What's new in the Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide - UPDATED V2!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Free VFR Photo Scenery Vol 6 never istalled for FS2004
- Free simMarket addon - FSDG's Oresund X for FSX & P3D v2.x
- Aerosoft PMDG 747X Boxed version reduced to €29.99
- Aerosoft Winter Sale 20% off boxed products
- Drzewiecki Design New York City X 30% off?
- Just Flight Pick and Mix Sale
- Drzewiecki Design Polish Airports volumes, which one to get?
- Ultimate VFR Photoscenery Crazy 75% Off
- Any one looking for a complete Fuselage to make a sim out of? There are a few on ebay for $300
- X-Plane FlyJsim 727 complete $39 !
- Precision Flight Controls Beech Yolk with Hall Effect & Digital Clock
- Reduced! PFC Cirrus II Console and Pedals $500 + shipping
- Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS - Priced low for quick sale!
- CH Throttle Quadrant; CH Eclipse; Saitek Combat Pedals
- For Sale: Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, $120
- Reduced price for Flightbeam KIAD (2nd copy for sale)
- SAITEK PRO FLIGHT SWITCH PANEL (UK based)
- Saitek X52 System For Sale
- SAITEK Trim Wheel for sale (UK, IRL or Europe only)
- Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition - 1Yr Old
. . .
FSX AI Tutorial?
Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:54 PM
Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:10 PM
As you have found, the FSX SDK Traffic DataBase Builder is not a very viable 'tool' for someonewho does not possess infinite patience.I use TTools to create all my FSX AI traffic bgl's and then run them through a utility to convert themto FSX format. There are utilities available to do this as well as decompile the flightplans.I use my FS9 Aardvark, PAI and WOAI aircraft and plans in FSX. Some of the aircraft may have 'issues' due to changes in the way FSX handles textures, etc.. Most notably prop aircraft.But for the most part they work OK.I use this program to convert my FS9-format traffic BGL's:http://lc0277.nerim....sxconvert02.zipThere is a FSX and FS9 traffic BGL decompiler created by Peter van der Veen, FSX Decompiler.exe.Search the library here for his utilities.I generally do not decompile the FSX bgl's. I simply make my changes to the TTools files, recompilewith TTools then convert and replace the previous version.For boat traffic, I recommend the AI Boat Utility by Lamont Clark, author of the "bglfpfsxconvert02" utility noted above. You can get the AI Boat Utility at his site as well. Very easy to use and allows you todefine boat traffic routes using Google Earth. Paul
Well I've finally upgraded and can enjoy FSX.But there seems to be issues around the simple joy of adding my own AI Traffic. I've searched for a month on the forums, but I could not find any single source for a comprehensive AI Traffic guide for FSX. Is there a document out there that I can get?I know TTools no longer applies in FSX. I find AI work tedious, but very rewarding. I don't want a package. More fun creating my own AI aviation world.OK. This is what I have learned regarding FSX:1. The SDK utility is cumbersome. In a word, junk.2. I can use FS9 fomatting for the AI flightplans, but I need to then run them through a .BGL utility that converts the files to FSX format.So I have a few questions please.1. Can the standard AI types from Aardvark, EVAI, DJC, Fruitstand, HTAI, DWAI work cleanly in FSX?2. How can I install the AI into the FSX AI world?3. How are files decompiled and then recompiled? I welcome and appreciate all who respond 'cause this has me really confused. And FSX is sooooo pretty, it would be a shame if I couldn't add my AI traffic like I used to.Thank You!Rick (MKE)
Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:01 AM
Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:10 PM
Q9550 @ 3.4, 4GB 1066, GTX 260, Vista Basic 32, FSX on separate Seagate 500 GB, CRT finally died...got my wife's LCD
Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:09 AM
I have downloaded this tool. It looks farely easy to use. I made some flightplans, compiled them and add them to my FSX scenery/world/scenery folder, but nothing show. I've made sure that there were no error messages wrt starting times, legs, etc.I have followed the turorial, but it does not give all the info.Any help? I am sorry that I cannot supply info as to where I made a mistake. I simply don't knowRegardsMartin
RickThere is also a tool called AIFlightplaner that does everything you need for FS9 and FSX.Bob
Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:59 AM
CalClassic Propliner Page