Sign in to follow this  
Guest pookie

NEW Mission Uploaded: A380 Birthday Surprise

Guest haraldh

It was with a great feeling of satisfaction I was on the final to SFO rwy 28R while the A380 made it's approach to 28L!A very good mission idea - timing the A380 - plus a nice sightseeing tour around San Francisco!These kind of nice missions are highly wanted!Haraldh F.

Guest Nils79

Thanks for the cool mission! I enjoyed the sightseeing and the A380 landing very much :)

Guest pookie

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm glad you liked it. I enjoy making these kind of missions since these are the types of flights I used to do in little Cessnas. Stay tuned ... I'm sure I'll make more.

Thank you very much Pookie for both of your missions. They are exactly why I fly FS. Your work is very much appreciated and anticipated.Thank you again,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest NeXTer

I highly enjoyed both of your missions and I'm definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for more.Educational, professional and fun with the right balance.Keep 'em coming! :)

Thanks Pookie,This is a great mission - and I loved landing alongside the A380. More of the same please! As an Aussie, I found it very educational as to the geography/landmarks of this part of the world. Two great missions, and I'm sure that like me, many people will be waiting for the next one!Thanks againjaje

Guest Lith1um

Thank you for two very nice missions Chris.With the entire globe modeled I know it sounds funny, but I always have problems deciding where to fly to/from. Missions like yours put me in places and situations I wouldn't normaly have thought to put myself in so I find them very enjoyable.

Guest flyhighs

Hi, I'm pretty new in this lovely forum and the world of AVSIM. 3 cheers...I have recently tried the A380 birthday mission, but 'am stuck at a point. After I flew past the Golden Bridge it says me to take a left turn and ask me to c the Golden Park. I then take a left turn (still my autopilot holds to the altitude 3000ft) and intersect the park after a little while. But, then it does not say anything and even after flying over the park, I just get no further clue what to do next. I have a save just before it says to turn to c the Park. So, I have tried at least 5-6 times to fly over the park after taking the left turn...but oops...I get no instructions thereafter.What I'm doing wrong..Am I missing something. Could anyone please help me. The mission is sooo.. exciting. But alas...I can't c the A380 :-(Please help.:-)

Guest pookie

Hi there ... I'm the author of the mission.After you depart KHAF and head north along the shoreline you will get an instruction to look at the golden gate park. At this point you should still be SOUTH of the GG Bridge and over the coastline. After that you will be told to turn RIGHT towards Mount Diablo. The compass pointer will change to point to Mt. Diablo to help guide you in the general direction of the mountain. After you've made this RIGHT turn, you should have the GG Bridge nicely off your left side. The mission continues heading towards Mt. Diablo until you will get another instruction to turn North for a bit to stay over the bay. You had mentioned you were turning LEFT so hopefully this helps. If not, use the compass pointer and make sure you're flying from the GG Park towards Mt. Diablo to get the next instruction to turn North.The instruction to head back towards SFO to see the A380 will come shortly after that.Hope this helps ... let me know how you get on.P.S. I know the mission works since I've received tons of feedback of successes with no problems. Good luck and have fun ...

Hi,Great mission! It has all the stuff in it you want for such a mission. Its fun, its clear its entertaining and creates a great buildup to see if you can actually catch the A380 on final. its like a book, well written, good climax and satisfaction in the end.I recommend this one to all! keep them coming, you made me happy flying it.Eric

Guest pookie

Eric ... Wow, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad my mission is still getting reviews. Every now and then I get an email from someone who downloaded it and flew it so it's nice to hear that people out there are still slowly discovering it. Some day I will make my 3rd mission, I promise.