•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
- - - - -

Resort Supply

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Inactive Member_fsxmissionguy_***

Inactive Member_fsxmissionguy_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 8 Months and 16 Days Ago.

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:34 AM

No problem. Although I didn't design that mission, it's one of my favorites!Cheers,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Inactive Member_VinnieFSX_***

Inactive Member_VinnieFSX_***
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for your help, fsxmissionguy. I finally completed the mission with a *few* knife edge turns at the Maule pick-up airport.

#3 Inactive Member_fsxmissionguy_***

• Guests

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:48 AM

Actually, overflying an unfamiliar runway is standard operating procedure for me in the missions or even in freeflight.Some mission designers might, just as an example, put an obstacle on the runway to surprise the unprepared captain.You've been warned.

#4 Inactive Member_VinnieFSX_***

• Guests

Posted 30 March 2008 - 05:27 AM

I landed the other way, so that might be the problem :-)

#5 Inactive Member_Shalomar_***

Inactive Member_Shalomar_***
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:32 PM

He He. You deliberately overflew to get a better look? I usually overfly cuz I am too fast after shoehorning myself down thru the mountains. I wind up going around; need a tight base leg to avoid the granite cloud... :-) You usually nail the right aproach speed and altitude on your first pass? Kudos...Best regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

#6 Inactive Member_fsxmissionguy_***

• Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:56 PM

Vinnie,If you land on the correct runway, at the correct airport, the Maule should be fairly visible to you. It's on the grass, on the left side of the runway that you landed on, about halfway up the runway.I just reflew this mission, and took the following screenshots on my arrival at Stahekin State:http://forums.avsim....iles/187017.jpgI overflew the runway, rather than land, to get a closer look:http://forums.avsim....iles/187018.jpgHope that helps.

#7 Inactive Member_VinnieFSX_***

• Guests

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:11 PM

I get to the airport where you have to pick-up the Maule, but when I land, I can't seem to find the Maule. Where did you guys find the Maule?Ta.

#8 jstanbro

jstanbro

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

"If you land on the correct runway, at the correct airport, the Maule should be fairly visible to you. It's on the grass, on the left side of the runway that you landed on, about halfway up the runway." The links in the quoted post, like Generalissimo Francisco Franco, are still dead (a Saturday Night Live in the Chevy Chase days reference, for the younger crowd.)I can't for the life of me find the Maule. I'm at the correct airport, because the mission pointer is in the middle of it, and the direct-to on the GPS says so. I landed on runway 13. Just before landing, the copilot says, "There's the Maule." There are 2 Cubs (one red, one yellow), a few vehicles, and some "porta-potties" on the left side of the runway about halfway down, but I can't find anything else. I've even taxied up and down both sides of the runway, stopping every few feet, but nothing. I really like this mission so far, but this is driving me nuts (nuttier?). What's going on, here? Can anybody help? Help!!!Jerry

#9 alexczarn

alexczarn

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 2 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

I have no Idea why you can't see the Maule. If this is of any help...when i did the mission I set scenery complexity to extremely dense, and autogen to none, and I did it fine...

#10 jstanbro

jstanbro

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

I have no Idea why you can't see the Maule. If this is of any help...when i did the mission I set scenery complexity to extremely dense, and autogen to none, and I did it fine...

Thanks for the info. I'll try it.Thanks,Jerry

#11 A380FSX

A380FSX

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 4 Months and 15 Days Ago.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

I did set the Scenery Complexity to extremely dense and autogen to none, and I still couldn''t find the darned plane!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!