•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

REX for FS9

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RobbieHe

RobbieHe

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 8 Months and 3 Days Ago.

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:56 AM

It's too good to be true. I'll wait until its released and then read some reviews before I purchase. But, man, does it look great!RH

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 timest

timest

Member - 2,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 2,515 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 10 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:31 PM

>Looks amazing....too amazing.>Has their much hyped FSX version even been released yet?>Seven+ months after their initial screenshots for FSX were>released and had the community all giddy like a schoolgirl,>they haven't been released yet. Now there are screenies for a>FS9 version... hmmmm>I hope they prove me wrong, but call me "if it seems too good>to be true.....">RandyThanks for the nice words everyone, and thank you for your support Mike :)Randy:It's been 5 months since the screenshots. We have added features to REX that wasn't slated for release, as well as hurdles to overcome. You can understand. We now have 1 full-time person dedicated to the fs9 version, and as soon as we reach a certain milestone in beta testing the fsx version I will jump on board with the fs9 version as well.As to the questions about frame rates.. no problems guys. All textures sizes are user-selectable. Have a good evening.

Tim Fuchs - REX Games Studios - Developer

REX Support Forum

REX4 Direct

#3 Mike T

Mike T

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,683 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 1 Month and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

Randy:Timest is a stand up guy and I'll vouch for him any day. You have to remember that the delay is not about REX its about SP2! SP2 requires many changes vs original and vs SP1 and it is common knowledge that SP2 broke a lot of FSX products especially if you decide to turn on the, ahem - snicker, DX10 "preview".He has always planned to release the FSX version first and that has always been his focus. He actually LISTENED to the vast number of FS9 users and decided that it actually was worth it to release a FS9 version as well.Regards,Mike T.

#4 ranold

ranold

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 5 Months and 5 Days Ago.

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

Looks amazing....too amazing.Has their much hyped FSX version even been released yet? Seven+ months after their initial screenshots for FSX were released and had the community all giddy like a schoolgirl, they haven't been released yet. Now there are screenies for a FS9 version... hmmmmI hope they prove me wrong, but call me "if it seems too good to be true....."Randy

#5 Inactive Member_abent_***

Inactive Member_abent_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:30 AM

I agree, it does look very promising. However, I'm with flyinpilot212121 on this one. Looks like a frame rate tanker. Hopefully I'm wrong!Thanks for the info.Adam

#6 edetroit

edetroit

Member - 8,000+

• Bronze
  • 10,663 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 13 Days Ago.

Donator

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:42 AM

Looks promising! :9[center][font size=2]regardsEdaka Capt. [font color=red]P[/font color][font color=brown]i[/font color][font color=green]c[/font color][font color=blue]a[/font color][font color=purple]s[/font color][font color=pink]s[/font color][font color=black]o[/font color]http://img.photobuck...roit100/Ed3.jpgMy FS9 Videos] [font color=blue]AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 256Mb DDR Nvidia 7800 GTX PCI-E, Audigy 2 ZSViewsonic VP2130b 21.3" LCD[/font color

#7 dfish

dfish

• Members
  • 911 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 7 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:42 PM

How does it compare to FE?Dave F.

#8 Inactive Member_LeeWang_***

Inactive Member_LeeWang_***
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:31 PM

Looks like both. Screenshots for FS9: http://www.flightsim...howtopic=140531Lee

#9 flyinpilot212121

flyinpilot212121

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,523 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 1 Month and 16 Days Ago.

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

From the screenshots it looks like it will be a nice program, but looks like it will swallow the frames whole.Is this for fs9 or fsx? or both?P.S this is rex http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/
Gerry

tweak tweak tweak to get that extra FPS, Maybe we should boycott the FPS and just fly!!!!!!!

Extremely proud IFly and Flight1 supporter

Posted Image

#10 Inactive Member_ha5mvo_***

Inactive Member_ha5mvo_***
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

Who's REX?

#11 Mike T

Mike T

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,683 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 1 Month and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

I'm surprised that I did not see news of this posed here! That is REALLY great news as the greatest sim released by MS to date just keeps on getting better!Regards,Mike T.