Sign in to follow this  
Guest CF188

FS2Crew WFT 330/340

Guest CF188

Mr. York,Will the FS2Crew A340 work with the A330 as well?Thx

Hi,The A320 version of FS2Crew (Wilco-Feelthere) is currently being updated so it will work with the A340 CFM models.I'll probably release panel.cfg files so it will also work the the A330 models in the near future once things stabilize (same thing I did with the A320).The code is basically done for the A340(I had to do some significant surgery on it), and I just need to update the Start Center and manuals.I'll be calling for beta testers soon for it just to make sure I didn't break anything somewhere along the line.Cheers,Bryan

>"The A320 version of FS2Crew (Wilco-Feelthere) is currently being updated so it will work with the A340 CFM models."

The main differences (code wise) are associated with different buttons and button/switch placement in the A340 versus A320, and in particular how they relate to the panel.cfg.An example is the autobrake switch... there are differences between some of the various A330/A340 panels in how it is presented. This complicates things, although it's a minor complication.The actual operation of FS2Crew A320 versus FS2Crew A340 from a practical and differences point of view is fairly negligible due to the scale of the commonality between the Airbus cockpit and procedures.I hope that ramble made some sense :-)Cheers,Bryan

OH and one more thing.Do I buy the previous A320 FS2Crew for the A330/A340 (not planning on flying/buying the Wilco A320) will it be an addon to the addon, so to speak.Or will these changes you are making to the A320 Code/panel, be released as its own A330/A340 separate entity??Comprehensive ramble up there :-roll :-roll :-roll hope you get it though.Thanks again Mr. York.Golli.

Hello Bryan :-)Get it!!I will not buy the FS2Crew A320 version then, but wait for a special A330/A340 version (via Simmarket).I just purchased the Wilco A330/A340 (via Simmarket, Boxed), so I will be familiar with the "Airbus philosophy" before your thing arrives.When you do release your FS2Crew for it, I hope you "shove it in their face"(Simmarket that is) so to speak, as we had to wait for months for the FS2Crew for the PMDG 747. I dont mean this in any negative or violent way, just get simmarket's attention :-jumpy :-yellow1 :-wave Thanks in advance.Golli.