Sign in to follow this  
Guest bdacier

Contraband mission in FSX accel.

This was a long mission but I don't remember getting closer than about 20 minutes flying time to Miami.I stayed about 1nm behind and at "roughly" 50ft RA on the DC-3 (what a bear that was... why didn't MS install the autopilot on the EH101? ))-: ). We did atleast one racetrack pattern before landing on a small island strip. I chose the DC-3 cause of the "a bird in the hand..." and figured the ol' gooney would be loaded to the gills with something verboten.After garnering the rewards, I thought this was the "correct" decision... now my curiosity is piqued re: the light twin. Time to fly it again! Nothing else to do!!RobO.

I think the "trigger" for the event is when you get close enough to be chided by your co-pilot for being a little too close. At any rate, the co-pilot will report back the intecept.The instructions were to make a "close" intercept... I missed this when re-playing to follow the twin (same rewards) and hung back some distance. We were almost to the Bahamas (about 1 1/2 flying time) when I decided to get in close. Shortly after making the close intercept the planes parted ways.If you get in close quickly, the mission is like it says... roughly a half hour total.RobO.

Guest j-mo

>There is one scenario with the DC-3 where F-18's intercept and>takeover your job.This is what I just got. Stayed between 0.2 and 0.5 miles behind. The F-18's were dispatched when we approached the mainland.Now to replay the mission and follow the other plane.

Guest j-mo

OK, replayed following the light twin. Like NeXTer says, it is a LOT more interesting.

I stayed between 0.2 miles and just a few feet behind him. When I did the mission, I landed on the island behind him, and then he jumped into a "fast boat" and tried to escape. I stuck with him and he was apprehended by the USCG near that long bridge thing. Then I had to fly back to the island and secure the evidence. We can compare the awards we got to see if there are different ones depending on what you do or if you get the same one no matter what. I got a patch that said I had been promoted to a level 2 customs inspector (I think.)

Guest j-mo

I think it's the same reward either way.

Guest NeXTer

You get two rewards for following the twin, don't think you get the second for following the gooney.