Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

People using FSPassengers

I just bought FSPassengers a few weeks ago and I LOVE it. Those of you that fly with it know what special "things" that it adds to FS2004. My main problem is figguring out the correct FLIGHT TIME in hours/minutes and the number of pounds of fuel the flight will take. I did a little "reverse engineering" and came up with: Fuel= 8 X miles ( in lbs of fuel), and Flight Time = miles/4.6. This morning I arrived at my destination with 2235# fuel remaing, but I arrived 55 minutes TOO early and you know I lost points for being too early. What program or programs are most of you using to get the correct numbers for Flight time and required pounds of fuel? I love the way it grades how HARD your landing is. I got a "KISS" this morning. The other day I landed so hard that the "passengers didn't know if I had landed or was shot down ! One last thing . How do you repair all of the "equipment Failues" that happen. i.e. wing tanks fuel imballance, landing gear will not raise etc. I cannt find anywhere that explains how to repair all of the failures and they were "RUINNING" my flights so I went to the "cfg's" and got rid of ALL of them ! Thanks jerrycwo4

Firstly get yourself a half decent fuel planner, There are a few in the library that base fuel on aircraft & distance travelled.As for times, what I do is get the real world info from here:http://www.flightstats.com/go/Home/home.doThen it's easy.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

The only reason I have never bought FSPass is all this point scoring and rating and running it like an arcade game. The actual enhancements like cabin and ground audio as well as realistic company related items interest me alot, esp combining with my fs2crew. But I just don't go for point scoring and pax rating my landings etc.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I love FSP because it keeps you honest. You don't have to use the points system.Most users are not trying to "score points", what most are trying to do is fly like they would if they really had people in the plane.Meaning for example, if your hi or fast on finals you go around instead of trying to salvage a poor approach. It will punish you for things like landing too hard or forgetting to turn the landing lights on or reversing thrust after 60kts. You can also damage the plane, come in too fast and drop the flaps down too soon? Frozen flaps is what you get to deal with.I also love the random failures it throws at you, bird strikes, loss of an engine, oil pressure dropping, brake failure, gear not coming down and so on.It certainly changed the way I fly. It will watch you and keep you flying "in the limits" so to speak. I don't fly with out it.

The ability to program the autopilot by using the keyboard has been worth far more to me than the cost of the program. Add to that the complete and detailed PIREPS, the nice sound packages, and the ability to use it with any plane in my hangar, and it's a must have for me - I just can't fly with out it. You can eliminate most of the game elements in it too, I usually do because I have enough technical checks and balances between my sim and VA anyway I don't need their two cents. :-) As far as time of flight and fuel consumption I use a fueld planner and FSBuild and/or FSNavigator for my flight planning, and then add my taxi time at both ends to the calculated flight time -- usually about 45 minutes is ok. If you land within 20 minutes of your projected time either way you're not penalized, so that usually works out.I can't stand the support forum though. I cringe whenever I have to post a question to them: just like I do over at Pete Dowson's site. If you've read the manual, studied the FAQ, AND done a 20 minute forum search on your question, you'll get your answer but the little twerp who answers it will still throw some stupid "Read the FAQ" type comment in, as though you haven't already done that. I hate that.I guess I've been spoiled by how generously helpful people are here at AVSIM. (I mean that! No sarcasm!!)

I do have FS Build and it does have a flight time given, but I'm flying the Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X and it does NOT have that aircraft listed in FS Build. It's flight times are not good enought for me. I'm looking for something better. What are the names of some of the Fuel Planners? Where can I get them? Thanks jerrycwo4

Do a search here in the file library for "Fuel Planner". You can add your specific aircraft type to see if there is anything programmed for it specifically.

FSPassengers is in incredible program. I don't use the economy or points system. I only use it for it's emergencies (astonishingly thorough) and what the passengers think. For instance, it reports vertical speed on landing. It that gets too high the passengers get upset.Fuel planning?My simple formula: (direct point-to-point flight)Fuel = Miles/400 * X + 2 * X + optional X X =5000 737-600 PMDG6000 737-900 PMDG28000 RFP, PMDG 7476000 Tinmouse6000 Flight 1 MD809000 DF 72710000 LDS 767Best to distribute fuel as much as possible - you never know when FSP is going throw a "fuel leak" at you :)Simple, works for me as my focus is aircraft operation not mimmicking real world ops. Come to think of it, maybe I'll try a fuel planner.

I just purchased "VRoute" (don't know what it does but cannt seem to make it give me the time of flight or required fuel required) and FS Navigator, but haven't tried to figgure it out yet. Hopfully one of them will work for me. jerrycwo4