Sign in to follow this  
Guest dkardell

Flour Power Bug

Guest dkardell

Anyone else encoutner when flying the flour power mission, that the mission will end with an OBJECT CRASH when there clearly is no object in the air that we we are running into ?Dan

yes...i think if you're too low they consider it cheating or something....I tried to get really low and drop one and it said crash....I was prolly 50-100 ft off the water

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest dkardell

Interesting thought. yes I was decending when I dropped it. What is a good altitude to hold while attempting this?Dan

Guest kburgoyne

Just thought I'd add my two cents worth of experience to this thread. I just got done flying Flour Power several times and was consistently watching my flour bombs drop *through* the large stationary targets. I even got to the point of "saturation bombing" targets as I flew over (dropping five or six bombs in a row), and watching two or three of them fall through the target without "hitting" it. Since I had complete success bombing the target in Midwest Fly-In, this has me scratching my head. Played with various collision settings and they don't seem to make any difference. The comment that dropping the bombs from too low might be considered "cheating" by the mission is interesting. Obviously I was dropping the bombs from 50 feet or less when flying the Trike. I just got done doing some "saturation bombing" from 150+ feet and still watched as several of my bombs feel through the target. Obviously since other people are not encountering this problem, there must be something about my configuration. Just thought I'd add this note in case somebody is having the problem -- you're not alone.

There is no penalty for flying too low (unless you crash of course).You are hitting your own flour bombs. The only solution is to fly level when dropping them or turn off collisions.As for the bombs passing through the targets without hitting them, this is very possible when frame rates are low as the flour bomb may pass through the hit detection area between frames. That is the only reason I can think of unless you have found a new bug...