Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulDPearl

Where's the "Help with Missions" section of this forum?

Guest PaulDPearl

It would seem to me to make since to have a place where ppl could go on and ask about the FSX Missions and get some help with them... Seems like a whole section could be devoted to such a section... or do none of you guys play the missions because the older versions of the GAME didn't really come with missions so, it seems, the community created mods and everyone's using those...?But hey.. I'm a newbie to this game but not to gaming or aviation...my question/problem is... I'm flying the "Civil Air Patrol" mission and for some reason I can't get past the moutains... my airplane is losing power somehow.... anyhelp would be superfly!

Guest PaulDPearl

yeah but thats just a thread... not a bonefied section.....I'll cross post there...

It's a bonefide sub-forum not just a thread.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest rap777

Hi There!You have to turn carb - heat on. (H) and possibly pitot heat as well (use the switch or shift-h). It is cold up ther in the mountains!All the best and God blessAlfred

Guest PaulDPearl

I have turned on the Pitot heat, as thats part of the mission... and I'm pretty sure I've the carb-heat is also on but I'll double-check.. I'll have to refly the mission and I think I'll turn on all heating prior to takeoff.. maybe I damaged something in flight...Its the weirdest thing... I'll be flying along okay and then the RPMs just drop on me... and I'll lose altitude for a while, fighting to stay at a decent speed and after two mintues or so, the RPMs come back up and I'm away again... Eventually, however, the process catches me too close to the moutain and I'm making an emergency landing dodging trees (which I actually was able to do once.. that was pretty sweet but I couldn't take off again). thanks for your suggestions. __one day a pretty little signature will go here__

What kind of controller are you using?I use a USB Thrustmaster Cougar and for a while had the throttle and stick control drop out completely for a few seconds, finally found out if i unplugged some other USB devices while flying, things were fine, seems some controllers draw more power from USB than can be handled with lots of other USB devices plugged in.I now use a powered USB hub (actually my Dell 2405 monitor) and don't get those problems anymore.Worth a try, other wise make sure your controller calibration shows full range of throttle movment and you raise flaps soon after take off.

LOL I JUST posted this very same problem!!Same exact thing, cept the carb heat lever is not modeled, I try to pulll it to no avail...what is up here..LOL I also landed on the mountain slopes.... couldn't take off again

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Avindair

I've got you beat!1. Landed on the slope.2. Waited for the mission to say "Hey, we got the guy." Never happened.3. Decided that the mission was glitched, so took off again.4. Landed on the slope again to see if I could get it working. Nope.5. Decided to recover to the nearest air station.6. Six miles out of the air station, the mission suddenly vomited voice acting. Yep, I had the guy on board. Off to another airfield.7. Fought my way over the slopes. 8. Mission indicates that we're there, and that a briefer will be on the ground in an hour.9. I make all of the radio calls, land, and taxi to the ambulance. Nothing happens.10. Okay, maybe I needed to roll through the waypoint location. I taxi through that. Nope.11. I take off again, land though the waypoint, and taxi to the ambulance. This time I open the door and shut down the engine. Nope.12. I check my mission status. Oops! Suddenly I DON'T have the survivor on board, and I haven't "landed where directed". HUH?In short, the mission is buggy.Avindair

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Regarding losing power at altitude, did you check your mixture?And I have to ask, what the heck is a pitot?