Sign in to follow this  
regis9

FSX Acceleration and FS2Crew

Yesterday I bought and installed the Acceleration add-on for FSX. After doing so, I can no longer load any aircraft from the Wilco/Feelthere Airbus Volume 1 package with FS2Crew installed. After selecting an aircraft, FSX just crashes to desktop without any error messages or anything.I tried reverting back to the standard panel.cfg file and all aircraft loaded properly, so it seems like the issue may be with FS2Crew more so than the aircraft themselves.Has anyone else experienced this?Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi Bryan, I'm using XP SP2 and my joystick was plugged in. Thanks

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hi Bryan, I tried as you suggested and no such luck.I also tried re-installing FS2Crew again and no luck there either.Tonight I will uninstall Acceleration to ensure that the problem is not present when Acceleration is not installed.Cheers

Dave

Hmmm, the plot thickens. I just uninstalled Acceleration and am still getting the same problem.I distinctly remember though that my last successful flight before installing Acceleration was in an A320 using FS2Crew.I've reconfirmed that my joystick is plugged in and is recognized by Windows.

Dave

Hi Brian, uninstalled both FS2Crew and the A320, I even went into the FSX directory and deleted the additional repaints of the A320 that I've downloaded. I then reinstalled the Airbus package. The aircraft all load fine. After installing FS2Crew, loading the A320 from the main menu would cause the CTD mentioned above. Loading any of the A319's or A321's that did not have the FS2Crew panel.cfg installed worked fine.Thanks

Dave

Dave,So this only happened *after* installing Acceleration, right?Hmmm, I'm stumped.I don't have XP any more. Does XP have an "Event Viewer" like Vista does? I think it does if memory serves correct.If so, you should be able to get some details on the CTD.Bryan

That makes two of us Bryan...this only started after I installed Acceleration, but then when I tried uninstalling Acceleration, the CTD's continued. But then again, who knows if files are being left behind when Acceleration was uninstalled.I'll look and see if there's an "Event Viewer" type program in XP...

Dave

Hi Bryan, I looked through the event viewer files, but unfortunately did not see anything that I think would correlate with times I attempted to load the Airbus with FS2Crew. There were a few entries relating to FSX CTD's but I believe those are a few times I've had a flight freeze up and give me a "send/don't send" message (and looking at the event log, it seems to be some issue between the Radar Contact 4 executable and simconnect...hmm another one to tackle at a later date!)Just to confirm what I thought I was seeing, I just tried to load the A320, it crashed as expected, but there were no entries in any of the event logs of it crashing...it's like Windows doesn't even know it's crashing!Cheers,

Dave