Sign in to follow this  
onurksn

AI Separation, how good?

Hello fellow simmers,I've just downloaded AI Seperation from the library. I'm running about 50 WOAI packages at 100%. I need this kind of software especially for the final approach phase of my flights where all AI pile up.Those who are using it, any thoughts?

Thanks Jim,Yeah, it's the slew thing that put me off...I suppose I'll take a look at AI Smooth.

AI smooth is the way to go. It's not 100% fool proof but I would say 99%.Also, make sure you use Ken Salter's taxi speed fix (FS9 config programme). Between the two it really reduces the AI bunch up's.

>AI smooth is the way to go. It's not 100% fool proof but I>would say 99%.>>Also, make sure you use Ken Salter's taxi speed fix (FS9>config programme). >>Between the two it really reduces the AI bunch up's.Will do Al, thanks for the advice.

>Also, make sure you use Ken Salter's taxi speed fix (FS9>config programme). Can you set that up to speed up runway exit WITHOUT affecting normal taxi speed on the taxiways? I'd like to get my AI to clear the runway faster, but not at the expense of having my AI aircraft racing around the taxiways like NASCAR race cars.....

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Land Taxi speed to 37kts works well.You can configure what ever speed you want for the taxiway and runway.

How does one speed up taxi speed for AI? I've never heard of this, wouldlike to give it a try.Thanks

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hi,The two things you can do is change the universal taxi speed (I keep this around 19 kts) and change the speed at which "landing" becomes "taxi". This can be in the high thirties, as the previous poster mentions. This will help them turn off the runway sooner, although it doesn't speed them up while on the runway.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Clearly more people prefer AISmooth, but I prefer AI separation.AISeparate+ Aircraft stay in arrival order+ Parameters allow for tweaking arrival separation- Aircraft slewed more than 40 miles from airport may be lost by ATC+ Priority arrival for user aircraftAISmooth- No arrival priority. Some aircraft hold past departure time creating problems when they land+ Multiple holds for the same aircraft, handles more aircraft than AISeparate+ Parameters allow for tweaking arrival separation and hold release+ Priority arrival for user aircraftAt first I hated the slewing, but after trying AISmooth and having aircraft get locked into a hold for way longer than they should, I decided the slewing wasn't so bad. If AISmooth would incorporate an arrival priority and manage the holds with first in, first out, I'd switch and use it all the time.Bruce

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,sorry but man things you all talking about are not true! I spent lot's of time to find out the better programm.It is not true when saying AI Seperate will give your aircraft landing priority. The Problem with AI Seperat is that the entire AI Traffic will be handeled by AI Seperate but not your own!! AI Seperate does NOT recognize users aircraft but AI Smooth does.AI Smooth is in my eyes the big looser although AI Smooth recognizes users aircraft. The huge problem of AI Smooth is that planes will be send into Holdings when a Traffic alert occurs and 80% of the planes at big airports will be in holdings for hrs. The airspace is full of aircrafts in holdings and so airports get more and more empty. Ai Seperate does not sent aircrafts into holdings, it makes planes fater / slower to realize a clean approach line with sufficent room between each landing aircraft.Although AI Seperate does not recognize users aircraft it is the better one and I now what I am talking about becuase I spent a huge amount of time to find out which one is the best.

Wow!!The AI issue certainly does get a lot of attention, it seems it's a very important part of our simming experience.Thank you very much for your opinions.

>>Yeah, it's the slew thing that put me off...>I suppose I'll take a look at AI Smooth.>Both Seperation Utilities place the AI Plane in slew mode. AI Seperation back slews final approach, AI Smooth slews what appears to be a circuit holding pattern.There is no way in FS9 or FSX to tell a AI Plane to fly a holding pattern so what you see with AI Smooth is a slew mode when in a holding circuit. Both Utilities destroy the seperation code that FS2004 uses as the default. Yes, FS does have a built in seperation AI Traffic code but many Users have never studied AI behavior to see it working.There are pro's and con's on which slew mode works best in conjunction with the ATC Engine. Regardless of the slew mode used each AI plane that is sent a slew command looses the interface code between ATC and the arrival AI Plane when released from slew.Without getting too technical that means each AI Plane when it comes out of slew has to fallback on a hardcode .dll for the approach to a runway. The fallback releases the AI plane from using the coded default XML ILS approach which has hardfloor altitudes and FAF locations to help a AI Plane establish the correct glidepath.If a AI Plane goes missed approach it can no longer establish itself back in control of ATC /AI Engine and also cannot use the coded XML missed approach altitude or vectors to final outside the FAF. This is clearly seen with every single curved approach that FS2004 has in the approach database and any approach curve I write such as the IGS 13 into Kai Tak.AI Seperation uses a backslew which in many cases backs the AI plane right out of the Visual AI Zone Sector and the AI Plane disaapears and then pops up at the Gate.AI Smooth will release the slew circuit mode and the plane fall out of the sky and never land or cannot find the final approach so they also pop up at the gate.Like many have already said, each has pro's and con's but each also affect FS2004 the same way in the end. The end result is you have less AI planes flying the approach and more AI Planes poping up at the Gate or moving on to their next FP destination. That alone makes it appear that some magic has been performed to make it look like planes have been seperated when the fact is planes have been taking out of the approach cycle (meaning deleted). You can do the same thing that AI Smooth and AI Seperation does with a manual command (delete offending AI planes) with the use of the Traffic Tool Box utilty that ships with the SDK. That is what AI seperation and AI Smooth are working with.

Guest XQ-NUE

I am wondering where yout take this from?I studied AI Smooth and AI Seperation for many many hrs during my free time at major airports such as Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam, Vienna and Madrid.This happened:AI SMOOTH:Almost every 3rd plane on arrival was forced by ATC to make a go around. At frankfurt over 30 planes made go around without 60 minutes and the majority of them came never back to approach. Furthermore many aircrafts on approach touched down far away from the runway and drove on ground to the touch down zone of the runway they wanted to approach.AI SEPERATION: 41 out of 50 planes landed as they should.The remaining 11 aircraft made either a go around (6 aircrafts) and came back to approach the runway again. 3 out of 50 aircrafts dissapeared into nowhere.Of course each programm got bad thinks and good things but AI Sep. is by far the most reliable programm.