Sign in to follow this  
Guest CLYDESID

Updating Nav Database

Guest CLYDESID

Can anyone help me in updating the nav databse. i have 0901 currently and install it. I however can't find the files needed for the ifly 747 witin AIRAC 0901 to update it formt he default of 0501.

Guest Beeline

Did you download the Airac for PMDG? That's the one you need and when you run the install program it will place it in a folder called FMCWP/Navdata under your main FS folder. or at least that's what it does for me. Look for the four wpNav* files and copy to your Ifly Navdata folder, also under the main FS folder. You can check it has updated when you bring up the I-fly FMC initialisation screen.Also see the following important instructions, copied from an earlier post:I knew there had to be something wrong with the NavAID file ONLY since the FMC was able to read airways, fixes, and airports. I had once read in a forum that the iFly 747 cannot read NDB frequencies above 1000 kHz and that these NDBs were recent additions. That's how it struck me.I'll surely email you guys with the edited file...if anyone else needs it, feel free to ask.Just for your future reference, I'll let you know how to edit the file. Take for example the 0809 wpNavAID.txt file. You might be wondering how to find those specific NDBs in such a huge file!It's quite simple. I'll illustrate with an example. There is a NDB named MIKHAYLOVSKY which is identified as MH. Just open the wpNavAID file and hit CTRL + F to find it. You'll notice that the last digits in the line are the frequency followed by a "N" for NDB. This is true for all the NDBs.Now almost all NDBs have five digits for their frequency....that is...XXX.XX. But any frequency above 1000 will have four digits before the decimal...XXXX.XX. As a result, the last "N" will pop out by one character after the last column of the file. You can use MIKHAYLOVSKY as an example and notice that the "N" sticks out one character after the previous entry which is CLN or the Clacton VOR near London.This way, you can scroll down the entire file and look for these "N"s which pop out! All the NDB's which need to be removed are so easy to find that way!

Guest CLYDESID

Thank you. I followed what you have posted and it appears I am now at AIRAC 0901. Thank you very much sir.