Sign in to follow this  
krishcanag

Fsuipc And Fsx

At first I was reluctant to purchase FSUIPC. I was  intimidated by it's complexity, but after using it, found out it's not all that bad. Have just scratched the surface of what it can do.The support is great, Pete sent me messages to help me with a problem, can't beat that.

Can someone explain what that wind smoothing is all about?

Can someone explain what that wind smoothing is all about?

First I'll explain the problem:

Say you're flying at 35K feet doing Mach .80 in a big jet.  You've got a tailwind of 60 knots.  Now your weather program (default, REX, etc.) says hey the weather stations now say that wind just changed by 45, 60, 90, whatever degrees in heading.  It inserts the new wind with no transition and BAM your plane jerks to one side or the other and possibly either loses a lot of speed (I've gone from 280kias to 240-250 before) or all of a sudden your tailwind becomes a headwind and instantly you're doing way over your aircraft's max speed.  

The solution:

Wind smoothing in FSUIPC.  It modifies the wind effect on your plane so that the above example that transition can happen a few degrees and/or knots of wind every second so it's more gradual and you or the autopilot have time to react before catastrophe happens.  I know I used a high & fast big jet flight as an example but the same principal applies low & slow too.  It also useful so you don't get to 200' agl on final approach and get slammed in the side as the wind decides to change right before landing.  

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

flyinion, very good explanation, now I know. Thanks so much.

ok pete didn't mean to offend but I did press cancel button but it still woudnt load anyway

and as far as the .dlll is concerned didn't delete all the fsx .dlls just the fsuipc one

its working fine now and ime surprised how I managed without it before sorry to have caused offence but I am an fogy retired and still like fly the skies .....without delays at the airport

oh and to end I did purchase a pucker copy and it loaded first time, again thanks for the good work

frank

Trust me, most of us are extremely glad that you do bother.

I'll copy that as well!

I had been meaning to pick up FSUIPC for the longest time in order to correct some constant calibration issues with my yoke, but it was my latest excursion that finally made me take the jump: Building a helicopter collective from a Arduino Uno.  It's a far ways from done yet, but without FSUIPC and it's LUA interface, it simply wouldn't be happening!!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I want to purchase Fsuipc 4.  Can it be purchased at a site other than Simmarket?'

thanks for any info.

I want to purchase Fsuipc 4.  Can it be purchased at a site other than Simmarket?'

thanks for any info.

No. They have exclusive rights.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather