frequency, it did not appear on the ND, neither the course or the frequency.Nice Weather, so did a manual landing anyway - however what would have happened if the weather had been bad?It's a pity - Wilco / FeelThere are getting closer - but somebody else is going to walk away with the airbus prize at this rate.Of now to read your ATR review.

Guest roystondh

Hi Angelique,Thank you for mentioning the SP update, I downloaded it last night and have just done a test flight from KEWR to KIAD today.I am pleased to report lots of fixes appear to have been implemented, the VNAV mode seems more managed, I was able to delete some waypoints and the flight plan stayed intact.I was very happy until it came to the landing, as it was good weather I switched ILS runways on the descent to see what happend, whilst the MCDU reported the new runway and frequency this change was not reflected in the ND even when in range of the localizer, so a manual visual landing followed. It's all very well in good weather, but what would have happened if I needed the ILS?It's getting closer to a excellent product and is value for money given that it's both an fs9 and FSX product and multiple products.Lets hope Airliner XP or somebody else pulls off releasing a premium league Airbus productOf now to read your ATR reviewRoy

Guest fbasili

Hey Angelique first of all I think that Wilco Airbus is a good potentially product. About this issue I wrote to Wilco by the report form. Unfortunately the web-form not returns any ticket number and no answer I received from Wilco (note that their Airbus forum is closed).By the way, yesterday Wilco just released a new version (3b) and we'll try if issue is still present.I'll keep you informed. ByeThanks for your answerFranco BasiliRome Italy

Guest roystondh

Self CorrectionApparently the ILS is not auto-tuned if you fail to meet the DECEL point or it is changed in the MCDU - it needs to be set manually.If that's a reflection of how a real Airbus work's then great, otherwise it would be nice to have.In view of the many other improvements it's a very good product.I am now very happy and will look at Volume 2 nowRoy

I installed SP3b for Vol 1 but saw very little change: * It is still very easy to confuse the FMGC flight plan by editing it. * The autothrottle still doesn't engage in THR CLB mode during takeoff after reducing power to CLB. * After an altitude restriction the FMGC still doesn't automatically recommence managed climb as it should. After reading this review I took a chance on buying Volume 2, but was sad to see exactly the same flight plan problems and FMGC problems as Volume 1. Feelthere had promised to resolve the major issues during Vol 2 development and retrospectively update Vol 1. Another minor problem to report: on the A340-600 version, Upper ECAM text shows N2, it should read N3, as on the A330 with RR engines.Regarding ILS autotuning, the real Airbus is certainly not like that. Wilco have made up some logic to switch between NAV1 and ILS as required, rather than simulating ILS as a separate radio. In the real aircraft these are separate tuners so ILS will tune reqardless of whether you reach the DECEL point or not.Wilco make no response to "support form" inputs. The Feelthere support forum is locked. If they issue a SP there is nothing to tell you what is changed.It's sad because both are potentially very good products, ruined by very poor support. Maybe Avsim can apply pressure to Wilco/feelthere in some way? Persuading them to re-open the forum would be a big help.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest fbasili

>Wilco make no response to "support form" inputs. The>Feelthere support forum is locked. If they issue a SP there>is nothing to tell you what is changed.>>It's sad because both are potentially very good products,>ruined by very poor support. Maybe Avsim can apply>pressure to Wilco/feelthere in some way? Persuading them to>re-open the forum would be a big help.>>Kevin>Quote +100Wilco takes our money but they don't worry about yours problems.Franco Basili

Franco,Exactly. I did get a response from them by emailing a general enquiry, but it wasn't terribly helpful. At least they have now posted a list of things changed by Vol 1 SP3b on the Airbus Volume 1 "support" page.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg