Sign in to follow this  
Guest gopatriots

World Of Ai Installer Problems

Guest gopatriots

Hello,I am having problems using the WoAI installer. I suspect, but am not sure, that it may have something to do with Vista's quirkiness.After attempting to install various AI packages (AirTran, for example), I get the following error:Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.Index was outside the bounds of the array.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WoAI installer several times, as well as various AI packages, but no dice.Any ideas?Zach

Hello,I am having problems using the WoAI installer. I suspect, but am not sure, that it may have something to do with Vista's quirkiness.After attempting to install various AI packages (AirTran, for example), I get the following error:Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.Index was outside the bounds of the array.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WoAI installer several times, as well as various AI packages, but no dice.Any ideas?Zach
I don't run Vista but understand you may need to turn off UAC (User Account Control) so you effectively have permission to install programs and make changes without Vista objecting.If that is the case you can find that option under Start -> Control Panel -> User AccountsGood luck.

I'm getting the same problems also. UAC has been off on my system as long as Vista has been installed. The installer just gets hung up for some reason. Just retry, it will work eventually.What really sucks is when you try to remove an airline and it fails. It removes all your aircraft associated with that airline along with the config files. Real pain in the a**!! Now I back up my aircraft folder every time!!!Devin

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Guest DeMiNeM

Don't know if this will help, but:When unzipped, all the installer files should be kept in the same folder and the installer run from that folder.It also appears to help if the AI Packages are also retained in a common folder (not the same folder where the installer is in)

Guest gopatriots
can you post a screenshot of the error so we can determine what is going wrong exactly ?Tom vd HorstWorld-of-AI
Thanks for your help. I have turned off UAC, no dice. Also I have used a common folder, but no luck on that either.I'm out of town right now, but when I get back to my desktop I'll post a screen.Any Vista users running WoAI?

Guest DeMiNeM

Yes, I am running Vista (Home Premium) and the great packages provided by WoAI. I experience no problems. But I don't have any idea on this matter. I'll leave it up to Tom, since he is 'one of the guys' from WoAI.

Guest o76o
Make sure the zip file package is not 0kb in size, otherwise it will crash the installer.

Guest gopatriots

Here's a screen shot of the error. For anyone interested, the full details are:See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at WOAI_Installer.frmMain.ReadPackage() at WOAI_Installer.frmMain.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------WOAI Installer Assembly Version: 2.4.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.4 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Zach/Desktop/WoAI/WOAI%20Installer.exe----------------------------------------Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System.Runtime.Remoting Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll----------------------------------------System.Configuration Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib Assembly Version: 0.84.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.84.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Zach/Desktop/WoAI/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:<configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

Yep...that looks familiar! :)I'll post any more errors I get also once I have another one. My installer is in its own folder while all my WoAI packages are in another folder. My FS9 is on another drive (D:\), but that shouldn't make a difference.Will keep you posted.Devin

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Yep...that looks familiar! :)I'll post any more errors I get also once I have another one. My installer is in its own folder while all my WoAI packages are in another folder. My FS9 is on another drive (D:\), but that shouldn't make a difference.Will keep you posted.Devin
Which package are you trying to install ?Usually this error comes up if there's a corrupt download of the installer software running.Remove the installer completly from your setup and download the installer zip again.Then unzip it, download a package and install it.If the error pops up again post here and I will have a look.Tom vd HorstWorld-of-AI

It doesn't matter what package I'm installing...it fails randomly. It's not that it doesn't work, it just fails randomly on any package. Once I restart the installer, I usually can install the package it failed on. On the second try, it informs that the package is already installed, would I like to repair the istallation. I click yes, and 99% of the time everything is hokiee dokiee.It's hard to pinpoint why it fails. I have 5 or 6 installations to do...I'll try to get to them this afternoon and see if it fails again.Thanks Tom for showing an interest in this. The WoAI packages are second to none!!Devin

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Guest gopatriots

Hi All,I finally bit the bullet and just reinstalled FS2004 itself. For whatever reason, all of the WoAI packages have worked now. I'm really not sure what the problem was, but I'm quite happy it was resolved!

Hi All,I finally bit the bullet and just reinstalled FS2004 itself. For whatever reason, all of the WoAI packages have worked now. I'm really not sure what the problem was, but I'm quite happy it was resolved!
Cool! I was going to suggest something but looks like you fixed it. I had the same error with my AI packages... It seemed that once I unzipped the file, another zip file appeared with a readme notepad file.. Selecting that zipped unzipped file to install made everything work... I dunno, it could be random luck on my end I guess, but glad you got it fixed :-)

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

As promised: This one is with Empressa Aerocarribean:See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty. at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive) at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive) at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive) at WOAI_Installer.frmMain.InstallPackage() at WOAI_Installer.frmMain.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------WOAI Installer Assembly Version: 2.4.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.4 CodeBase: file:///C:/WOAI%20Installer/WOAI%20Installer.exe----------------------------------------Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System.Runtime.Remoting Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll----------------------------------------System.Configuration Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------AIFSControls Assembly Version: 1.0.2152.26365 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/WOAI%20Installer/AIFSControls.DLL----------------------------------------ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib Assembly Version: 0.84.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.84.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/WOAI%20Installer/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:<configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png