Sign in to follow this  
Guest babewatcher

Need help with new Find the Tanker mission

Guest babewatcher

Hi allI just downloaded from the avsim library the Find the tanker mission. As per the instructions I copied the folder to my Just for fun folder and then booted up FSX. The mission doesnt show up on my missions anywhere. Anyone else having the same problem?Don

Guest fsxmissionguy

Don,The author of that mission is working to fix some bugs in that mission. I'd recommend waiting until he uploads again.Cheers,

Guest babewatcher

Thanks for that I figured something must be missing for FSX not to even acknowledge its presence in the folder. I will wait for a new upload.Don

Guest aerofana

Hi,I've submitted a modified .FLT file as a fix to the problem, as suggested by the gurus at fsxmission.com whom I want to thank for their help.I feel very sorry for this issue and hope that everything will be OK now, as reported by some people at fsxmission.com who tried the fix.Don: please re-install the whole thing ... It's not supposed to be in the 'Just for Fun' but in the 'Pilot for Hire' folder as explained (may be not so well) in the readme.Eric

Guest babewatcher

EricI did as you suggested and moved the folder to "pilot for hire" and replaced the FLT file. Unfortunately I still cannot find it when I run FSX and go to the mission menu. For some reason FSX is not recognizing it. I have 11 other missions in the Pilot for hire folder that are there but sadly Find the tanker is missing.Don

Guest aerofana

Don,Which version of FSX / Service pack do you run ?The mission was created with FSX + Acceleration + SP2.I don't see why this would prevent FSX to even "see" the mission (it could maybe explain that it does not load or work ...) ?Another check please: if you filter by difficulty vs category and look at "intermediate" missions is it the same thing ?The lack of compatibility without Acceleration / SP2 is my best idea ... Unfortunately if this is the case for you.Eric

Guest babewatcher

EricThat must be it. I currently do not have acceleration or SP2 installed so my version doesnt even recognize it as being in the folder. I have been reluctant to install ACC or Sp2 do to the horror stories I have heard from those that have as I saw no real value in doing so with my present configuration anyways. Oh well you win some you lose some. thanks anywaysDon

Hi FolksEric -From another quick look at your code,there appears to be nothing in there,that requires SP2/Acceleration,(other than hiding the o/s timer, and IsGlobal false).Unless otherwise,try resaving & re-issuing a copy of the mission with compatibility set to RTM. Reissue the XML only, saying for RTM.HTHATBPaulResized logo pending ;-)http://www.fs-odg.com

hello ,I have the same problem with FSX de luxe version + SP1 installed and you last flt fix installed : no mission in the list .Do we need SP2 as a prerequisite to run this mission ?ThanksThierry

Guest aerofana

Unfortunately it seems that FSX + Acceleration / SP2 are required.I did not wanted that but it was the default when I created the mission since I have indeed this configuration on my "flying rig".As suggested by Paul I will see how to re-build the files with a lower level of compatibility requirement.Sorry for this unexpected inconvenience.Eric